• Yes

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 78.2%

• Total voters

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion Gutekunst deserves the majority of blame for the offense struggling because of a lack of talent.
Yes, I know. You have been on that tirade since the day he drafted Love. Getting old.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone has to play under the same salary cap. I remember Andrew Brandt saying that using Roger's salary has an excuse to get nothing done is just that an excuse and a lot of BS. Mahomes cost a lot of money and the same or more percentage of the cap Rogers is, yet the Chiefs keep finding ways to add on key pieces and contend for super bowls. The bottom line is this group isn't getting it done yet others are.
Yes, but the injuries on the O line and the lack intelligence on how to deal with it by the coaches is by far the worst thing that has happened to The Pack imho. W/O a functioning O line, the offense hardly stands a chance.

Reaction score
Yes, but the injuries on the O line and the lack intelligence on how to deal with it by the coaches is by far the worst thing that has happened to The Pack imho. W/O a functioning O line, the offense hardly stands a chance.
That’s really been as much our Achilles heel as anything. We’ve had more gyrations on OL than John Travolta doing the Transylvania twist

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone has to play under the same salary cap. I remember Andrew Brandt saying that using Roger's salary has an excuse to get nothing done is just that an excuse and a lot of BS. Mahomes cost a lot of money and the same or more percentage of the cap Rogers is, yet the Chiefs keep finding ways to add on key pieces and contend for super bowls.
To be fair, this is the first season in awhile that we haven't contended, although the Chiefs have gotten further than we have. Unfortunately, the team seems headed in the wrong direction at the moment. Maybe a win over the Lions will help pull them out of their spin.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So....why exactly did we extend Rodgers?

That's not hating on Rodgers by any means either; I just don't understand why we even bothered paying so much to keep him around if we're not willing to go all-in around him. If you wanted to save money and draft assets you might as well have moved on.
Some here think you don’t want to upset him so do what he wants

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They sure didn’t against the Bills. The Bills threw everything they could at GB to put them away in the second half. Yet GB held them to a FG.

We have not seen a complete game by both O AND D yet. I know Detroit isn’t a great team, but GB needs to get some confidence this week and go in there with serious intentions.
If that was the opposite.. Gb the way better team we would hear

GB sucks put them away
you almost lost this game
Why can’t GB find a good coach

You get the idea.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, I know. You have been on that tirade since the day he drafted Love. Getting old.

Actually Gutekunst continuing to neglect the lack of talent at pass catchers is getting old. In the meantime his brilliant idea of trading up for Love has worked out exactly the way I predicted back at the time it happened.

Please tell me who do you blame for the offense struggling this season?

The Packers haven't suffered any new injuries on the offensive line this season. The front office should have been aware that both Bakhtiari and Jenkins were question marks entering the season though.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I blame it mostly on the O line. And on the coaches for not realizing Jenkins should not be at R tackle for way too long and just overall not knowing who to play and where. The coaches for sure lack urgency on staying with the players that are not doing at all well. I blame it on injuries to the receivers. And I blame Rodgers for not having a good year although again, the O line and his finger and that short passing in the flat too much have a lot to do with that.

Reaction score
I blame it on injuries to the receivers.
The Packers haven't suffered any new injuries on the offensive line this season. The front office should have been aware that both Bakhtiari and Jenkins were question marks entering the season though.
@gopkrs didn’t say because of injuries to OL. Where did you get from?

It’s like you just want to argue about nothing

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only to those of you that disagree. Several of us were vehemently opposed to that pick… now that the team is paying the price I have no problem when someone points it out. You are free to continue to disagree.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I blame it on injuries to the receivers.

It’s like you just want to argue about nothing
maybe actually read what you are arguing against before you chastise someone for arguing. He most definitely did. In the first sentence no less.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only to those of you that disagree. Several of us were vehemently opposed to that pick… now that the team is paying the price I have no problem when someone points it out. You are free to continue to disagree.
And so you believe that is the complete reason for our problems today. Taking someone else with that pick would have changed everything. OK. So how much longer? When do we go with what we have? Are they not The Packers right now? Complain all you want.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And so you believe that is the complete reason for our problems today. Taking someone else with that pick would have changed everything. OK. So how much longer? When do we go with what we have? Are they not The Packers right now? Complain all you want.
Lol… I want to respond to that… but Im not sure what your point is. But to answer your question… of course it‘s not the sole reason… its just a very glaring example of a systemic problem. For Years, the Green Bay Packers have been fielding a team that is centered around having an elite future HOF QB. That being the case, there should have been an emphasis on getting and keeping top pass catchers on the team for him to throw the ball to. Instead, they chose to ignore the receiver position draft after draft…. And please don‘t start throwing the 4th 5th and 6th round development players into this conversation. That is not putting an emphasis on a position. If you want to continue to disagree… like I said before …go ahead. But don’t expect to change my mind.

Reaction score
maybe actually read what you are arguing against before you chastise someone for arguing. He most definitely did. In the first sentence no less.

I blame it mostly on the O line. And on the coaches for not realizing Jenkins should not be at R tackle for way too long and just overall not knowing who to play and where. The coaches for sure lack urgency on staying with the players that are not doing at all well.

:rolleyes:Who is chastising who @swhitset? It seems you might take your own advice and don’t be so hasty jumping in to something that wasn’t even directed at you.
Read @gopkrs post again and show me where he said injuries to the OL are the cause of our Offensive woes? It’s post #760 above and it’s just not there. Just because you make it up doesn’t make it true.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I blame it mostly on the O line. And on the coaches for not realizing Jenkins should not be at R tackle for way too long and just overall not knowing who to play and where. The coaches for sure lack urgency on staying with the players that are not doing at all well. I blame it on injuries to the receivers. And I blame Rodgers for not having a good year although again, the O line and his finger and that short passing in the flat too much have a lot to do with that.

I agree there are several reasons for the offense struggling but in general the unit lacking talent is the most pressing one. That solely falls on Gutekunst.

Post #752.

It's pretty obvious that using the most percious asset during an offseason (especially when having limited cap space) on a player who will most likely never play any meaningful snap for your team is a terrible idea.

The Packers selecting Love in the first round of the 2020 draft isn't the only reason the offense lacks talent but it doesn't make any sense to not consider it part of the reason either.

Reaction score
Post #752.
I will do 50 pushups and then 10 Hail Marys and 10 apostles Creeds and then on my way to clean the latrine.
Funny. The Lord brought me in to delete my post this morning because he said I should’ve remained silent regardless and I see that!
The least I can do is say I was wrong and I appreciate you not taking advantage of me being wrong in kind
Have a good Sabbath @captainWIMM @swhitset please accept my apology

Oh. I do agree that it’s not so much “new injuries” as ongoing ones. I get sometimes WR are hard to grab, I’m not sure why we didn’t go out and get a veteran OL like years past? I actually thought Brian would do that at deadline. I was wrong at that also

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:rolleyes:Who is chastising who @swhitset? It seems you might take your own advice and don’t be so hasty jumping in to something that wasn’t even directed at you.
Read @gopkrs post again and show me where he said injuries to the OL are the cause of our Offensive woes? It’s post #760 above and it’s just not there. Just because you make it up doesn’t make it true.
Wow … what a hypocrite… i jumped in to a post not directed at me.. What the heck do you think you did to Wimm? Second do you know how to read? Look up the definition of the word “and”.

edit… i replied before reading on to see your last post.

Reaction score
Wow … what a hypocrite… i jumped in to a post not directed at me.. What the heck do you think you did to Wimm? Second do you know how to read? Look up the definition of the word “and”.

edit… i replied before reading on to see your last post.
I guess I deserved that because I read the wrong post when responding. I need to spend more time in here :roflmao: My apologies sir. Hope you enjoy the game

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Interesting. If you believe Schefter and his sources, the Packers were actually offering the Steelers a 2nd round, as well as a late round pick. If true, the Steelers either didn't get the offer in time or they still felt the Bears 2nd was more valuable than those 2 picks.

Green Bay offered two draft picks -- its second-round pick and another late-round pick -- to Pittsburgh for Claypool, according to sources," Adam Schefter reports.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. If you believe Schefter and his sources, the Packers were actually offering the Steelers a 2nd round, as well as a late round pick. If true, the Steelers either didn't get the offer in time or they still felt the Bears 2nd was more valuable than those 2 picks.

Green Bay offered two draft picks -- its second-round pick and another late-round pick -- to Pittsburgh for Claypool, according to sources," Adam Schefter reports.
Evidently we were also talking to others.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online