2024 draft discussion thread

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
They might feel good about Stokes for 2024. I guess when we finally hear about his 5th year option in the next few days, that will really tell us the answer.
If I was a betting man and I am, I would place a big bet on the Packers not picking up Eric Stokes 5th year option. Might even bet my house on it.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
If I was a betting man and I am, I would place a big bet on the Packers not picking up Eric Stokes 5th year option. Might even bet my house on it.
I agree, maybe not bet my house, since housing is hard to find, and I need to live somewhere, but yeah, 2 years of limited play due to injury doesn't give Stokes a lot in his corner.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but it is reported that the Packers showed interest in Spencer Rattler during the draft process, and Rd 4 would be a time to take him if they really are interested in adding a QB in this draft like they mentioned.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but it is reported that the Packers showed interest in Spencer Rattler during the draft process, and Rd 4 would be a time to take him if they really are interested in adding a QB in this draft like they mentioned.
I hope not. Sure, the guy could be another Brock Purdy, but we got Jordan Love. I'd rather see they go after a PS QB in the 7th or UDFA. I know, Ron Wolf, Ron Wolf, Ron Wolf.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rattler is a 6', slower than lineman QB... Gute can do better with a UDFA flyer, imho.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I hope not. Sure, the guy could be another Brock Purdy, but we got Jordan Love. I'd rather see they go after a PS QB in the 7th or UDFA. I know, Ron Wolf, Ron Wolf, Ron Wolf.
I'm not advocating for Rattler, I'm just preparing the Forum that it has been reported, before a potential all out meltdown happens, lol.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's talk todays picks. Even though Hicks is still out there. Doubt he lasts to 126. I would not trade up for him at this point. Time for a CB. 1. Hart 2. Abe-Drain 3. Carson If they wait late rounders for me are K. Jackson, Brownlee, Brown, Sheppard. I couldn't find any testing for DJ James. I wouldn't complain if they got Hicks but there are later guys like Mustapha, Oladapo, Tay-Dem, Carlies, Hamptonb, Vaki, E. Williams.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they do not use 168 and or 190 from the trade to move up consider this. 168 could allow them to take a center a year early. If somebody like Limmer, Nourzad or Nugent were on the board. 190 could be a nice spot to take Sam Hartman.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Gute has 8 picks to play with today. I won't be surprised to see him double up with some of them to move up and grab a guy that he has high grades on.

Remember the name Tanor Bortolini today. He is going to be a Packer and take over for Myers.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the hand wringing over "Gute's 3rd round", because I have done it too, does anyone know what the average "success" rate for a 3rd rounder in the NFL even is? The reason I ask is this, maybe Gute knows that the rate is rather low. So when he gets to the 3rd round if he has a guy on his board that he absolutely 100% wants and feels there is a good chance that guy won't be around for 32 or more picks later, he just goes for it. Not saying this is the right approach or that he is successful with it, but lets face it, after the 2nd round, you are getting into a pool of players that probably every GM has a very different opinion of.
I third round pick averages a 2.8 year NFL career

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Let's talk todays picks. Even though Hicks is still out there. Doubt he lasts to 126. I would not trade up for him at this point. Time for a CB. 1. Hart 2. Abe-Drain 3. Carson If they wait late rounders for me are K. Jackson, Brownlee, Brown, Sheppard. I couldn't find any testing for DJ James. I wouldn't complain if they got Hicks but there are later guys like Mustapha, Oladapo, Tay-Dem, Carlies, Hamptonb, Vaki, E. Williams.

Oladapo is a guy that I think Gute likes and goes after, maybe even in round 4, despite people thinking he is a 7th rounder.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Few guys I'd target today if I'm Gute early:

Cam Hart
Austin Booker
Javon Foster
Christian Jones
Beaux Limmer
Dorlus
Stover
Brennan Jackson
Christian Mahogony
Jacob Cowing
Malik Mustapha
Leanord Taylor
Logan Lee
Oladapo
Carlies

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Few guys I'd target today if I'm Gute early:

Cam Hart
Austin Booker
Javon Foster
Christian Jones
Beaux Limmer
Dorlus
Stover
Brennan Jackson
Christian Mahogony
Jacob Cowing
Malik Mustapha
Leanord Taylor
Logan Lee
Oladapo
Carlies
Side bet, 3 guys on your list are Packers by tomorrow (drafted or UDFA)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I also won't be surprised if we see Gute use one of the #168 or 169 picks to move up 10-15 spots here in the 4th round.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Figure GB has 3-4 guys in mind in the 4th. If/as they get picked off the more chance there is of them trading up but also the cheaper it becomes for them to do so.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also won't be surprised if we see Gute use one of the #168 or 169 picks to move up 10-15 spots here in the 4th round.

Yeah, I fully expect in the fourth or fifth Gute goes and gets a guy using lter oicks. Or he actually stated in interview if he can add a few picks for next year he’d do it

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
still got a few more boxes that need to be checked imo.

Wish list for day 3:

At least 1 defensive lineman
At least 1 offensive lineman that has C/G potential
1 Box Safety/Nickel CB
1 Outside CB ala C. Valentine

The rest will be just icing on my draft cake.