1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ty Law

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by paxvogel, Jun 17, 2005.

1. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Should we consider him? They say he is running well although has not proven he can make the cuts yet. I don't think he will get a fortune and an experienced corner couldn't hurt. I am very concerned we have done little to help our defense.

2. kemosabe

kemosabe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Forget Ty Law.

3. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Has the same stink as the Joe Johnson scenario. He may play again, but his greatness is his past now....IMHO.

4. swartzcatz

swartzcatz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No more problem children PLEASE!!!!

5. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Paxvogel- Ty Law as, the other posters on this topic have indicated will not be here in Green Bay. Green Bay Roster for training camp is nearly complete. There may be a "little tinkering" done with it, if somebody of interest becomes available at salary cap friendly cost. Green Bay organization is a "little gun shy" of older players with a high salary after Joe Johnson and Harley Nikkerson experience of a few years ago. I don't think Ted Thompson will go in that direction again.

6. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    Has Green Bay been granted another $5 mill in cap room from the NFL?

7. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm a Ty Law fan. I think the guy can still play and if you could get him for the right money he would be a temporary fix. He's not a long term investment guy, but if you could get a year or two out of him, your team is now better.

8. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If we can afford it and he can help us I'm all for it. But I would want to be very sure of the foot and his head. Didn't he do something a while back that displayed an "above the law" attitude?

9. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    nah...all signs so far point to 2005 being an evaluating season, we're gonna evaluate what we have, not get ourselves screwed against the cap, and i dont want ty law given his injury/attitude problems something's gotta go wrong.

the only move i wish we made was to sign a defensive player for depth purposes. I'm worried about defensive tackle more than DB, if grady goes down, we're in trouble, i wish we'd sign a small-name, small-contract free agent, prefereably Jermaine Haley, someone who can stop the run, and start if need be

10. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe there will be some team cutting players that will be available later. I'm still gonna push for Ty Law however. Again you're not talking long term commitment here, but I'd take this guy in a milisecond if he would come here for the right price. Just as I believe a quality defensive line make a weak secondary look good. I also believe a good secondary makes a week d-line look good.