Vikings coming to Lambeau

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
This current Vikings team is dog dung. If we lose to them, frankly, we deserve to miss the playoffs, Rodgers or no Rodgers. Eh, not to be Debbie Downer, but I pretty much said back in February that this would be the Seahawks' year. I've witnessed continuous improvement with them, especially on defense. If they get home-field throughout, they are not losing in Seattle. Not this year. I think they're destined, hate to say it.
Well, the Vikings are scoring more point per game this year than last year. The problem is the defense is giving up more points. Now some of those are coming off of turnovers from the offense. But, all in all he offense is about the same as last year in scoring.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Vikings are scoring more point per game this year than last year. The problem is the defense is giving up more points. Now some of those are coming off of turnovers from the offense. But, all in all he offense is about the same as last year in scoring.
Are we both in the same boat not having any expectations for our respective teams?
Who is your pick for Sunday?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Are we both in the same boat not having any expectations for our respective teams?
Who is your pick for Sunday?
I would say the Packers. I have full faith in my defense to make Tolzien look like a HOF QB. We have so many injuries in the backfield, and those that are not injured are not playing well. Losing Smith hurt.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Eh, if I were a Vikings fan, I'd probably just as soon hope they'd lose out. I will never, ever openly cheer for any of my favorite teams to lose games. But ... I've finally reached this point with the Milwaukee Bucks. Seriously. Just stealth tank everything. There comes a point in time when it's just better in the long run for a team to lose games. I'd argue that for the Vikings right now, that's probably a better scenario.

It's the same thing with the Bucks. I still have no clue why I love that damn team so much, but ... I just do. Jack f'ing Sikma. Terry Cummings. Sir Sidney Moncrief. Paul Pressey. Johnny Cocaine Lucas. Paul Ugliest Man Alive Mokeski. Craig Hodges. Randy Breuer. I grew up watching those teams and listening on WTMJ ... in ILLINOIS and I'm still a Bucks fan. It's time to cut the crap and just tank everything. I'd argue that the same goes for the Vikings right now. Just tank it. This is a situation where winning does not do one bit of good. Again - as a true fan, I hate the tank mentality - it's bogus. But ... reality is reality.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I think we will win. It will probably be ugly. But, right now, ugly is ok.

20-17 Packers. Come from behind victory. I probably won't watch it as I will be in the gym working out. Trying to get my body fat down to 7%...
I literally snorted at this!...thankfully I wasn't in mid-drink!!!!:roflmao:

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Eh, if I were a Vikings fan, I'd probably just as soon hope they'd lose out. I will never, ever openly cheer for any of my favorite teams to lose games. But ... I've finally reached this point with the Milwaukee Bucks. Seriously. Just stealth tank everything. There comes a point in time when it's just better in the long run for a team to lose games. I'd argue that for the Vikings right now, that's probably a better scenario.

It's the same thing with the Bucks. I still have no clue why I love that damn team so much, but ... I just do. Jack f'ing Sikma. Terry Cummings. Sir Sidney Moncrief. Paul Pressey. Johnny Cocaine Lucas. Paul Ugliest Man Alive Mokeski. Craig Hodges. Randy Breuer. I grew up watching those teams and listening on WTMJ ... in ILLINOIS and I'm still a Bucks fan. It's time to cut the crap and just tank everything. I'd argue that the same goes for the Vikings right now. Just tank it. This is a situation where winning does not do one bit of good. Again - as a true fan, I hate the tank mentality - it's bogus. But ... reality is reality.
Part of me wants to see them win, and part wants that first or second pick in the draft. I think if they are in either spot they have a good shot at a decent QB. But who knows, maybe these guys are all busts.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there is an opponent the Packers should be able to beat during this Rodgers-less stretch it's this one at home. However, it will be a huge salve to a miserable season for the Queenies to come in and win in Lambeau for the first time since '09 and essentially cancel the Packers' playoff ticket. Of course, they aren't playing the "real Packers." They got the real Pack in Minneapolis a month ago and we all remember what happened then.

This one will be like a preseason game in which one team plays its regulars and the other puts its second and third stringers out there.

If the Queens give us Freeman or Ponder the Packers have better chances to win. But watch out if they get smart and give Cassel the start. He does display flashes of effectiveness against bad defense.

Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings have the better special teams and running back. That's what it's going to come down to because i don't see alot of point's being scored. Maybe a big return from Patterson or a big day for AP is almost guaranteed with the way the defense and special teams look, and I'd take Walsh over Crosby in a kicking dual in a heart beat. If AP is allowed to run wild in our secondary sore groin or not they win.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Someone mentioned a "come from behind Packer victory". When was the last time the Packers actually came from behind to win a game in the 4th quarter (post Favre) ? Seems like the games we win, we have a big lead and then hang on to win. The only stat I could find shows Aaron has 5 4th quarter comebacks in his 6+ years.

With Tolzien at QB on Sunday, I don't think we have a come from behind in us....so we better jump out to a big lead and let our defense get "Capers extra marshmallow soft" for the hang on to your seats victory!

Prediction: Packers 24-23....Queens score a touchdown on final play of game, but decide to go for 2 to win it, Jennings is wide open in the end zone but can't catch the perfectly thrown ball because he has too many tears streaming down his eyes as he sings "why can't we be friends" and longingly looks at AR on the Packer sidelines.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Mr. 3rd string backup - INT machine throws 2 picks to even a depleted Minn defense. We continue the trend of missing #12 and give the vikequeens a gift. Our only bright spot is Lacy cracking off 100+. Crosby will miss at least one FG.

Vikes - 20

Pack - 13

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mr. 3rd string backup - INT machine throws 2 picks to even a depleted Minn defense. We continue the trend of missing #12 and give the vikequeens a gift. Our only bright spot is Lacy cracking off 100+. Crosby will miss at least one FG.

Vikes - 20

Pack - 13
Yeah, there ya go.
Expect the Vikes to win and it would be a nice surprise if the Packers do instead.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your optimism but the last two games made me lose confidence in this bunch. 20-16 Queens.
c'mon rodell--the Vikes are in greater disarray than we are. And their fans are pleading for the team to lose the rest of their games to get a higher draft pick. We win going away.... The real worry is Thanksgiving in Detroit. I don't see us winning that without Rogers; and that will keep us out of the playoffs.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Vikes - 20

Pack - 13
For a moment there I thought you were talking about Ponder, then you mentioned the Vikings defense.......:)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Mafia's coaching tips (you are welcome Mike):
Offensively

Keep it simple for Tolzien. Practice only a dozen pass plays – each should have a few deviations based on the defense presented.

Each play has a pre-called audible based on the defense that Tolzien can change with 1 word.

Balance the attack a bit more. 55% rushes; 15% screens; 15% short quick passes; 10% deep usually coming off a play-action or a fake quick slant; anything midrange is a checkdown 5%. We can’t allow them to crowd the LOS with 8 guys.

Use multi TE sets. Have them help block or chipping and going out for quick out or slant routes.

Adapt quickly to any game trend you see.

Defensively

Tackle

Cover the middle of the field

----------------------------------

Pack 23
Vikes 17

Defense plays well. Tolzien limits his mistakes.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
The Mafia's coaching tips (you are welcome Mike):
Offensively

Keep it simple for Tolzien. Practice only a dozen pass plays – each should have a few deviations based on the defense presented.

Each play has a pre-called audible based on the defense that Tolzien can change with 1 word.

Balance the attack a bit more. 55% rushes; 15% screens; 15% short quick passes; 10% deep usually coming off a play-action or a fake quick slant; anything midrange is a checkdown 5%. We can’t allow them to crowd the LOS with 8 guys.

Use multi TE sets. Have them help block or chipping and going out for quick out or slant routes.

Adapt quickly to any game trend you see.

Defensively

Tackle

----------------------------------

Pack 23
Vikes 17

Defense plays well. Tolzien limits his mistakes.

here's hoping MM's incognito user name on this board wasn't Spanish Rose.... :cautious:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Defensively

Yikes, A.M. --- I'd probably feel like I entered an alternate and parallel universe if were watching the Pack's defense and wasn't complaining about the assured 3rd and 12 conversion right down the fricken middle. My son just cuts me off with "Don't even bother saying it, Dad."

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here's hoping MM's incognito user name on this board wasn't Spanish Rose.... :cautious:
I can just see him at his computer in his office now...

Gee. I really should get to practice. I guess.
Ok just one more post to make and then I'll go.
(Does the post.)
Now let's see what this guy thinks of me starting Tolzien over Flynn.
And then I'll go to practice.
Etc.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I found my mean jeans. I hope this scene is repeated all over Viking land:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Go Pack Go !!!!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I found my mean jeans. I hope this scene is repeated all over Viking land:

Fancy lying to a child, "Maybe the Vikings will win the next one ?", that is just child cruelty :mad:

Members online

Latest posts