TROM's PICKS - Week 1

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom’s Picks – Week 1

Home team in CAPS

RAMS (+ 4) over Broncos

With Martz and his antics elsewhere(Detroit. Yay!), the Rams will be a more focused team this year. Stephen Jackson is a beast, and the Rams STILL have one of the better offenses in the league. Meanwhile, in Denver, fans are already counting down the days till they can see Jay Cutler.

Jets (+3) over TITANS
I’ve always liked Chad Pennington. He has had a bad string or injuries, and although he will probably get hurt down the road, he isn’t hurt now. Jets should win this easy.

Bills(+10) over PATRIOTS
The Bills are not good. They are bad. But they aren’t +10 bad. The Patriots had a lot of holes to fill, and while NE fans will tell me they fixed them well, I still don’t see +10 happening.

BUCS (-3) over Ravens
Everyone knows what the Bucs bring. Good defense. Everyone knows what the Ravens bring. Bad Offense. McNair will be able to help the team win a couple more games via offense this year, but this is not one of those games.

Bengals (+1) over CHIEFS
The Chiefs have Larry Johnson and Trent Green, but NO receivers, and an average defense. Meanwhile, Carson is back, and doesn’t appear to have let his injury bother him. Where you at, 85? Oh, in the endzone.

Seahawks (-6 1\2) over LIONS
The Madden curse will strike Shaun Alexander, I have no doubt about that. But when? Week 1? I doubt it. The Lions have a curse of their own. It’s called the “We’re the Detroit Lionsâ€

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll do mine, but as if I were betting.

Rams (+4.) I think Denver will win, but by a field goal in a close one.

Jets (+3.) Someone explain to me how the Jets are 3 point dogs here.

Patriots (-10.) Maroney and Dillon combine for 250 on the groud. Pats in a rout.

Bucs (-3.) Anyone else think this is a Super Bowl team if Simms doesn't turn the ball over?

Bengals (+1.) Pssst, the Chiefs defense still isn't very good.

Seahawks (-6 1/2.) Jon Kitna is garbage.

Falcons (+5 1/2.) No doubt in my mind that the Panthers will be the better team this year, but Smith won't be going full speed with his hamstring injury, and Delhomme has looked pretty awful. Falcons will either win close or lose by 5 or less.

Eagles (-6.) If the Eagles can't win this game by a TD, they're f-ed this season. Even with Flanny, they're still the Texans O-line.

Browns (-3.) Seen Kam Wimbley yet? He's a beast. The kind of beast that will smack the immobile Brees into next Thursday. In addition, Kellen Winslow is a "****ING SOLDIER!!!"

Cowboys (+1.) I think T.O. is going to shine, even though he'll start some crap by season's end. The Dallas RBs have been fantastic, and their young, fast D should be able to get some hits on Leftwich. The Jags won't be able to do anything about it, because their young WRs still aren't ready for primetime. The injury to Greg Jones will hurt as well.

Bears (-3 1/2.) I'm sorry, but our O-line vs. their D-line=trouble. If Green and Gado combine for over 100, I will be surprised. However, I'll be estatic if I'm absolutely wrong about this pick.

Cardinals (-7 1/2.) I talked about this in another thread. The 49ers have Alex Smith at QB, and a retard and a QB at RB. The Cardinals have Edge, Fitz, and Boldin.

Giants (+3 1/2) Tiki and Brandon Jacobs combine for over 200 yards and 3 TDs on the ground. I just don't think that the Colts have the strength up front to stop that. If the Giants play a ball control game like this and keep their D fresh, they can win this game.

Redskins (EVEN.) I could care less about this game, and I have no idea how this will go, but I hate the Vikings.

Chargers (-3.) The Raiders suck. I don't care how good Moss is, they don't have anyone to get him the ball. D is bad too. Chargers by 14 or so.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
In addition, Kellen Winslow is a "****ing SOLDIER!!!"

I seen that on TV when he played for Miami or " The U ". Well S*** if he is a soldier he may be carrying a gun.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Trom’s Picks – Week 1

Home team in CAPS

PACKERS (+3 1\2) over Bears[/b]
The Bears are good, but very overrated. They aren’t THAT good, people. Especially on offense. This game should be defensive, and the winner will probably be determined by 3 points or less.

How about 26? Doh!!!!!!!! :cry:

Members online

Latest posts