Ty Law

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we consider him? They say he is running well although has not proven he can make the cuts yet. I don't think he will get a fortune and an experienced corner couldn't hurt. I am very concerned we have done little to help our defense.

kemosabe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Should we consider him? They say he is running well although has not proven he can make the cuts yet. I don't think he will get a fortune and an experienced corner couldn't hurt. I am very concerned we have done little to help our defense.

Forget Ty Law.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has the same stink as the Joe Johnson scenario. He may play again, but his greatness is his past now....IMHO.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Paxvogel- Ty Law as, the other posters on this topic have indicated will not be here in Green Bay. Green Bay Roster for training camp is nearly complete. There may be a "little tinkering" done with it, if somebody of interest becomes available at salary cap friendly cost. Green Bay organization is a "little gun shy" of older players with a high salary after Joe Johnson and Harley Nikkerson experience of a few years ago. I don't think Ted Thompson will go in that direction again.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Ty Law fan. I think the guy can still play and if you could get him for the right money he would be a temporary fix. He's not a long term investment guy, but if you could get a year or two out of him, your team is now better.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can afford it and he can help us I'm all for it. But I would want to be very sure of the foot and his head. Didn't he do something a while back that displayed an "above the law" attitude?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nah...all signs so far point to 2005 being an evaluating season, we're gonna evaluate what we have, not get ourselves screwed against the cap, and i dont want ty law given his injury/attitude problems something's gotta go wrong.

the only move i wish we made was to sign a defensive player for depth purposes. I'm worried about defensive tackle more than DB, if grady goes down, we're in trouble, i wish we'd sign a small-name, small-contract free agent, prefereably Jermaine Haley, someone who can stop the run, and start if need be

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe there will be some team cutting players that will be available later. I'm still gonna push for Ty Law however. Again you're not talking long term commitment here, but I'd take this guy in a milisecond if he would come here for the right price. Just as I believe a quality defensive line make a weak secondary look good. I also believe a good secondary makes a week d-line look good.

Members online

Latest posts