1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Vote Aaron Rodgers onto the cover of Madden 12

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Future, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Voted!!

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    While that was actually funny, it is your last bet on beating us in 11, isn't it? That Rodgers somehow gets injuried and doesn't play.

That, and not having a season altogether.

:viksux:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't completely count out the Vikes in 2011. You saw what our offense can do with average QB play. Although at this point not as good a team as the Pack...it's not like they are talentless and hopeless.

4. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    and no...we swept you in 2009 with Rodgers at the helm...and you barely beat us last year in Lambaeu. I want Rodgers in...when Packer fans were booing him and not taking his autograph at training camp...I was a fan of his at California. He's a very good QB.

5. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Glad YOU said it so we didn't have to. "Average" QB

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    I love how you view things. Typical. You sweep us and its a sweep. We sweep you and you almost beat us. Funny because I could say the same thing for both games in 09.

Im going to enjoy my flights to LA to see the Packers and Vikings play, Ill make sure I fly out of Minneapolis just to rub it in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V1W--WllAQ]YouTube - Brett Favre Chokes NFC Championship 2009[/ame]

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Yes, they are because they're aging. And what will give you average QB play, as you say? Tarvaris? Joe Webb? Good luck.

And you know the difference between the Vikings and Packers? You swept us, that was the highlight of your season.

We swept you, and I don't even remembered that we won both games! All I could think about was the NFCC game against the Bears and the Super Bowl that we won...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    So 31-3 at your place when you still had Favre?

Just doesn't count?

Never happened?

Figment of our imagination?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0

No...that was an *** whipping by the Packers on a shell of a Minnesota team.

No argument...never said anything of the contrary....another meatheaded comment.

11. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,405
    today is the last day for round 2

12. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,405
    shell? you had all of your players. we were missing at least 10 by that point.

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    So. Aaron is in the elite 8...
    Anyone fearing the curse?

14. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    My guess is that it'll be Rodgers and Vick in the finals. I worry about his chances of beating Vick, considering the kind of season Vick had. Even though Rodgers is the SB mvp and all..

And no I'm not really worried about the Madden Curse. Our boy deserves this recognition.

15. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Dang Rodgers sweeped Sam Bradford

16. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,405
    dangit. its rodgers vs peyton hillis and vick vs peterson. i hope vick or peterson win it all.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Well if that dang curse really does exist, than I hope it's Vick! Sorry, Aaron, I know you want it but we got to keep you safe!

18. GreenBayGal

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Wood Chipper, I thought you weren't superstitious.?.?.?

19. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Look at it this way. If he win's, then Madden will do a 5-10 minute documentary on Rodgers. If he loses, He won't have the Madden Curse

20. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    If there is a curse and if anyone can break that curse it would be Rodgers. I'd love to see him get the cover and then go on to lead the Pack to another SB win to show everyone else that it is not a curse, but just an excuse for those who fail to perform to standards the following year.

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    You guys do know that there's the very distinct possibility that he has already "won" the "contest", right?
    For marketing purposes, EA has to make a contract with whoever is on the cover.

If they only do the contract after there is a voting, the player gets all the leverage. Can you imagine if he refuses to participate?

So, there's a big chance that all this voting is fake. They don't release the percentage of voting on the site, for everyone, do they?

22. GreenBayGal

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Good point PackersRS. The more I think of it, the more I believe Aaron could successfully put this curse thing to rest. After all, he overcame, maybe not ALL, but ALOT, of odds in 2010 to attain the most coveted prize in football. He would probably flick the so called "curse" off his shoulder like it was Brett Favre looming over his career. *ping*

• Like Like x 1
  23. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    I am not sure if I am going to vote again. If he wins he wins, but I don't want any part of putting him on the cover.

24. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    And the way he handled the transition after BF's "retirement." There's just something special about Rodgers.:viksux::chisux:

• Like Like x 1
  25. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    what could go wrong? its not like there was any fallout the last time a "packer" was on the cover (sarcasm BIG TIME).