Rashan Gary Contract

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was looking around at the gary contract. According to spotrac his 2023 cap hit is '$10,892,000'. Am curious what the front office is going to do, this guy is quite possibly the cornerstone of the defense, & the entire defense looks different when he is not out there. Maybe an extension and a restructure to push the bulk of it down the road (again)? Yeah, he had an ACL tear, which probably will factor, but from what I remember, this was a similar situation bahk was in when he signed his contract extension. I'm guessing they are regretting giving bahk that extension. It would really suck to lose this guy, i think alot of teams would offer a lot of money to sign him if he hits the open market.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, He will be on the last year of his rookie deal in 2023.
Maybe look at that contract later in the season when he’s proven he’s fully healed? I agree Gary is a Stud though. A stud coming off a major injury albeit

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That cap hit for a high level edge rusher is actually very acceptable.

D

Deleted member 6794

Was looking around at the gary contract. According to spotrac his 2023 cap hit is '$10,892,000'. Am curious what the front office is going to do, this guy is quite possibly the cornerstone of the defense, & the entire defense looks different when he is not out there. Maybe an extension and a restructure to push the bulk of it down the road (again)? Yeah, he had an ACL tear, which probably will factor, but from what I remember, this was a similar situation bahk was in when he signed his contract extension. I'm guessing they are regretting giving bahk that extension. It would really suck to lose this guy, i think alot of teams would offer a lot of money to sign him if he hits the open market.

Actually Gary will be playing on the fifth year option if the Packers don't extend him before the start of next season. I would definitely be in favor of signing him to an extension this offseason though. First of all his cap hit for 2023 would be reduced, in addition it might be possible to sign him for less money than if he would be healthy at this point.

As a side note, the Packers signed Bakhtiari 1 1/2 months before he tore his ACL.

Members online

Latest posts