Trade Rodgers, start Hundley

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing that we probably still have about 8 more years of Rodgers, I would say no amount of compensation would be nearly enough.
25 years of first round picks from a perennial loser (high picks)?

Ps: I would love 8 more years of Rodgers, but that is optimistic.

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
25 years of first round picks from a perennial loser (high picks)?

Ps: I would love 8 more years of Rodgers, but that is optimistic.

Well you gotta figure he's 33 now for this season and if you calculate up to what HE says he wants to do which is play past 40, that would mean 8 seasons from now he'll be starting the season at age 40. If Brady's ***** fragile *** can play past 40, I know ARod can do it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you gotta figure he's 33 now for this season and if you calculate up to what HE says he wants to do which is play past 40, that would mean 8 seasons from now he'll be starting the season at age 40. If Brady's ***** fragile *** can play past 40, I know ARod can do it.
Reminds me of a song, I wish I were *****, so I could get chicks. Or something like that.

Sky King

Reaction score
Sooner or later Arod is going to take-off running and a nothing special D lineman is going to catch him with relative ease. When it happens with increasing frequency he'll have to adjust his game to settle-in as more of a pocket passer. It will be interesting to see how well he'll fare.

Personally, I think he'll become more Bradyesque but not quite as immobile because he may still be able to move nearly as effectively within the pocket as he does now to avoid getting sacked. He just may not be able to run it downfield as often. Unless he gets creamed badly trying to run the ball someday and it forces early retirement, I think he'll be able to make the transition to pocket passer without too much difficulty.

He can probably be effective until he finally decides to quit on his terms. Since he has stated he wants to retire a Packer I doubt he'll ever agree to any sort of trade.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Sooner or later Arod is going to take-off running and a nothing special D lineman is going to catch him with relative ease. When it happens with increasing frequency he'll have to adjust his game to settle-in as more of a pocket passer. It will be interesting to see how well he'll fare.

Personally, I think he'll become more Bradyesque but not quite as immobile because he may still be able to move nearly as effectively within the pocket as he does now to avoid getting sacked. He just may not be able to run it downfield as often. Unless he gets creamed badly trying to run the ball someday and it forces early retirement, I think he'll be able to make the transition to pocket passer without too much difficulty.

He can probably be effective until he finally decides to quit on his terms. Since he has stated he wants to retire a Packer I doubt he'll ever agree to any sort of trade.
The Packers don't need for him to take off down the field to continue being effective. Even late in Favre's year he could escape the pocket and rollout effectively. If Rodgers continues to work on his conditioning and footwork, while eating right and taking care of his body, he'll still be able to do the things he's done his entire career, IMO.

Reaction score
Reminds me of a song, I wish I were *****, so I could get chicks. Or something like that.
Bloodhound Gang. Hooray For *******, IIRC, though it might have been on One Fierce Beer Coaster. I could just google it, but I'm not sure I care quite that much.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My question was not rhetorical. Would you trade Rodgers to the Lions for 25 years of first round picks?

I don't think I would even though it would really set the Packers up for success for a long time. I wouldn't do it for Rodgers sake. He earned his right to ride out his career with a winner. Even with AR I don't think the Lions win a SB.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in all seriousness if we trade arod I hope we get cutler. I hear the guy loves to pass to our receivers! Just imagine how good he will be if he is on our team?

OP
OP
D

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dblbogey,
For that cute joke, I'm going to need you to do a little penance. I hereby require you to watch 3 Viking games and 2 Bear games! None of which can be against the Packers!
Go now and realize what you have said!

Could I be put to death instead?

D

Deleted member 6794

These next 2 games (especially the final one) will determine who that guy is and possibly, who our #2 QB is when Hundley is out of GB. I like Callahan, but there is something that intrigues me about Hill and his athleticism. I don't think Hill being 25 is a negative, it actually might even be a positive. However, his injury history as well as being in the Packer system for only 1 camp, might be his downfall.

The move that would surprise a lot of people is either Hill or Callahan really show something special in the next 2 games and the Packers find a trade partner for Hundley and one of them becomes our #2. I don't see that happening, Hundley right now is much better than either of them and having him for insurance is far more valuable than a future draft pick. Now if the trade was for a player that could instantly benefit the Packers AND Hill or Callahan show they could be a #2.......then it would get interesting.

I highly doubt either Callahan or Hill (who BTW turned 27 yesterday) will back up Rodgers once the team moves on from Hundley.

in all seriousness if we trade arod I hope we get cutler. I hear the guy loves to pass to our receivers! Just imagine how good he will be if he is on our team?

Actually Cutler loves to pass to our defensive backs. ;) I'm truly disappointed the Packers aren't facing the Dolphins this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

To answer the question being asked several times in this thread I think it would be absolutely insane to trade Rodgers, no matter the compensation the Packers would receive in return.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't think you were that serious lol (though there has been a legitimately disproportionate amount of Hill love around these parts - I think it's just because the 3rd vs 4th qb matter about as much as the water boy, and we all like shiny new toys)

Hopefully, the back-up quarterback(s) will remain irrelevant........:>)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Actually Cutler loves to pass to our defensive backs. ;) I'm truly disappointed the Packers aren't facing the Dolphins this season.
Me too, because that would also mean that we'd get another shot at kicking Tommy B's ***.

That's okay though. We'll take care of him in February. :sneaky:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts