When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No ones telling TT to go all Monoploy but 1 or 2 impact players can make a big difference... Even 1. Vernon Davis or even Desean Jackson in Green Bay would've solved a bunch of problems. Especially Davis.
As we saw on Sunday, Jackson can best serve the Packers by playing against them. He single handedly turned that game around for us. At the very least he gave us the opportunity to turn it around rather than start to pile it on. Though I'm appreciative of that, i'm not appreciative enough to want him anywhere near our locker room.

And Davis? well much of what made him expendable from the 9er's has brought him to the bench in Denver and they're still playing for a Super Bowl. Another guy I'm glad we don't have.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You believe he knew that Aaron Rodgers was going to be the most efficient passer in the history of the NFL? Really? I have this bridge in San Francisco I would like to sell you...

Yes I do. And how much because I'm interested in this bridge you're selling.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers currently have four players on their team that have played for another team, if I recall correctly all other teams have at least 16. It's pretty accurate to mention that overall Thompson ignores other ways than the draft to improve the team.

Considering we have a better team that most teams every year, why should we make our roster look like theirs?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering we have a better team that most teams every year, why should we make our roster look like theirs?
Just because we are better than the teams in the league who have no QB doesn't mean our team can't improve. I really doubt any of those losing organizations are pining for anything we have other than Rodgers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If the formula is to win 10+ games and the North?? but never win another SB with Rodgers as qb then fine.. Don't change a thing haha smh. Because I'm sure the Patriots don't mind wining SBs with rental players. Looks like it works IMO.

D

Deleted member 6794

The previous three posts sum it up pretty well, because the Packers, having the best QB in the league, should aim for winning the Super Bowl and not being better than most teams.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The previous three posts sum it up pretty well, because the Packers, having the best QB in the league, should aim for winning the Super Bowl and not being better than most teams.
Agreed. The problem comes in how you think the best path to winning the Super Bowl is. We all have different opinions on that and if history has taught us anything, there's not just one way to build a Super Bowl winning team.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers may be the best, but he isn't the only great QB in the league. He has regressed the past two years and Russell Wilson and Cam Newton have developed and outplayed him. Brady and Rothlesberger are still playing at a very high level.

Why do you think the Packers are aiming to be better than most and not to win the SB? Thats just silly.

Think of it this way, should Seattle have fired their GM last season? Should the Seattle GM alter the way he shapes their roster? After all they didn't win the SB and that, in your mind, is a failure.

If your answer is no, then why is TT different?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers may be the best, but he isn't the only great QB in the league. He has regressed the past two years and Russell Wilson and Cam Newton have developed and outplayed him. Brady and Rothlesberger are still playing at a very high level.

Why do you think the Packers are aiming to be better than most and not to win the SB? Thats just silly.

Think of it this way, should Seattle have fired their GM last season? Should the Seattle GM alter the way he shapes their roster? After all they didn't win the SB and that, in your mind, is a failure.

To say he regressed is ridiculous. Having a rough patch is completely different than regressing. How was Wilson doing when his line wasn't blocking earlier in the season? When Newton proves he can play at his current level for as many years as Rodgers has, then you'll have an argument.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the formula is to win 10+ games and the North?? but never win another SB with Rodgers as qb then fine.. Don't change a thing haha smh. Because I'm sure the Patriots don't mind wining SBs with rental players. Looks like it works IMO.

And the Patriots also went a decade in between winning this SBs.

Was is it just not working then or is it just tough to win a SB?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Patriots also went a decade in between winning this SBs.

Was is it just not working then or is it just tough to win a SB?
If we had a run like them, there wouldn't be as many complaints. They aren't in it every year, but they look like they actually belong on the field with other elite teams.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we had a run like them, there wouldn't be as many complaints. They aren't in it every year, but they look like they actually belong on the field with other elite teams.

Are you trying to say a 15-1 team and a team that nearly went to the Super Bowl last season didn't look like contenders? Both teams beat the Super Bowl champs during the year too. That's clearly belonging on the field with them.

I'd like to see how it can be explained that it's on TT one of the best offenses in league played terribly come playoff time in 2011 and last years team collapsed. Those teams were clearly good enough to win it all, but played poorly at bad times. That's not on the GM.

Last edited:

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you trying to say a 15-1 team and a team that nearly went to the Super Bowl last season didn't look like contenders?

I'd like to see how it can be explained that it's on TT one of the best offenses in league played terribly come playoff time in 2011 and last years team collapsed. Those teams were clearly good enough to win it all, but played poorly at bad times. That's not on the GM.

The most frustrating part of last year is that barring a torn calf muscle that would have the majority of players sitting on the bench, i believe we are runaway champions last year but this is a bit of homerism on my part.

As far as the 15-1 season goes, there was not one my moment in that entire season where I thought we were superbowl bound. I am sorry when you defense sucks that bad, all it takes is one subpar performance by your offense and your playoffs are done which is exactly what happened.

I know you are on this anything can happen in the playoffs trend of the last 10 years and that is understandable. However unless that goes another 10 years like that it is nothing more than a trend.

I still firmly believe that getting into the playoffs and hoping for the best is a crap shoot way to reach a Super Bowl.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most frustrating part of last year is that barring a torn calf muscle that would have the majority of players sitting on the bench, i believe we are runaway champions last year but this is a bit of homerism on my part.

As far as the 15-1 season goes, there was not one my moment in that entire season where I thought we were superbowl bound. I am sorry when you defense sucks that bad, all it takes is one subpar performance by your offense and your playoffs are done which is exactly what happened.

I know you are on this anything can happen in the playoffs trend of the last 10 years and that is understandable. However unless that goes another 10 years like that it is nothing more than a trend.

I still firmly believe that getting into the playoffs and hoping for the best is a crap shoot way to reach a Super Bowl.

The offense wasn't just subpar that game. It was awful. Nearly every team would lose in the playoffs with 4 turnovers. That's not on TT.

Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guarantee that TTs goal is to win the Super Bowl.

With every single player on the roster being one of his draft picks haha. TT is an ego maniac trust me. He gets a ******* everytime they show that stat about the Packers having the fewest free agents on their roster haha

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The fact you had to qualify that with "as many complaints" should show how spoiled some fans are and can be

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers may be the best, but he isn't the only great QB in the league. He has regressed the past two years and Russell Wilson and Cam Newton have developed and outplayed him.

Rodgers for sure struggled at times this season but it seems like you forgot that he won the MVP award last season and although he had a below average performance in the NFCCG, playing on w bad calf, it was Wilson who had a terrible game throwing four picks.

It wasb't me suggesting to be fine with the Packers being better than most teams as I think that every season not winning the Super Bowl while having the best QB in the league should be considered a disappointment. While I get it's impossible to win the Lombardi Trophy every single season doing it once in most likely 11 years with two future HOF QBs doesn't cut it for me.

Actually I'm indecisive about whether Thompson should be let go. There's no denying that he has mostly done a good job drafting but on the other hand his reluctancy to use all methods available to improve the team has probably cost the Packers another ring or two during his tenure.

D

Deleted member 6794

Are you trying to say a 15-1 team and a team that nearly went to the Super Bowl last season didn't look like contenders? Both teams beat the Super Bowl champs during the year too. That's clearly belonging on the field with them.

The 2011 defense was terrible for the entire season, that's on the GM. While last year's team nearly made it to the Super Bowl it's possible they would have made it to Arizona if Thompson had addressed the most glaring need entering the season at inside linebacker (think about Jones and Hawk messing up on the fake FG, Barrington getting beat by Lynch to set up the offense's first TD and Marshawn breaking free down the middle to give the Seahawks the lead).

Last edited by a moderator:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2011 defense was terrible for the entire season, that's on the GM. While last year's team nearly made it to the Super Bowl it's possible they would have made it to Arizona if Thompson had addressed the most glaring need entering the season at inside linebacker (think about Jones and Hawk messing up on the fake FG, Barrington getting beat by Lynch to set up the offense's first TD and Marshawn breaking free down the middle to give the Seahawks the lead).

Great point. That's why I blame him for the loss to. He doesn't get a pass because Bostic tried to be a hero. Brad jones isn't even in the league anymore and AJ Hawk is a bench warmer on another team. Yet they were our starting ilbs. Go figure ...but then again, two of his draft picks that he even OVERPAID to keep at one point.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, it's not 2011 anymore. Other teams have evolved, are better and more athletic than ever. Our offense looks stuck in the past, with short, slow receivers, a TE with OL type speed, and a running back with no lateral explosiveness. That makes it easy for teams to exploit our weaknesses.

I guess the GM for the Colts should have gotten all of the credit for wins instead of Manning during all of those years as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not 2011 anymore. Other teams have evolved, are better and more athletic than ever. Our offense looks stuck in the past, with short, slow receivers, a TE with OL type speed, and a running back with no lateral explosiveness. That makes it easy for teams to exploit our weaknesses.

I guess the GM for the Colts should have gotten all of the credit for wins instead of Manning during all of those years as well.
You're right, absolutely right. TT is a flippin' moron. Everyone on earth could see that after being one of the best offenses year after year and leading the entire league in offense again just last year, that THIS year, despite returning all 11 starters, it need to be completely dismantled and retooled because obviously there is nobody on this team capable of playing in the NFL. Everybody, including you. LOL

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
TT is an ego maniac trust me. He gets a ******* everytime they show that stat about the Packers having the fewest free agents on their roster haha
One of the most ridiculous comments on the board. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to trust you, particularly on the subject of Thompson. Oh ya: haha.

Members online