Training Camp, 2021

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So far, the buzziest guys I'm reading about...

Elgton Jenkins: Has apparently looked rock solid at LT.

Juwann Winfree: Has garnered a lot of positive attention (may he leap frogs St. Brown and/or Funchess?).

Jordan Love: Showing a lot of progress and some remaining rough edges.

Josh Myers: Poised to start and play well immediately.

Ben Braden: Has worked his way in the discussion to start until Bakhtiari is back.

T.J. Slaton: Plays up to his size.

Chandon Sullivan: Has the much ballyhooed "star" position on lock so far.

Eric Stokes: Lots of rookie moments.

Josh Jackson: Trying to get cut.

Kabion Ento: Might be working his way into taking Jackson's place.

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far, the buzziest guys I'm reading about...

Elgton Jenkins: Has apparently looked rock solid at LT.

Juwann Winfree: Has garnered a lot of positive attention (may he leap frogs St. Brown and/or Funchess?).

Jordan Love: Showing a lot of progress and some remaining rough edges.

Josh Myers: Poised to start and play well immediately.

Ben Braden: Has worked his way in the discussion to start until Bakhtiari is back.

T.J. Slaton: Plays up to his size.

Chandon Sullivan: Has the much ballyhooed "star" position on lock so far.

Eric Stokes: Lots of rookie moments.

Josh Jackson: Trying to get cut.

Kabion Ento: Might be working his way into taking Jackson's place.
Can you elaborate on Josh Jackson?
Is he just not playing well, or is there more too this?

757Niner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a lot of chatter that he looks really bad on the field and may not make the roster.
Is he still playing CB for you guys??

We need some CB depth and I was thinking he may be a guy we might kick the tires on if he's cut early enough in camp.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That’s what passes for racism these days huh?

That’s not even the way it works anymore for some people.

Rather than “passing” for racist, everything is assumed racist and it has to “pass” as acceptable.

When people get banned from social media for saying a dude is a dude, there aren’t that many more loony bridges left to cross.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When people get banned from social media for saying a dude is a dude, there aren’t that many more loony bridges left to cross.
I'd like to understand this part...but I don't.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s not even the way it works anymore for some people.

Rather than “passing” for racist, everything is assumed racist and it has to “pass” as acceptable.

Mocking the way Asians eyes are isn't racist? WOW.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s what passes for racism these days huh?
How is it NOT racist, to make fun of someone's eyes because of their race? Please do.

You probably don't think it was racist either that Ray Rhodes got fired after going 8-8 his first season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is it NOT racist, to make fun of someone's eyes because of their race? Please do.

You probably don't think it was racist either that Ray Rhodes got fired after going 8-8 his first season.
No it's not. Thinking people are lesser humans because of that sort of thing does. Had he called him a slant eyed **** or something, yeah I'd be a lot more critical of him him. But he didn't. noticing differences in physical characteristics doesn't make anyone a racist. Now excuse me, I think i'm turning Japanese, I think i'm turning Japanese, I really think so... and it's not from smiling LOL

Everything is hurtful if you want it to be. Maybe we should all converse in a different language because English is racist. They colonized the entire world and now everyone speaks it, but most of us can't speak anything else.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it was the pointing to the eyes that was the problem all by itself. It was the word he used along with the geature which from what I gathered started with "ch" and rhymed with slinky.

At least he didn't throw sticks or stones.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks, as always, consider the source. The poster didn't have any click-bait opinions on anything to do with the Pack (which does seem strange, given their history), so they jumped on this.

FWIW, I'm happily married to an Asian-American, and I don't have a problem with it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last summer my friend said, I knew we were brothers, I didn't know you were a brother. Because I was pretty tan. You can get the inference. He still had darker skin. I don't think he's a racist.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Seriously??? People have lost all perspective in today's society. People's looks and commenting on them is not racist, maybe insensitive depending on what is said but definitely not racist. Calling an Italian having a "big nose" is not racist, though I suspect some would say it is. Calling a polish descendent a "polak" is not racist (I am one). Get over this "wokeism" that has and continues to drive wedges between people simply because of thin skins and sadly, too many people have been taught that they are victims. What happened to mental toughness, ability to let "words, even though they may hurt" slide off ? Too much "powder puff sensitivity" leads to an inability to handle and deal with stress in our society. I have worked with chinese, japanese, vietnamese, mexicans, several latin Americans, blacks, native Americans, E. and W Europeans and Scandinavians; they are tough people and deal with these kinds of "remarks". Apologize, let it go and move on; this is ridiculous in our society today, we harp on what has happened, what someone says "that made us feel bad for a moment", seriously, there are more important issues in Life than someone suggesting another person has "slanted eyes" or many other similar comments.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Wow, this thread went off the rails quickly. Funchess was a question mark coming into camp by missing two years of football. I doubt this situation helps him, but if he plays lights out it will not matter. Him making the squad doesn't make or break this team and their season.

Good news on the o-line though. That group will make or break our season. If they are as good as what is being reported our offense just might carry us enough. I'm super nervous about that defensive line.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, this thread went off the rails quickly. Funchess was a question mark coming into camp by missing two years of football. I doubt this situation helps him, but if he plays lights out it will not matter. Him making the squad doesn't make or break this team and their season.

Good news on the o-line though. That group will make or break our season. If they are as good as what is being reported our offense just might carry us enough. I'm super nervous about that defensive line.
The problem with not having a good D line is that they can control the time. But if Barnes steps up just a bit more; that will help a lot imo. Along with whoever plays beside him.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The problem with not having a good D line is that they can control the time. But if Barnes steps up just a bit more; that will help a lot imo. Along with whoever plays beside him.
That's why the d-line makes me nervous. There is Clark and then Slaton who is a rookie. I don't trust Lowry and Lancaster is barely a rotational player. Keke is very streaky. This position is just so weak after Clark. ILB do not worry me as much as the DL.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why the d-line makes me nervous. There is Clark and then Slaton who is a rookie. I don't trust Lowry and Lancaster is barely a rotational player. Keke is very streaky. This position is just so weak after Clark. ILB do not worry me as much as the DL.
But the inside linebackers can help stop the run. We have not had that for awhile until the later part of last season.

Members online

Latest posts