UDFA Signing Tracker

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgUArxGnWjY&feature=related]‪Utah vs UNLV - Punt Return - Touchdown‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are just not enough roster spots for this amount of talent. TT can get more talent from UDFA signings than some teams may get in the actual draft. I wonder how the worst team draft of 2010 stacks up against the guys TT signed after it was over.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I like WR - Tori Gurley (So Cal). Big guy with sure hands-- zero drops last year! Very physical and has excellent YAC. Another TT steal???

Should he actually make the roster, imagine being the DC faced with this potential matchup-horror:

WR: Driver, 6'0", 194 lbs
WR: Jennings, 5'11", 198 lbs
WR: Gurley 6'5", 230 lbs
TE: Finley, 6'5", 247 lbs
TE: Quarless, 6'4", 252 lbs

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Jersey Al's website lists 9 UDFA signings by the Packers with some info on each:

Tori Gurley (WR, South Carolina)
Shaky Smithson (KR, Utah)
Sampson Genus (OC, South Florida)
Anthony Bratton (S, Delaware)
Jamari Lattimore (LB, Middle Tenn State)
Vic So’oto (DE, BYU)
M.D. Jennings (S, Arkasnsas State)
Diondre Borel (QB, Utah State)
Theo Sherman (OL, James Madison)

He cautions that they aren't official though.

BTW, PFanCan: Nelson is 6'3" if you're looking for "tall" matchups.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see the Packers keeping two rookie wide receivers on their 53-man roster unless one of them really impresses, they go with 6, or someone is injured in the preseason.

Jennings-Nelson-Driver-Cobb with James Jones and Brett Swain leftover. Jones will probably be let go. Swain still has experience in the system and has value as a special teams player. Don't forget that Jermichael Finley will probably be used in 4-5 WR sets.

I'd guess that someone will make the practice squad.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
scott tolzien is going to the chargers in case anyone was wondering.

Graham has to feel good about the packers not picking up a QB yet

PFanCan

Reaction score
Yes, with Nelson in place of Driver, we would have a proper basketball team. Can't believe I overlooked him.

And, I agree that the most likely optimistic outcome for Gurley is the PS, but I don't think it would be a huge stretch to imagine him beating out Swain for a roster spot.

Does anyone think Swain has much upside from what we've seen thus far?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long has Swain been on the team now?

As I remember correctly, either in the SB or the NFC champ game, Swain was killing it on special teams. Making really big hits.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the list that JS Online has right now:

• South Carolina WR Tori Gurley
  • Delaware S Anthony Bratton
  • Utah WR Shaky Smithson
  • Ohio State RB Brandon Saine
  • Arizona State WR Kerry Taylor
  • Middle Tennessee OLB Jamari Lattimore
  • South Florida C Sampson Genus
  • Arkansas G Ray Dominguez
  • Youngstown St. CB Brandian Ross
  • Temple LB Eli Joseph
  • Temple NT Peanut Joseph
  • Arkansas State CB M.D. Jennings
  • Minnesota FB Jon Hoese
I like the addition of Brandon Saine. I'll take a 220 lb running back who runs a 4.43 forty. It's pretty much inevitable that we'll have some RB injuries, and he should be a pretty good option coming off the practice squad.

VBJunkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are just not enough roster spots for this amount of talent. TT can get more talent from UDFA signings than some teams may get in the actual draft. I wonder how the worst team draft of 2010 stacks up against the guys TT signed after it was over.

I think TT's/Packers UDFA approach is starting to really reap dividends. The the Packers organization, UDFA probably understand that they have a chance to make the team or practice squad despite being undrafted.
  • Tramon Williams* is now a well paid pro bowl cornerback.
  • Spencer Havner* has seen playing time.
  • Tom Crabtree* sees playing time.
  • Frank Zombo comes in and starts in several games.
  • Graham Harrell comes in and is willing to sit on the PS because he wants to go to QB University.
  • Robert Francois
  • Tim Mastay* is now a starter.
  • Sam Sheilds comes to be a return man and ends up at a 'starter' position.
  • Anyone I'm missing?
*Technically not initially signed as a Packer UDFA. But got their chance to shine here from nothing.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
That's what I love about being a Packer fan these days. Did anybody ever really watch the UDFA pickings years ago? Now we all pour through them wondering which one will be the next TT gem. lol.
BTW, has anybody seen if anybody picked up Jay Valai? I doubt anybody would, just wondering.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They all look promising. Sucks some of them won't make the team since spots are tough to get.

PFanCan

Reaction score
That's what I love about being a Packer fan these days. Did anybody ever really watch the UDFA pickings years ago? Now we all pour through them wondering which one will be the next TT gem. lol.

My thoughts exactly, DevilD! I FULLY expect at least one of these UDFA players to shine this year.

TT is spoiling us.