Trade for OBJ??

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we get in contact with the Giants for the services of OBJ?? I’d be willing to give them Randall Cobb and the #14 pick for him. GB is probably the only place he can play and not get into trouble haha.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Should we get in contact with the Giants for the services of OBJ?? I’d be willing to give them Randall Cobb and the #14 pick for him. GB is probably the only place he can play and not get into trouble haha.

I'm sure he can still find a private jet to take him to Miami for weekend parties. :coffee:

Like his talent on the field and that is about it for me. I'd take a pass on bringing him to Green Bay based on the total cost and the risk side of him just becoming another Marty B. distraction. Also, what about his ankle? That was one nasty injury, will he be the same player?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no

SUGAMAN44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb plus a 3rd and 4th Round pick. Id be down for that. Offense would be insane. Unless o-line fails miserably.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a guy i'd give up anything for or want to pay a lot of money. Sure he can make a highlight reel. He also lays down when its time to rise up. When stuff got tough, he'd be the last person I'd count on.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Threads like these always tell me a lot about the underlying character of the people involved.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don’t know me...nor have you ever met me. So don’t try to speak on my “character” based off a thread, bro. I simply asked a question so you need to calm down with that.
relax Rodell.... I actually wasn't referring to you anyway. You simply posed a question.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, I keep reading media reports that claim OBJ is a bad teammate or a locker room problem but I can't actually recall any instances of him being either of those things. I guess I could see how maybe some might consider him a distraction (though I think that's a little ridiculous) but have there actually been reports of him being a bad teammate?

While I think the possibility of the Packers trading for him is just about nil, I would imagine he would actually be a nice addition for a relatively young receiving corps. From everything I've read, OBJ is one of the hardest working guys on the team and might be able to teach some of the younger receivers how hard they need to work to succeed now that Jordy is gone.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PASS! Injury prone. Bad attitude. Off the field baggage (putting it mildly). He is a special talent for sure but there are just too many negatives to even consider bringing him on. Plus, we already have a WR1 getting paid like a WR1. This clownis going to want to break the bank and tying that much money up into 2 WR's just doesn't make sense with all the help needed on the other side of the ball. My gut tells me he either stays put or heads to the circus they are putting together in LA.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol if we gave Andre Rison a chance as fans...then we should definitely give OBJ a chance, because Rison makes OBJ look like nun
And that’s the truth.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing the guy that nobody wanted and was cut free and signed mid season by the packers and retained for only that partial season had a different contract attached to him than OBJ does at 9 million and threats of not playing without a giant extension (no pun intended). plus we gave up nothing to sign rison and would have trade something valuable for and headache that needs to be dealt with

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PASS! Injury prone. Bad attitude. Off the field baggage (putting it mildly). He is a special talent for sure but there are just too many negatives to even consider bringing him on. Plus, we already have a WR1 getting paid like a WR1. This clownis going to want to break the bank and tying that much money up into 2 WR's just doesn't make sense with all the help needed on the other side of the ball. My gut tells me he either stays put or heads to the circus they are putting together in LA.

Injury prone?

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
He said he won't play unless he gets a pay increase, so I wouldn't touch him. If he said he'd play for his current deal then I would give up a small bit for him knowing that after 2018 he is likely gone for more money after his contract ends.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol if we gave Andre Rison a chance as fans...then we should definitely give OBJ a chance, because Rison makes OBJ look like nun
And that’s the truth.

I mean we didn't have to pay Rison like a top flight QB or trade high draft picks for the right to do so....... So there's that

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All other things aside, I've read he wants Antonio Brown money($17-18M a year). With our needs and overall situation, I just can't see laying out a contract like that for a WR.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All other things aside, I've read he wants Antonio Brown money($17-18M a year). With our needs and overall situation, I just can't see laying out a contract like that for a WR.
he's said he wants to be the highest paid player in the league. elite qb money. even if he'll take reg qb money ($20-25m) that's too much for the Packers without a major salary dump, plus a (rumored) trade, and our first round draft pick. forget about it.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's said he wants to be the highest paid player in the league. elite qb money. even if he'll take reg qb money ($20-25m) that's too much for the Packers without a major salary dump, plus a (rumored) trade, and our first round draft pick. forget about it.

Heh, he's waaaaay out of line.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts