Trade Rodgers, start Hundley

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I'm just kidding. Killing time waiting for the actual season, having delusional thoughts, kind of like Mike Sherman seemed to have regularly. Got me wondering what kind of return you could get on a hypothetical Rodgers trade, though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes, I'm just kidding. Killing time waiting for the actual season, having delusional thoughts, kind of like Mike Sherman seemed to have regularly. Got me wondering what kind of return you could get on a hypothetical Rodgers trade, though.

Bad day to stop/start sniffing glue? :coffee:

Possibly a one way ticket out of Green Bay, with no return and if you are lucky, your dog is alive when you leave (ok, GB Dan Devine Urban Myth).

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers would be worth another team's 1st rounder for every single season that he played for that team. And it still wouldn't be enough.
Great, picking first (cause we would suck) and at the end of every round (Rodger new team would win)! :rolleyes: More CB's!!

H

HardRightEdge

Got me wondering what kind of return you could get on a hypothetical Rodgers trade, though.
Three 1st. and two 2nd. round picks. Then hope you can get a franchise guy in the draft with one of those picks and wait a few years to get back into contention as he develops. In the mean time, use the cap savings to add some quality FAs to the defensive side hoping to stay competitive by keeping the scores down.

Sign Kaepernick to start for a year or two to hold us over. :eek:

What's the value of a true franchise QB? Priceless.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or........Trade Rodgers and Hundley. Start Taysom Hill......:>)

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dblbogey,
For that cute joke, I'm going to need you to do a little penance. I hereby require you to watch 3 Viking games and 2 Bear games! None of which can be against the Packers!
Go now and realize what you have said!

Reaction score
Or........Trade Rodgers and Hundley. Start Taysom Hill......:>)
What is with all this Taysom Hill love? Callahan > Hill any day. Hill can back up Callahan, who can throw to Clark, Mcaffery, Allison, Dupree, Yancey, and Crockett - after we also trade Nelson, Adams, and Cobb. I think we should be able to net 7-8 1st rounders with a slew of 2nd-5ths and some extra lates thrown in.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is with all this Taysom Hill love? Callahan > Hill any day. Hill can back up Callahan, who can throw to Clark, Mcaffery, Allison, Dupree, Yancey, and Crockett - after we also trade Nelson, Adams, and Cobb. I think we should be able to net 7-8 1st rounders with a slew of 2nd-5ths and some extra lates thrown in.

I was being facetious, in spirit of the thread.

As for Hill, is athletic ability is intriguing, and I think may find his way to the practice squad. I'm not quite ready to anoint him as Canton-bound yet however.

Reaction score
I was being facetious, in spirit of the thread.

As for Hill, is athletic ability is intriguing, and I think may find his way to the practice squad. I'm not quite ready to anoint him as Canton-bound yet however.
I didn't think you were that serious lol (though there has been a legitimately disproportionate amount of Hill love around these parts - I think it's just because the 3rd vs 4th qb matter about as much as the water boy, and we all like shiny new toys)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think its pretty obvious that either Hill or Callahan will be our #3 and the other guy most likely will not be a Packer, no need to carry 4 QB's on the roster and PS. I also hope that whoever it is, we are able to stash him on the PS and not use a roster spot. Maybe cut both and sign whoever is not picked up or the best one if they both are still available?

These next 2 games (especially the final one) will determine who that guy is and possibly, who our #2 QB is when Hundley is out of GB. I like Callahan, but there is something that intrigues me about Hill and his athleticism. I don't think Hill being 25 is a negative, it actually might even be a positive. However, his injury history as well as being in the Packer system for only 1 camp, might be his downfall.

The move that would surprise a lot of people is either Hill or Callahan really show something special in the next 2 games and the Packers find a trade partner for Hundley and one of them becomes our #2. I don't see that happening, Hundley right now is much better than either of them and having him for insurance is far more valuable than a future draft pick. Now if the trade was for a player that could instantly benefit the Packers AND Hill or Callahan show they could be a #2.......then it would get interesting.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved Callahan last preseason. However, this is where you have to show it and Hill has outplayed Callahan in both games so far. Hundley shows the poise and patience that a true starter needs in the NFL. Hill and Callahan are gamers who might succeed with all of the right pieces in place for them.

Moving Rodgers in a Hershel Walker type of trade would rock the NFL, and we wouldn't be able to sneak through the under-the-surface conditional draft picks that made that deal great, but we could have one heck of a bounty. There are teams out there that would do the deal.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still of the strong belief that Rodgers wouldn't be as great as he is, had he not sat for years behind Favre - learning what to and what not to do.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts