Turner

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would you guys think if we offered the bolts a 2nd round pick for turner by week 5? Would you as fans be happy with that deal or would you prefer to wait until the offseason and attempt to get him in free agency?

I know that a some people might think theres no chance we could get him for a 2nd round pick but the way I see it is I think that turners most likely to go to free agency at the end of the year and if we offer them a 2nd round pick now they will actually get something for him.

Personally I would like to get turner for a 2nd rounder instead of waiting until the free agency to try get him because after this years free agency and seeing how much other teams were willing to give players like green, clemens ect I would prefer to get a guy like him mid season and give him a contract extention rather than let other teams bid for him.

What do you think?

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I still thinks it's too early to push the panic button.

Why would you think that?

Because we only played 1 game and won it?

Insanity.

I think it may be because it's just too early to push the panic button.

Michael Turner and LT seem to be the gold standards around here for running backs. How many yards did they have on Sunday? 56. On 27 carries. BJack had 40 on 15. Arguably, he had a better day than either of those two.

Now, go ahead and tell me that was just one game and that it's too early to draw any conclusions...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would you guys think if we offered the bolts a 2nd round pick for turner by week 5? Would you as fans be happy with that deal or would you prefer to wait until the offseason and attempt to get him in free agency?

I know that a some people might think theres no chance we could get him for a 2nd round pick but the way I see it is I think that turners most likely to go to free agency at the end of the year and if we offer them a 2nd round pick now they will actually get something for him.

Personally I would like to get turner for a 2nd rounder instead of waiting until the free agency to try get him because after this years free agency and seeing how much other teams were willing to give players like green, clemens ect I would prefer to get a guy like him mid season and give him a contract extention rather than let other teams bid for him.

What do you think?

The Chargers made a move that protected them to the degree a team would have to give them a 1st and a 2nd. Why in God's green earth would they drop that far in the middle of the season when this is the year they obviously need to make an all out push to win it all?

They trade Turner and LT gets hurt and it's all on Rivers. I can tell you that ain't good. Therefore, that won't happen.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
cheesey said:
I still thinks it's too early to push the panic button.

Why would you think that?

Because we only played 1 game and won it?

Insanity.

I think it may be because it's just too early to push the panic button.

Michael Turner and LT seem to be the gold standards around here for running backs. How many yards did they have on Sunday? 56. On 27 carries. BJack had 40 on 15. Arguably, he had a better day than either of those two.

Now, go ahead and tell me that was just one game and that it's too early to draw any conclusions...

agreed... just goes to show you its a team thing. the oline for san diego wasnt gettin a push... so even the great LT didnt get his yards or TDs. (the thing that seperates LT from Turner, Bjack(sofar) and other backs is.. he threw for a touchdown and hes constantly gameplanned against).

Basically no one freak out yet.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steveGB said:

What do you think?

The Chargers made a move that protected them to the degree a team would have to give them a 1st and a 2nd. Why in God's green earth would they drop that far in the middle of the season when this is the year they obviously need to make an all out push to win it all?

They trade Turner and LT gets hurt and it's all on Rivers. I can tell you that ain't good. Therefore, that won't happen.

Chargers aren't trading Turner. I actually had heard that Tennessee offered u their 1st and San Diego wanted a 1st and 3rd. Chargers are looking for a Super Bowl run. They'll let Turner walk next year as long as they have the Lombardi trophy.