Walker grumbling about contract extension AGAIN...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker
Driver
Robinson
Gardner
Ferguson

There is a lineup of WR that Brett just might get excited about.

Koren Robinson returning kicks and
Robert Ferguson returing punts

And Chatman's release all starts to become clear.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really want Ferguson over Chatman?

Chatman has been the reliabillity himself, Ferguson has been the liabillity himself, yet you trust him with a spot on the team over Chatman.. I don't see the logics here

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
You really want Ferguson over Chatman?

Chatman has been the reliabillity himself, Ferguson has been the liabillity himself, yet you trust him with a spot on the team over Chatman.. I don't see the logics here

Ferguson always stood out on special teams -- he played on all of them prior to injuries and being forced into a primary receiver role.

He is sure handed, like Chatman, but bigger and faster.

As you can see I had him listed as a #5 receiver.

I do believe he may be traded, in which case you can insert a rookie draft choice, one with a good size speed ratio -- just as they described when explaining Chatman's release

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Ferguson is a sissy, he doesn't go for the ball

That is Bull$hit. The kid played with injuries that should have landed him on the I.R. early in the season -- and they would have landed most players there.

He is anything but a sissy -- the doctors had to keep ordering him off the field in games and practice -- when they were telling him he was not physically ready to go.

If you want to criticize him for not having good ball instincts, I would be able to see where you are coming from.

Guess what, any guy who not only makes it to the NFL but plays on all of your special teams is pretty damned far from being a sissy.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't play like the hero you portray him as in the 2005 season, he was afraid to go through the middle, afraid to attack the ball etc.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce said:
GakkofNorway said:

That is Bull$hit. The kid played with injuries that should have landed him on the I.R. early in the season -- and they would have landed most players there.

He is anything but a sissy -- the doctors had to keep ordering him off the field in games and practice -- when they were telling him he was not physically ready to go.

If you want to criticize him for not having good ball instincts, I would be able to see where you are coming from.

Guess what, any guy who not only makes it to the NFL but plays on all of your special teams is pretty damned far from being a sissy.

Bruce, Fergy had some aligator arms quite a few times last season. That's not being tough, maybe not a 'sissy' but surely not what you want out on your team. You want players who do not fear the ball!

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
He is earning 1/4 of the money Ferguson is and I think that bothers him.

Really? Can you post a source that shows the salary comparisons?
It would much be appreciated by all.

Thanks

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BACKIN-PACKIN said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
He is earning 1/4 of the money Ferguson is and I think that bothers him.

Really? Can you post a source that shows the salary comparisons?
It would much be appreciated by all.

Thanks
Here are their 2006 salaries:
Robert Ferguson 1,400,000
Donald Driver 1,360,000
Javon Walker 650,000

I believe that Ryan provides you with source right here on his home page.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Bruce said:
GakkofNorway said:

Bruce, Fergy had some aligator arms quite a few times last season. That's not being tough, maybe not a 'sissy' but surely not what you want out on your team. You want players who do not fear the ball!

Yeah, you guys are probably right. Any sissy would have held on to the ball like Robert did here...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is what it takes to get receiver Robert Ferguson off the field: a stretcher

Calf, ankle, knee, groin, shoulder and hamstring injuries all year couldn't sideline him for more than a game and a handful of practices in 2004.

It would take a left-armed clothesline shot from Jacksonville safety Donovin Darius with 4 minutes 41 seconds left in Green Bay's game against the Jaguars.

Ferguson's helmet, chin strap and other equipment flew in every direction on the hit. Ferguson rolled twice to a stop. Motionless on the 13-yard line, he somehow held on to the 31-yard pass from quarterback Brett Favre, the frozen, rock of leather still in his grasp as his legs lay like dead wood.

Darius was flagged for unnecessary roughness and ejected.

It would take a team of trainers and doctors to remove Ferguson, but he did head to the tunnel with a thumbs up for the fans. He was then whisked away to Bellin Hospital in Green Bay for X-rays.

"The rest of the game I wanted to win, but my concern was for Fergie," Favre said, "There's no one with a bigger heart than that guy."

Later Sunday night, the team said Ferguson suffered a sprained neck and would remain hospitalized overnight for observation. Sherman said, "Ferguson took a blow to the head and the neck that caused Ferguson to be partially paralyzed for a time."

"I saw Fergie's helmet come off but that in itself," Favre said. "I could not believe he caught that ball. In fact, one of the referees, after the play was stopped and everything was crazy, I said, is the penalty tacked on to the play? And he said, Its incomplete. I said, It sure looked like he caught it to me. He had no clue that ball was caught."

I apologize, I always forget that you guys know so much more than guys who played about what it takes to play in the NFL. Yeah, he's a sissy

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ever since he was clotheslined he has been afraid, it isn't fair talking about what he was before his injury, that's like saying Bart Starr is a great player NOW because he was a great player in the past.

Ever since he was clotheslined, he has been afraid to go through the middle and afraid to attack the ball.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Ever since he was clotheslined he has been afraid, it isn't fair talking about what he was before his injury, that's like saying Bart Starr is a great player NOW because he was a great player in the past.

Ever since he was clotheslined, he has been afraid to go through the middle and afraid to attack the ball.

First of all, I never called Ferguson a great player -- so you analogy is full of it.

It was you, a guy who watches football on TV, who called a young man who was a special team's player star and who held on to the ball on that vicious cheap shot a sissy -- that is the issue we are discussing.

Second, in 2005 he suffered injuries that would have landed almost any other player on the injured reserve early in the season. Doctors had to keep insisting that he get off the field (games and practices) because he was not cleared medically. When he went down in the first Vikings game everyone was convinced he was gone for the season.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BTW: he held on to that pass too.
However, his toughness and dedication drove him to keep working and get back on the field -- because he loves the game and his team.

Question his ability and you would engage me in a discussion of his real assets and liabilities, but to call a guy that Brett Favre says, "There's no one with a bigger heart than that guy..." leads me to retort -- if you want to see a sissy, find a tough guy who doesn't play the game and through the protection of the internet calls a player with this much heart a sissy, and than tell that guy to go look in the mirror -- there you will see your sissy.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm talking about the player he is, not the player he was,
you did know that players develop during their career?

For better or worse..

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
GakkofNorway said:

First of all, I never called Ferguson a great player -- so you analogy is full of it.

It was you, a guy who watches football on TV, who called a young man who was a special team's player star and who held on to the ball on that vicious cheap shot a sissy -- that is the issue we are discussing.

Second, in 2005 he suffered injuries that would have landed almost any other player on the injured reserve early in the season. Doctors had to keep insisting that he get off the field (games and practices) because he was not cleared medically. When he went down in the first Vikings game everyone was convinced he was gone for the season. However, his toughness and dedication drove him to keep working and get back on the field -- because he loves the game and his team.

Question his ability and you would engage me in a discussion of his real assets and liabilities, but to call a guy that Brett Favre says, "There's no one with a bigger heart than that guy..." leads me to retort -- if you want to see a sissy, find a tough guy who doesn't play the game and through the protection of the internet calls a player with this much heart a sissy, and than tell that guy to go look in the mirror.

Gak, I have never seen Fergy afraid to catch anything. He has gone into "dangerous man's land" up the middle numerous times and made some decent plays. He just hasn't worked out as projected, and his salary is high in comparison, but I think it is a little unfair to label the guy a sissy, and Wolf is the one who drafted him---(another one of Wolf's famous 2nd rd picks).

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
The only thing that makes this pick famous is that it is one of the worst picks he made.

If you are referring to Wolf, I might add that Ron has had a history of poor 1st & 2nd rd picks. only until he drafted in the 3rd rd did he begin to make a name for himself as a draft guru. In fact, I think Wolf's entire career has been like that. He really has not impresed me in those rounds. But that's just my opinion.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
The only thing that makes this pick famous is that it is one of the worst picks he made.

What are you trying to act as stupid as you are being bull headed???

Robert Ferguson was not even the worst pick by Wolf in that draft year alone -- does Jamal Reynolds, (10th pick in the draft) who cost the Pack a trade up and a first round choice and produced a grand total of a dozen tackles in his entire career ring a bell for you???

In the same draft two early third round picks produced BHAWOH JUE & TORRANCE MARSHALL

Yeah, Terrell Buckley with the 5th pick in the draft and LB Mark DOnofrio, picked at the top of the 2nd round and never played a down might just qualify as worse picks.

Tackle John Michels ('96) was a complete bust, and it hurts even more when you consider eventual Pro Bowl defensive lineman Tony Brackens was still on the board.

Tackle Ross Verba ('97) was a mulligan selection after the Michels debacle and was a serviceable starter. The Packers couldn't have thought all that highly of him, however, since he was allowed to leave via free agency. Some quality players who were selected soon after Verba that year included linebacker Jamie Sharper and running backs Tiki Barber and Corey Dillon.

Other recent dandy picks by Wolf include Antuan Edwards in the first with the 25th pick & Fred Vinson (another Wolf high pick who never played a down in the NFL) in the 2nd with the 47th pick

Yeah, Robert Ferguson, with 111 catches for 1546 yards, 14.0 average and 11 touchdowns is a sissy and Wolf's worst pick -- well if you are delusional with a low IQ and TBI perhaps.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Fergy is full of fear. He's short armed a bunch of balls. WLUK's Drew did a review on Brett's INT's at some point in the near end of the season and a large majority were because of Fergy pulling his arms in before the ball got there or the ball bouncing off Fergy's hands.

Maybe he was fearless before he got slammed, but to say he's fearless over the middle now is absurd. Well absurd for anyone who watched the Packers and Fergy play last year. I was really pulling for Fergy to come back and prove all the doubters wrong this, unfortunately that didn't happen. Hopefully next year if he's still a Packer.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
GakkofNorway said:

What are you trying to act as stupid as you are being bull headed???

Robert Ferguson was not even the worst pick by Wolf in that draft year alone -- does Jamal Reynolds, (10th pick in the draft) who cost the Pack a trade up and a first round choice and produced a grand total of a dozen tackles in his entire career ring a bell for you???

In the same draft two early third round picks produced BHAWOH JUE & TORRANCE MARSHALL

Yeah, Terrell Buckley with the 5th pick in the draft and LB Mark DOnofrio, picked at the top of the 2nd round and never played a down might just qualify as worse picks.

Tackle John Michels ('96) was a complete bust, and it hurts even more when you consider eventual Pro Bowl defensive lineman Tony Brackens was still on the board.

Tackle Ross Verba ('97) was a mulligan selection after the Michels debacle and was a serviceable starter. The Packers couldn't have thought all that highly of him, however, since he was allowed to leave via free agency. Some quality players who were selected soon after Verba that year included linebacker Jamie Sharper and running backs Tiki Barber and Corey Dillon.

Other recent dandy picks by Wolf include Antuan Edwards in the first with the 25th pick & Fred Vinson (another Wolf high pick who never played a down in the NFL) in the 2nd with the 47th pick

Yeah, Robert Ferguson, with 111 catches for 1546 yards, 14.0 average and 11 touchdowns is a sissy and Wolf's worst pick -- well if you are delusional with a low IQ and TBI perhaps.

Good rundown Bruce, you have restored my faith that some Packer fans still know what the hell is going on out there!

Members online

Latest posts