Upcoming Free Agents

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Who do we pay, who do we lose to other teams offering monster contracts, who do we let walk? I know many factors are involved here, but there are some big names on the board. Including our entire secondary with the exception of this years rookies.
-Davante Adams (2018)
- Jahri Evans (2018)
- Corey Lindsey (2018)
-Morgan Burnette (2018)
-Davon House (2018)
- Haha (2019)
- Kentrall Brice (2019)
- Marwin Evans (2019)
-josh Hawkins (2019)
- CM3 (2019)
-Jordy Nelson (2019)
- Randall Cobb (2019)
-ty Montgomery (2019)
-Lance Kendricks (2019)

D

Deleted member 6794

Who do we pay, who do we lose to other teams offering monster contracts, who do we let walk? I know many factors are involved here, but there are some big names on the board. Including our entire secondary with the exception of this years rookies.
-Davante Adams (2018)
- Jahri Evans (2018)
- Corey Lindsey (2018)
-Morgan Burnette (2018)
-Davon House (2018)
- Haha (2019)
- Kentrall Brice (2019)
- Marwin Evans (2019)
-josh Hawkins (2019)
- CM3 (2019)
-Jordy Nelson (2019)
- Randall Cobb (2019)
-ty Montgomery (2019)
-Lance Kendricks (2019)

In my opinion it's too early to evaluate the future of players headed toward free agency in 2019. Adams and Burnett should be re-signed before the start of free agency with Linsley having to improve his play this season to earn a decent contract. The jury's still out on House as well. I expect the Packers to let Evans walk away after the 2017 season.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but have a feeling we’re going to lose Davante. He’s getting more and more expensive each week, and usually the Packers try to work out those team friendlyish deals, so him and his agent know he can probably get more money on the open market.

If we want to keep him, we’re going to have to pay him a lot of money. And it might be worth it. Him and AR12 have been developing some SCARY chemistry.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hate to say it, but have a feeling we’re going to lose Davante. He’s getting more and more expensive each week, and usually the Packers try to work out those team friendlyish deals, so him and his agent know he can probably get more money on the open market.

If we want to keep him, we’re going to have to pay him a lot of money. And it might be worth it. Him and AR12 have been developing some SCARY chemistry.

With Nelson getting up there in age and Cobb mostly being a slot receiver I fully expect the Packers to re-sign Adams. It's going to cost a lot of money to get it done though.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Focusing primarily on the 2018 guys, Adams is the must-sign player as far as I'm concerned.

Linsley is the next nearest to that category after Adams. He isn't a world beater, but center is a position where experience and familiarity are important. Allowing him to walk would mean starting a rookie or trying to find a FA fill-in (of which there aren't many in the 2018 class).

I really like what Burnett brings to the defense, but I can see letting him walk given his age and the mileage on his body at that position. I believe drafting Jones was intended to set them up to lose Burnett if need be. That doesn't mean they must move on, but they don't need to overpay in terms of $ or years.

As far as House and Evans go, I think you just play it be ear and see what's out there for them. Either, especially Evans, would be nice to have back as veteran insurance to help bridge the gap to a younger replacement.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

The Packers almost always keep good players on 2nd contracts. I'd be really surprised if they let Adams get away.

D

Deleted member 6794

Linsley is the next nearest to that category after Adams. He isn't a world beater, but center is a position where experience and familiarity are important. Allowing him to walk would mean starting a rookie or trying to find a FA fill-in (of which there aren't many in the 2018 class).

While it's true that experience and familiarity are important for a center the Packers shouldn't overpay to retain Linsley. The team has to consider that it did fine with starting him as a rookie.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I hope this is the case brah. Look at this....

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde/status/917535683924955137[/TWEET]

I'd encourage to go back and look at the draft classes since Thompson took over and see how many good players didn't get a 2nd deal with GB. It's a pretty short list.

With Nelson and Cobb coming off the books after 2019, at the latest, they can allocate a good bit of cap space towards Adams for the future.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams should be default. No way we can lose him at this time.

We should potentially restructure Nelson's contract. He'll be 35 when his contract expires. Maybe a 2 year (or even a 1 year) deal at max.

Unless he has a stellar season, Cobb will also get restructured in 2019 for lot less.

D

Deleted member 6794

We should potentially restructure Nelson's contract. He'll be 35 when his contract expires. Maybe a 2 year (or even a 1 year) deal at max.

Unless he has a stellar season, Cobb will also get restructured in 2019 for lot less.

Thompson hasn't been keen on restructuring veteran contracts in the past though.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really that list can only be dropped to a few names. Adams, Linsley, HaHa and possibly 1 or 2 of Evans, Brices, Hawkins) which will in turn make the decision on Morgan. Father time will probably make the decisions for the Packers on Nelson and CM3. I don't see the Packers paying Montgomery and neither of the 1 year guys look like they would necessitate a huge contract that would put the Packers feet to the fire.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so...forget the 19s and go with the 18s you mentioned...

Davante Adams (2018) : do something before this season even ends. like...next week lol. don't even let it get to FA period.
Jahri Evans (2018) : let him go and see what happens during the FA period
Corey Linsley (2018) : resign him
Morgan Burnette (2018) : resign him
Davon House (2018) : let him go and see what happens during the FA period

Members online

Latest posts