1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Vikings

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Strigs, May 4, 2008.

1. Strigs

Strigs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on another site and one crazed Vikes fan said, "...Ya, we could easily win 11-12 games..." Wow,when did their egos blow up? Apparently they think JDB or TJack is gonna step up, but Tjack never showed he has the leadership skills, nonetheless, quarterback skills. JDB is a scrub 4th rounder, really can he do that much damage?

Discuss, because clearly I am lost.

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    fans will be fans.

we have packer fans that predict 16-0...every year. (Obi1)

i just hope Tavaris keeps sucking. it's really hard to be competitive without a decent QB. thats pretty much the NFL law.

3. Strigs

Strigs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL! 16-0 is pretty hopeful, and very possibly impossible. And Tjack keep on sucking! :D

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I guess that makes the Bears "law breakers" 2 years ago! :lol:
    They made it to the SB DESPITE their QB "Wrecks".

5. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They do have a lot of talent on that team. They are the closest in our division to being at our level and could be NFC North champ contenders. Their big problem is their QB position and that's where our question mark is. If AR turns out to be a dud instead of a stud and TJ figures out how to be a QB then who knows.

6. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah there are always exceptions...Dilfer, Williams, Eli Manning ;)

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    True....how VERY true.
    It's sad that Dilfer has as many super bowl rings as Brett Favre.
    It just doesn't seem right.

8. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah but Dilfer's probably has a disclaimer on it. (something like "You know you don't deserve this.") lol

9. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They have questions at WR as well as QB. If everything breaks right for them, they could be good, so I can't blame their fans for being optimistic. But I see them as more likely to be an 8-9 win team.

10. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's true. WR at this point are a ? and seem usless to the Vikes unless TJ gets his act together.

11. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Every fan, regardless of their team, is poised to take the division crown in May. If they aren't, well, then they are not very good fans, now are they. ;)

As a Vikings fan, I think 11 or 12 wins is possible but improbable. I think 9 or 10 wins is more likely.

I also think that the Vikings will be challenging the Pack for the NFC north title. The Vikings have talent at every position, with QB being the only question mark. I disagree with the WRs being a question, I think Berrian and Rice will do very well on the outside, and Wade is a great slot. The big unknown is QB.

The Pack, on the other hand, are very similar ot the Vikes. Rodgers is also a question mark, although I think the smart bet would be that he does better than TJack this year. But the Vikings have the edge in defense and running gmae, and so it makes the two teams very much equal IMHO.

12. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don Shula once said, "Luck means a lot in the NFL. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck."

Guess the Vikings are running haevy with bad luck. :lol:

13. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Beware the power of karma. I would hate for Aaron Rodgers to turn out to be a dud after all of the fun had at the expense of the Vikings QB corps the past couple of years. ;)

14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My prediction - the Vikings get 8 or 9 wins.
    They're a team on the up. In '09, they may be even better.

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    NodakPaul says in his siggy: "There's the snap, Rodgers drops back - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! Rodger's first snap as Green Bay's starter turns into Allen's first sack as a Viking! Welcome to the starting spot Aaron Rodgers!"
    -- Paul Allen, September 8th, 2008
    I just feel the need to finish it:
    "So the Packers have second and 18, at their own 17 yard line. Rodgers takes the snap.....goes back......heaves it down field to a wide open Greg Jennings who runs past Darren Sharper like he was standing still! Jennings catches it and outruns the Viking D for a 83 yard touchdown! And there's your dagger!!!"
    --Wayne Larivee, September 8th, 2008

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :lol:

BTW, have that picture of Driver running for a TD with Sharper having a "I really have to go number two" face trying to catch him up in my office.

17. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    LOL well done! Just like Wayne would say it. 8) Wayne and Larry = awesomeness. 8)

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :lol: Thanks!
    I thought it would be fitting. :wink:
    Now lets hope the whole thing comes true!
    (If it does, i'm gonna rub in in to Nodak!) :lol:

19. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL. Well played Cheesey... :D

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Paul! :D
    I'm glad to see you have a good sense of humor about it! My comments were just made in jest! I just couldn't resist adding my :twocents: (Not that my comments are worth that much! :wink: )

21. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trying to look objectively the Vikings are likely a 9-11 win team. They are solid almost everywhere on defense, but old at DT, S. Do not think they have quality depth at most positions. The Allen Pick up was big, as this was the weakest link on the defense. On offense they have issues at RT(at least for the first 4 games), TE and QB. I also think that while their WR's are improved they do not have a legitimate # 1 and really tail off after their top 3.

22. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We are no longer old at S. We picked up Madieu Williams, who will be starting opposite Sharper, and drafter Johnson, who is Sharper's eventual replacement. Same with DT - Kevin Williams is hardly old, and we have depth behind Pat Williams.

On offense, I agree with pretty much everything you said.

23. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Even though I like making fun of Sharper, he does something I wish Nick Collins would do - hold on to the ***** ball. INTs really make a HUGE difference, and he has 17 in the past 3 years.

24. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Tell em what he's won Johnny!!!!

25. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    could not have said it any better :mrgreen: