1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage Favre

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by c_mac, Jan 24, 2010.

1. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    The classic, game-ending INT. They used to being me such sorrow, I had no idea they could bring me such joy!

:viksux:

Oh, and to hauschild - **** YOU!

2. Sunshine885500

Sunshine885500 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Sorry to see Farve go out like that, but we've seen it over and over again!

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    As I said in another thread, and thanks to Zepellinelite for realizing that, it ain't over till Favre throws and INT.

In every club he's ever played, his last pass was an int!

Talk about legacy!!!!!!

4. packer_backer

packer_backer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    his int didnt cost them the game.

5. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    The only road team to win an NFC CG was the Giants w/ a Favre INT. And werd to being able to be this happy about a Favre heartbreaker INT lol

6. ibleedgreen

ibleedgreen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Na, it just cost the Vikings a chance to win the game. Which might technically be considered losing the game.

7. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    I'd say 99.1% chance it did!

They were in FG range. He didnt need to throw it.

If he wanted a 1st down so bad he was much more likely to get it running the ball. Stupid play on his part.

He cost the vikings the game when they were in position to win it.

The situation was entirely different on all the other miscues the vikings had. There was time to play.

:viksux:

8. Zeppelinelite51

Zeppelinelite51 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

lol when he threw it I instantly started calling Queens fans up letting them know hahaha

9. packer_backer

packer_backer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

they werent in fg range. they were before the 12 man penalty. it forced them to have to make a play. longwells leg isnt very strong. 58 yards is pushing it.

10. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    So why not try to run the ball for a good 5 yards or so then kick a field goal. Even if you miss clock expires and you head to overtime. OR Favre can just as easily run for a good 7-8 yards, slide and then they kick FG to win. Throwing the pass was just a bad decision by Favre!

11. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Longwells longest this year was either 52 or 54 yards. His longest all time is 56. All that self serving ******* had to do was pick up was a few yards with his feet. Something he could have done easily.

He cost them the game from his bad decision.

No doubt about it!

12. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    It was 56. I just saw it on NFL Network. They had a fancy graphic on the screen and everything.

Sooo, if Favre pulls it down and runs for 3 or 4, it's makeable. Certainly not automatic, but it's in range.

Or maybe Favre throws it away and Longwell pulls a 56 yarder out of his ***. Who knows? The worst option on that play was what he did.

13. Ted's Zombie Army

Ted's Zombie Army Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    No doubt that Favre didn't have to throw it. He had room to run for the first down. But Mr. Do-It-All had to do it all himself with another cross-body throw on the run into coverage. It's on him.