Vote Aaron Rodgers onto the cover of Madden 12

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys do know that there's the very distinct possibility that he has already "won" the "contest", right?
For marketing purposes, EA has to make a contract with whoever is on the cover.

If they only do the contract after there is a voting, the player gets all the leverage. Can you imagine if he refuses to participate?

So, there's a big chance that all this voting is fake. They don't release the percentage of voting on the site, for everyone, do they?

I thought I saw florio talking about how Rodgers vs Woodhead (I think) was surprisingly close

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I saw florio talking about how Rodgers vs Woodhead (I think) was surprisingly close
You are right, but that release was out of the blue. They could very well be making those up.

If they showed a real-time counter on the site, it would indicate that it was true. Yet they don't. You only get any info if they so choose to release it. Kinda shady...

IMHO that, combined with what I said about the image contract and putting them in a though spot, is indicative of it being fixed.

The voting is generating a lot of traffic for ESPN's site, and is a very nice promotional tool for Madden. If it's indeed fixed, it's all the positives with none of the negatives!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I favor that embarrassing moment rather than Rodgers breaking his leg week 1. <--Very very superstitious.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
My thinking is he'd get killed by Vick (Just like a dog.... cheap shot? Yeah, you're right.) in the next round anyways. Less embarrassment in that.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I think the promo should include a clip of him strapping on the Title belt. That would probably help get more votes too.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be sure to get out the vote. All news currently states Hillis has a 12-point lead over Rodgers. I haven't found a website that gives current results. Anyone?

Reaction score
I guess it won't matter that Rodgers didn't get on the cover this year... He's still got another 2 or 3 superbowl MPVs in him

HICKS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Madden curse talk is retarded, vote for Aaron Rodgers.

Ahh, the true sign of maturity.

While I'm not terribly superstitious, there is plenty of proof that something unfortunate happens to the cover athlete, and I for one would rather not have Rodgers on the cover, why risk it.

And as ivo said, about 5 people would boycott Madden with Vick on the cover. A ripple in the pond when you look at how many people buy Madden annually.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts