1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Vote Aaron Rodgers onto the cover of Madden 12

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Future, Mar 21, 2011.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Yeah, that's what I was gonna say.

Don't underestimate Packers fans' fear of the Madden Curse.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    I think the other rodgers vs other guys were all pretty close so it wasnt just the Browns fan base that was putting up a good fight.

Ill take the SB over the Madden cover any day.

• Like Like x 2
  3. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    Not fun losing to Hillis or the Browns but Madden is a terrible franchise to begin with and now we don't have to worry about the curse.

4. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Rodgers vs Suh and Bradford were blowouts... 72-28 and 76-24 I believe.

Danny Woodhead only lost 56-44 in the third round.

Must be an obsession over white running backs :)

Don't forget that the Browns have nothing to lose from the "curse." Few Browns fans would believe that they're SB contenders in 2011 and it is much easier replacing a running back than a quarterback.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Yeah putting a player from a bad team on the cover might work in their favor.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    All I can say is this had to be rigged. There is no way a one year player beats a Superbowl MVP. Whatever. Vick will never get a ring anyway so he may as well get this.

7. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I think this is exactly what's happening:
    It's Peyton Hillis vs Michael Vick For The Madden 2012 Cover. Seriously. | April

8. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +487
    Im pretty sure Rodgers will be on the cover anyways... Just sayin...

9. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    I thought this might be rigged after thinking about it for awhile but now there is no doubt in my mind this is rigged (at least for Hillis and Vick). Before this thing started i think Hillis and Vick both went on ESPN and talked about the idea. They went on together and i don't remember any other player coming in to talk about it. ESPN is basically in charge of this whoel thing so there had to be a reason to bring on Vick and Peyton, f***ing Hillis, not MJD Rodgers or any of the other players.

Don't know how this round voting is going to go but I hope for Cleveland's sake Peyton Hillis is bringing his talents to the cover of Madden 12:dirol:

10. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    W/e just a game. He's known everywhere now I mean come on SuperBowl Champ and MVP? He has all the publicity he needs.

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    rigged? doubt it.

Saying it is makes us sound like some bitter fan base. Who cares really.

12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I've been calling it rigged much before Rodgers lost.

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    based on the espn poll being so close right? So would you be shocked if the americas team polls are rigged? Or just the one Rodgers doesnt win?

Frickin ESPN lol

14. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    I thought this before rodgers lost, not sure how it wouldn't be but unless all 32 athletes (or 31 athletes and 1 fan base) were under contract before the voting came out. If they are not under contract before hand, (which I doubt they are; I might be wrong though if i am please tell me) then the winner could holdout Madden for even more money, we all know they need it with the lockout going on right now. Madden will only have one option for the cover, so unless they go back on the voting they will have to negotiate with what is in a sense a monopoly. Like i said i could be wrong i will admit that I did not do my research it just doesn't seem to make sense to me financially.

I think RS already made this point so have to give credit to where it is due.

Edit: RS beat me to it haha

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    so its a stretch to believe that they had a verbal agreement with 31 different players? or even something signed with intent? F*ck, I bet 10 of them are signed with the same agent (Next question). People saying its rigged just makes them look bitter. I think I heard the Vikings fans say the NFL was rigged several times as well.

16. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +116
    I think a lot of Packers fans voted against Rodgers. I saw Packers fans on Facebook celebrating after Rodgers lost. Afraid of the whole "Madden curse," I guess. The last time a Packers QB was on the cover of Madden, it was a pretty crappy season for us, so I guess it's okay that he lost.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109

If this is the case then they seriously need to get a life. We had the curse with 15 guys on IR this year and 2 concussions for Rodgers and guess what happened?

18. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I've already stated why, and, yes, it has a lot to do with the innability to have an agreement with 31 players (verbal agreement, ha), as well as with the fact that noone could verify the current standings in their poll, only through releases that they themselves made public at will.

You don't agree with it, clearly, but it has nothing to do with bitterness, as I've raised that possibility way before Rodgers losing, and it has nothing to do with how close the polls were.

Don't put words in my mouth.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I seen where Rodgers lost, and I don't doubt it was some of our own fans voting against him, which is sad.

Here is the opportunity for him to be graced on the cover of Madden FOREVER. Yet we are still arguing about the Pittsburgh critics over the Super Bowl. No one can ever take away the Lombardi trophy, nothing can EVER take away the Super MVP Rodgers holds, and as far as the curse, read up on all the "cursed" players, and tell me it just happened out of the blue for every single one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Care to show me where I "put words" in your mouth?

21. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Im just glad Rodgers didnt win

22. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Reasons why
    1. It's not like each person has one vote. People vote repeatedly or bots could be set up. It's no more a true vote than any other fan vote (pro-bowl, American Idol, DWTS).

2. Lots of personal hatred out there doing campaigns of their own besides Cleveland. For instance most Viking fans hate Rodgers, all Favre worshippers hate Rodgers passionately enough to sit in their basement all day deleting cookies and revoting. Just to mention a couple.

3. Lots of dislike generated after a SB win. Not only from Pittsburgh, but even people who like Rodgers get tired of hearing about that person over and over................

4. Underdog factor. America loves an underdog.

5. No one hates Cleveland enough to set up anti-Cleveland campaigns. They are a non factor. In fact, I cheer for them all the time when they're not playing GB because I feel bad for the fans and the decent players stuck there. Detroit is another story, because they're in our division.

6. The curse. I voted for Rodgers repeatedly, but I've got to admit I felt a chill go down my spine every time. But I figure if Vick isn't afraid after breaking his leg immediately and missing 6 or 8 games, and then a couple years later getting sent to prison, why should I worry?

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    ok guess not

24. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    Why is it sad? its just the damn cover of a game which carries a curse. THANK GOD rodgers didnt get on the cover...guess what?! HE WON THE SUPERBOWL. how is being on the cover of a game a greater accomplishment?! For crying out loud, if you wish another concussion for rodgers then i can see why you are upset, but we dont need it. We should only care about trophies...i dont turn on the tv to watch someone playing the packers on ps3...i turn on the tv to watch the actual players play the game of REAL FOOTBALL which belongs to America's team...the GREEN BAY MUTHERFUCKIN PACKERS! GO Pack GO!

For all those just interested in video games, go F yourself!

25. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I don't think any of us are "just interested in video games", but some of us wanted to see Aaron on the cover.

There's no reason he couldn't be Super Bowl MVP AND Madden cover guy, like you seem to think.