Turnaround point

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually when a team is in a slump, at some point there is a turnaround point, a shift in the momentum where everything changes for the better. I'm curious to see when you guys thing that point is coming or if you think it will come at all. I'm going with game 7, a win over the Vikings (Favre!) would do wonders for the teams morale. I pray for hope, that the Pack turns this season around. In moments of desperation, when you think all hope is lost, sometimes a light can come to you. Who knows what form that light will take, but I think sending the Favre and his band of mutinous Vikings Packing (no pun intended) would do huge for the Packers!!! I don't think it's gonna happen against Miami even if they come away with a win. I think the true shift will come thanks to Favre! Oh how sweet justice can be! Thoughts, comments?

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hehe, send the Vikes to 1-5 :skull::viksux:
I hope it's this week. I don't want to wait another week for a turn around. "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" - haha.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at this point when I was predicting our W's & L's going into week 6, I was expecting us to be undefeated, beating the DOLPHINS & facing the Viqueens undefeated 6-0.....but that was preseason...in a few weeks, things change real quick!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's good to have hope especially when things look hopeless.
If the Pack does have a turnaround point then I think it should be this week against Miami.
They are back home for two consecutive weeks.
They beat the Fins to get themselves psyched up for the Vikes.

On the flip side: Can they have a turnaround point despite the injuries?
Coaches start the best players.
So can those who are replacing the injured step up and play against the best of other teams enough to win games?
That's whats gotta happen for the Pack to turn it around.
The odds are agianst that happening.
So the Pack has gotta beat the odds.
And if they do, then there should be a movie made about it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers started the season reading too many of their own headlines. After just rolling though teams in the preseason, most notably hanging a near 60 burger on the Colts, I think they just expected to dominate without any kind of effort. Nick Barnett's XLV or Die and Jermichael Finley's "YOTTO" campaigns are perfect examples of teams reading their own press. I also think many of the fans did the same. Rather than tempering our expectations and realizing that preseason is meaningless, we expected to dominate in every single way, which has now led to major disappointment and frustration.

That's why I ******* *hate* being preseason favorites, or favorites of any kind for that matter. If I were the coach, I would be taking a page out of the Bill Belichick playbook and telling my team to ****, reminding them they haven't won anything yet.

As for a turning point, I agree we shouldn't have had to have one, but I think losing some guys for the season in week, including our starting running back, more or less set the tone in terms of team morale. At some point though you just have to hit bottom and turn it around. Last season we hit bottom with that loss to Tampa Bay. A week later we came out and dominated a very good Cowboys team, and finished 7-1 down the stretch.

Does this team have the same character and resolve as last year's? I would hope so. It's tough to replace your leaders when they fall, but it's time for others to step up and assume those leadership roles. I know the team is frustrated with how they've performed recently. Hopefully they have the heart and character to change things.

On another note, losing Finley for a while might be a blessing in disguise. I think we've tried to rely so much on him in our offensive play calling that now we're forced to get a little more creative and start looking for some of our other weapons. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have him in the lineup than not have him, but I think this could help open things up offensively, since we won't be focusing on him so much. We'll be getting back to basics, so to speak.

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers started the season reading too many of their own headlines. After just rolling though teams in the preseason, most notably hanging a near 60 burger on the Colts, I think they just expected to dominate without any kind of effort. Nick Barnett's XLV or Die and Jermichael Finley's "YOTTO" campaigns are perfect examples of teams reading their own press. I also think many of the fans did the same. Rather than tempering our expectations and realizing that preseason is meaningless, we expected to dominate in every single way, which has now led to major disappointment and frustration.

That's why I ******* *hate* being preseason favorites, or favorites of any kind for that matter. If I were the coach, I would be taking a page out of the Bill Belichick playbook and telling my team to ****, reminding them they haven't won anything yet.

As for a turning point, I agree we shouldn't have had to have one, but I think losing some guys for the season in week, including our starting running back, more or less set the tone in terms of team morale. At some point though you just have to hit bottom and turn it around. Last season we hit bottom with that loss to Tampa Bay. A week later we came out and dominated a very good Cowboys team, and finished 7-1 down the stretch.

Does this team have the same character and resolve as last year's? I would hope so. It's tough to replace your leaders when they fall, but it's time for others to step up and assume those leadership roles. I know the team is frustrated with how they've performed recently. Hopefully they have the heart and character to change things.

On another note, losing Finley for a while might be a blessing in disguise. I think we've tried to rely so much on him in our offensive play calling that now we're forced to get a little more creative and start looking for some of our other weapons. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have him in the lineup than not have him, but I think this could help open things up offensively, since we won't be focusing on him so much. We'll be getting back to basics, so to speak.

Very good point! I wish MM would of done exactly what Bill did with his team! Because its true this Pack team hasnt won anything yet. The sad part about it is that I think MM was just wrapped up in the hype as our team!:Worried:

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this week will be a turning point. The Fins are not sluff of a team and will put on a good fight. I think that all the Packers know they haven't played up to their potential for a full game yet.

With all the injuries now, I feel like this is a game they need to start to click and look sharp out there. I believe this game will up a lot of confidence in the players because our expectations of where we were going are out the window.

We have to work from the ground up and beating the Fins will be the start of that. Hopefully in the coming weeks with people coming off the PUP list and others getting healthy. . .we'll be ready against the Vikings and take the fight to them and keep on a good roll.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know we lost our starters more on d-line than o-line,but the guys will beef it up this week think they held their own last week,i think we have very good backups not saying they wont make mistakes just feel they will play a beastly game think the turn around is this sunday.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This week could signal a turnaround, but only if we beat Miami big. We need to dominate them on both sides of the ball to make a statement.If we beat Miami, like Favre beats his.... cellphone, we should be just fine going forward.

If we win, but barely, then the Queens game becomes make-or-break.

If we lose to Miami, it looks pretty bleak. Especially if they hand us our ***.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
The Turning point is coming when AL HARRIS steps back on the field!!!

4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree much of your post, it has always bugged me that everyone was picking us to go to the Super Bowl. Rarely does a team that is hyped so much get to the holy grail. I dont truly see Barnett's XLV or Die, the latter, and Jermichaels YOTTO (Year Of The Take Over, now YOTIR Year Of The Injured Reserve) as anything more than confidence boosts to these guys anyways.

I think whats currently going on is the initial reality check that championship teams get, and that an undefeated New England didn't get, on their way to greatness. If they can come out of the next few weeks with a couple W's the team will be that much stronger for it. At the same time there will be more players becoming healthy, so it will be a huge confidence boost.

Lets start this turnaround right now

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree much of your post, it has always bugged me that everyone was picking us to go to the Super Bowl. Rarely does a team that is hyped so much get to the holy grail. I dont truly see Barnett's XLV or Die, the latter, and Jermichaels YOTTO (Year Of The Take Over, now YOTIR Year Of The Injured Reserve) as anything more than confidence boosts to these guys anyways.

I think whats currently going on is the initial reality check that championship teams get, and that an undefeated New England didn't get, on their way to greatness. If they can come out of the next few weeks with a couple W's the team will be that much stronger for it. At the same time there will be more players becoming healthy, so it will be a huge confidence boost.

Lets start this turnaround right now

In that light, I'm reminded of the 2007 Giants, who had a rough start to their season. They were horrible, local media was calling for Tom Coughlin's firing, Eli was injured and while they won some games, the play was sloppy. No one expected them to go far in the playoffs.

We're undoubtedly facing some tough times. If we can find a way to suck it up, there's no reason why this team shouldn't be able to get to the promised land.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This week could signal a turnaround, but only if we beat Miami big. We need to dominate them on both sides of the ball to make a statement.If we beat Miami, like Favre beats his.... cellphone, we should be just fine going forward.

If we win, but barely, then the Queens game becomes make-or-break.

If we lose to Miami, it looks pretty bleak. Especially if they hand us our ***.

Or we are down big and come back late. That would signal a turnaround as well.

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beating Miami would be huge, as wounded as we are! Though our bodies may be broken, our hearts and spirits are stronger than all! I still want the Vikings on a damned platter! Momentum from the Miami game might just give us that mojo heading to the Vikings, with or without Favre! The spirit of the Pack always endures!!!

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say my name, say my name baby!!! I just knew it! I felt it!!! Turnaround right here right now baby!!! Oh hell yeah was that sweet!!! Spider sense did not fail me!!! I knew it! YES!!! :happy0005::viksux::happy0005:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I hope this was all it took for Rodgers to get that confidence he had last year back. Big win, the O-line showed up to play, it's looking good for the Pack!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts