TT speaks..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Reading this little article, and it stuck me funny that Ted misquoted the Indy attack.... maybe Ted forgot about Edge for all those years?

Look at 2001 when James got hurt.. they didn't survive that year..

Anywho.. pretty good read overall. Seems to be satisified overall. Addresses the Harrell pick and how Hawk is doing. Very generic overall but typical TT, steady as it goes.

Edgerrin James
2005 Indianapolis Colts 1,506 4.2 13
2004 Indianapolis Colts 1,548 4.6 9
2003 Indianapolis Colts 1,259 4.1 11
2002 Indianapolis Colts 989 2
2001 Indianapolis Colts 662 4.4 3
2000 Indianapolis Colts 1,709 4.4 13
1999 Indianapolis Colts 1,553 4.2 13

Colts Record
2005 14-2
2004 12-4
2003 12-4
2002 10-6
2001 6-10
2000 10-6
1999 13-3

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071021/PKR01/710210657/1989

Q: Over the long haul, can a team succeed without a productive running game?

Thompson: Sure they can. Indianapolis did it for several years until last year when they had the new running back. We expect to run the ball. We expect to be more productive running the ball. We've played some teams that people quite frankly just don't run very well against them. ... You do what you're doing (well). We have some good receivers. We have a very good quarterback. We have good pass protection. Our running game is still a work in progress. I don't think you can necessarily assume that we're not going to be more successful running the ball. I think it will be a week in and week out kind of thing.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z,

Thanks for the read. "Very interesting" six pages of debate comments on TT following this piece as well.

Cheers !!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT can speak?

and did he answer the real questions, like is he gay? durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading this little article, and it stuck me funny that Ted misquoted the Indy attack.... maybe Ted forgot about Edge for all those years?

Look at 2001 when James got hurt.. they didn't survive that year..

Anywho.. pretty good read overall. Seems to be satisified overall. Addresses the Harrell pick and how Hawk is doing. Very generic overall but typical TT, steady as it goes.

Edgerrin James
2005 Indianapolis Colts 1,506 4.2 13
2004 Indianapolis Colts 1,548 4.6 9
2003 Indianapolis Colts 1,259 4.1 11
2002 Indianapolis Colts 989 2
2001 Indianapolis Colts 662 4.4 3
2000 Indianapolis Colts 1,709 4.4 13
1999 Indianapolis Colts 1,553 4.2 13

Colts Record
2005 14-2
2004 12-4
2003 12-4
2002 10-6
2001 6-10
2000 10-6
1999 13-3

Yeah I saw that too. Not exactly sure what he meant by that. Maybe Pass to setup the run like they did but then again they still do that to this day.

In 2001 Domnic Rhodes filled in for Edge and had 1,000 yards rushing so I don't know about the highlight there.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
In 2001 Domnic Rhodes filled in for Edge and had 1,000 yards rushing so I don't know about the highlight there.

Good catch.. I wonder how many catches Rhodes had that year vs a normal Edge year... just went by what Edge did for comparison. So maybe my thinking there is flawed. :shock:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Good catch.. I wonder how many catches Rhodes had that year vs a normal Edge year... just went by what Edge did for comparison. So maybe my thinking there is flawed. :shock:

No doubt Edge is more valuable and a better player so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this article in the newspaper as well. When I got to the Indy running game part I gave a "WTF mate." I hope TT realizes that Indy did indeed need the run to succeed, and doesn't think our lack there of is ok to have for a while.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT can speak?

Yea, and like, where is Randy Moss and how warm will Harrel and Brandon Jackson be able to keep the bench for the people who play the games in December.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this article in the newspaper as well. When I got to the Indy running game part I gave a "WTF mate." I hope TT realizes that Indy did indeed need the run to succeed, and doesn't think our lack there of is ok to have for a while.

Guy(TT) doesnt even know the general rules of football. We have 17 D-Lineman and only one decent safety by stroke of luck. Is he planning on putting Harrel at FS?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Guy(TT) doesnt even know the general rules of football. We have 17 D-Lineman and only one decent safety by stroke of luck. Is he planning on putting Harrel at FS?

Lol, god i thought this anti-TT stuff had been long buried. Seemingly not :roll:

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

While I am one of the guys that declares quite loudly that Ted Thompson is NOT above criticism, this kind of post is nonsensical.

Let's see Ted Thompson:

-- played in the NFL in 146 of a 147 games from '75 to '84;
-- assistant director of pro personnel for the Packers in '92;
-- Packers' director of pro personnel from '93 to '97;
-- Packers' director of player personnel from '97 to '99;
-- Seattle Seahawks' vice president of operations from 2000 to '04; and
-- has been Green Bay's General Manager since January 14, 2005...

... yeah right, he doesn't know the general rules of football, and he is losing sleep over how much more you know about football than him :roll:

As for his mistake in recalling Indy's success, he was answering questions at a press conference. Try standing in front of a group of reporters rifling questions at you. See if you might make a mistake or two in citing examples from the top of your head.

TT can speak?

The National Enquirer's lead reporter was denied press credentials, so you will have to frequent Milwaukee gay bars for your answer to TT's ****** preferences, because enquiring minds want to know...

Frankly, I don't care if TT is straight, gay, transexual, pan-******, or asexual as long as he produces as a General Manager.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
As for his mistake in recalling Indy's success, he was answering questions at a press conference. Try standing in front of a group of reporters rifling questions at you. See if you might make a mistake or two in citing examples from the top of your head.

It reads as if it is a sit-down interview.. not a press conference, that is why I found it odd. Either way really not that big of a deal, just interesting.

In an interview with Green Bay Press-Gazette sports editor Mike Vandermause on Thursday, Thompson discussed, among other topics, the Packers' fast start, how he handled offseason criticism, his assessment of first-round draft pick Justin Harrell and whether there's hope for the team's struggling run game.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... yeah right, he doesn't know the general rules of football, and he is losing sleep over how much more you know about football than him :roll:

He should be losing sleep over it. Luckily Favre came back and is overacheiving for his age or the Pack would be 1-5 and everyone would be blasting TT including you and his job as gm would be over very soon.

And you should be losing sleep over how much more i know about football than you.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

He should be losing sleep over it. Luckily Favre came back and is overacheiving for his age or the Pack would be 1-5 and everyone would be blasting TT including you and his job as gm would be over very soon.

And you should be losing sleep over how much more i know about football than you.

Ohhhh.. fight, fight!

OK, smart guy, without Googling, who has 'A Gap' responsibility on the Packers defensive line? ;)

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Bruce said:

Ohhhh.. fight, fight!

OK, smart guy, without Googling, who has 'A Gap' responsibility on the Packers defensive line? ;)

you do

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Bruce said:

Ohhhh.. fight, fight!

It can change on every play. We rotate D-Tackles alot so could be anyone. I dont particularly pay attention to the DT's on every single play but i'd say Pickett and Jolly mostly, Cole sometimes and Harrel never.

Do you people really think that knowing every single intricate detail of the game makes you an expert? Or that because you have a website that your opinion matters more than anyone elses? It just means you have alot of time on your hands among other things on your hand.

You want intricate details? Heres a few.

1st round pick has 1 tackle in 6 games. No sacks, no impact.
2nd round pick averaging 16 yards per game 2.5 per carry in 6 games.
3rd round pick had 2 consecutive fumbles vs the Bears and single handedly lost us that game.

Randy Moss has 10 touchdowns, 750 yards in 7 games.

Theres some facts for ya

Scoreboard

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:
Bruce said:

Ohhhh.. fight, fight!

It can change on every play. We rotate D-Tackles alot so could be anyone. I dont particularly pay attention to the DT's on every single play but i'd say Pickett and Jolly mostly, Cole sometimes and Harrel never.

Do you people really think that knowing every single intricate detail of the game makes you an expert? Or that because you have a website that your opinion matters more than anyone elses? It just means you have alot of time on your hands among other things on your hand.

3rd round pick had 2 consecutive fumbles vs the Bears and single handedly lost us that game.

Theres some facts for ya

Scoreboard

Wow. Dude. Notice the wink? That means it's a joke. Chill.

New England is built to win now. The Packers are built to win for years and years. Did Thompson drop the ball on Moss? Yes. Will crying about it like a 12 year old, even a 12 year old with a lot of football knowledge, make any difference? Um, no.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Favre's played bad in two games this year, Eagles and Redskins. We won both those games. So the Pack would have to be at least 2-5, right?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Bruce said:

Favre's played bad in two games this year, Eagles and Redskins. We won both those games. So the Pack would have to be at least 2-5, right?

I actually think the Pack could've beaten the Vikings and maybe the Giants AT that time without Favre because of the way our Defense has handled it's self through this stretch of games.

It's a TEAM sport. Giving all the credit to one player is ridiculous. If so many posters want the Pack to be like the Patriots then they should notice the 1st thing they praise in that locker room is TEAM. Not I.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, i don't think any of us knows whether TT "dropped the ball" with the Randy Moss attempt. In the end it was MOSS who decided where HE wanted to go. None of us truely knows what TT tried to do to get him here. Thats Packer inside info that NONE of us has access to.

Second, why the heck is there so much argueing going on here!?!?
For crying out loud, we are 5-1, and on top of our division!!!!
You'd think we were the Vikings and in the cellar the way some are acting on here.
Man.........if it's this bad here now, with as good as we are, i can't imagine what P&M would be going on if we were 1-5 instead.
All should chill, and enjoy where we are instead of picking at anything and everything.
ENJOY the ride!

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, i don't think any of us knows whether TT "dropped the ball" with the Randy Moss attempt. In the end it was MOSS who decided where HE wanted to go. None of us truely knows what TT tried to do to get him here. Thats Packer inside info that NONE of us has access to.

Second, why the heck is there so much argueing going on here!?!?
For crying out loud, we are 5-1, and on top of our division!!!!
You'd think we were the Vikings and in the cellar the way some are acting on here.
Man.........if it's this bad here now, with as good as we are, i can't imagine what P&M would be going on if we were 1-5 instead.
All should chill, and enjoy where we are instead of picking at anything and everything.
ENJOY the ride!

The bye week, nothing better to do :)

Rabble rabble Moss, Rabble rabble TT, Rabble rabble running game

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Aaronstory said:
de_real_deal said:
Bruce said:

Ohhhh.. fight, fight!

Theres some facts for ya

Scoreboard

Wow. Dude. Notice the wink? That means it's a joke. Chill.

New England is built to win now. The Packers are built to win for years and years. Did Thompson drop the ball on Moss? Yes. Will crying about it like a 12 year old, even a 12 year old with a lot of football knowledge, make any difference? Um, no.

Ok, i'll chill :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts