Turner

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we talked about this a lot in the off season but im a bit sick of talking about the game yesterday so turner still anit signed a contract extension so is it worth going for him next season when he is a free agent

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would be a great fit for us. I think when he's a free agent we should really make a big push for him. Julius Jones is a free agent as well but I much rather have Turner. He's like a bowling ball when he runs.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Isn't Turner out with a serious injury now?

Nope just a nagging injury type thing...

I thought Turner DID sign an extension?

Nope, he only signed the one year restricted tender... he will sign a mega bucks deal this offseason... not LT money but good money no matter.

04/30/07 - Re-sign restricted free agent running back Michael Turner to a one-year contract. Chargers transactions

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
While watching the game, I heard that if a team wanted turner, they would have to give up a first and a third round pick. So if that's the case, NO WAY!

You really can't put a whole lotta blame on Jackson. The offensive line SUCKED sunday, and there's not much a back could have done with that kind of play.

Pack93z

Reaction score
While watching the game, I heard that if a team wanted turner, they would have to give up a first and a third round pick. So if that's the case, NO WAY!

You really can't put a whole lotta blame on Jackson. The offensive line SUCKED sunday, and there's not much a back could have done with that kind of play.

Come this offseason... Burner is unrestricted... so no draft picks needed.. but as far as this past offseason.. yes that was too steep.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bumped for more opinion

In my opinion, a running game is all about the offensive line. Look at the Broncos zone blocking scheme. How many countless "outstanding backs" have they had there in the last 15 years.

Turner will help for sure as he would be an upgrade, but not nearly as much as a couple of good offensive lineman. Once we learn start investing in the O-line(and im not talking about 3rd & 5th round draft picks), we will be able to run better. Brett will have more time to throw, receivers will have more time to get open. You're only as strong as your weakest link.

Reaction score
bumped for more opinion

I think it is too early to have a say either way.

We can't really know at this point whether the running game struggles were do to B-Jack or the o-line.

In time, if we find out they were due to B-Jack, then going after Turner should be looked at seriously.

In time, if we find out the struggles were due to the o-line, we could have LT and it wouldn't make a big difference.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets hope TT is ready to take a shot at Turner in the offseason. Maybe thats what he is going to with all the cash laying around?

Its either him or Corey Dillon...yikes!

Pack93z

Reaction score
Lets hope TT is ready to take a shot at Turner in the offseason. Maybe thats what he is going to with all the cash laying around?

Its either him or Corey Dillon...yikes!

I hope that is doesn't come down to that.. hopefully Bjack and maybe Wynn show this year that they are the backs of the future.. if they don't then Turner or free agency can be plan B. Or maybe the draft..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still thinks it's too early to push the panic button.
How many here remember when Ahman "butter fingers" Green got here? People were hollering how much he sucked cause he fumbled. It took some time, but he turned out to be a great RB in his prime.
I didn't like the fumbles either, but i felt he deserved to prove himself. ONE game is hardly fair to judge the o-line or our RB's on. Lets see what happens this week and then see if it hasn't improved.
JMO of course.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Why would you think that?

Because we only played 1 game and won it?

Insanity.

Only problem with that type of thinking is that if we lose next week its, "well, its only one loss"

If we miss the playoffs its, "well, we're a young team and overacheived"

If we make the playoffs and dont advance its, "well, at least we have cap space"

It is the responsibility of management to spend the cap money we have available. That does not mean sign 3 guys to long term deals that will take all our cap space forever. But they are "smart people" and should be able to use the available cap space to help our team in areas of need while structuring the deals so that we have cap space next year.

Jesus, look at New England, that team was loaded last year with players. They managed to get Moss, Stallworth, Welker & Adalius Thomas.

Who was our major pickup??? Thats right, we didnt have one. I think if we could be "smart" like New England, we could figure a way to get guys like new england did. We would be serious superbowl contenders if we had an offseason like they just did.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
cheesey said:

Why would you think that?

Because we only played 1 game and won it?

Insanity.

Only problem with that type of thinking is that if we lose next week its, "well, its only one loss"

If we miss the playoffs its, "well, we're a young team and overacheived"

If we make the playoffs and dont advance its, "well, at least we have cap space"

It is the responsibility of management to spend the cap money we have available. That does not mean sign 3 guys to long term deals that will take all our cap space forever. But they are "smart people" and should be able to use the available cap space to help our team in areas of need while structuring the deals so that we have cap space next year.

Jesus, look at New England, that team was loaded last year with players. They managed to get Moss, Stallworth, Welker & Adalius Thomas.

Who was our major pickup??? Thats right, we didnt have one. I think if we could be "smart" like New England, we could figure a way to get guys like new england did. We would be serious superbowl contenders if we had an offseason like they just did.
Yeah!!!!!!! New England for crying out loud!
Why doesn't "tightwad Ted" spend some money!!! You know........like on a high end video camera? You know.....just like NE uses to win! I bet they could hire the guy NE used to cheat to run our camera! I'm sure he is looking for work now! :roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
You're argument is to look at a team that cheats? Interesting argument.

Latest posts