Trade Deadline Targets

Would you trade a 2021 first round pick & 2022 late round pick for Julio Jones

• Yes

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 78.2%

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Evidently we were also talking to others.
I think there was more talking to themselves. Had they really wanted to get a deal done, they would have made it happen. I know many fans aren't happy, but I really can't blame Gute for not wanting to overpay for a player, that if added to this 3-5 team, probably doesn't change the direction that the Packer are currently headed in. Now last season, it would have made a lot of sense to add a WR/TE to the offense, that might have put them over the top.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. If you believe Schefter and his sources, the Packers were actually offering the Steelers a 2nd round, as well as a late round pick. If true, the Steelers either didn't get the offer in time or they still felt the Bears 2nd was more valuable than those 2 picks.

Green Bay offered two draft picks -- its second-round pick and another late-round pick -- to Pittsburgh for Claypool, according to sources," Adam Schefter reports.
Or they hated Claypool so much they thought trading him to the Bears was their revenge.

D

Deleted member 6794

Interesting. If you believe Schefter and his sources, the Packers were actually offering the Steelers a 2nd round, as well as a late round pick. If true, the Steelers either didn't get the offer in time or they still felt the Bears 2nd was more valuable than those 2 picks.

Green Bay offered two draft picks -- its second-round pick and another late-round pick -- to Pittsburgh for Claypool, according to sources," Adam Schefter reports.

After the loss to the Lions I agree the Packers trading for a player wouldn't have made any difference this season. It's getting tired that there are reports out there they have been in talks to acquire players but yet they never get anything done though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
After the loss to the Lions I agree the Packers trading for a player wouldn't have made any difference this season. It's getting tired that there are reports out there they have been in talks to acquire players but yet they never get anything done though.
Could be that the Packers organization leaked some of the "trade talks" info. just to appease their fans and players. Make it seem like they were doing everything they can to try to beef up this years roster.

I said it before the trade deadline and I will say it again, this roster needs more than just 1 of the players that was mentioned as a player of interest for the Packers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be that the Packers organization leaked some of the "trade talks" info. just to appease their fans and players. Make it seem like they were doing everything they can to try to beef up this years roster.

I said it before the trade deadline and I will say it again, this roster needs more than just 1 of the players that was mentioned as a player of interest for the Packers.

If we were healthy we should have made move, but the status of our health at OL and WR made it just not right to do….Lions game merely should confirm to the doubters that was right decision

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If we were healthy we should have made move, but the status of our health at OL and WR made it just not right to do….Lions game merely should confirm to the doubters that was right decision
Meh, that is just an excuse. The Packers were not all that good, even when healthy.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, that is just an excuse. The Packers were not all that good, even when healthy.
This - the sooner we stop lying to ourselves with things like "But if our WRs were healthy..." or whatnot, the better.

Injuries have exacerbated the issue but don't do anything to address the core of the matter: this unit as assembled simply was not (and is not) good enough, full stop.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride...

I don't know if they care too much about appeasing the fans. Ultimately I suspect we probably don't have that much influence at the end of the day. But players? I would think that if nothing else they certainly have a vested interest in making sure Rodgers feels like they are trying to surround him with quality players, given that him feeling like that wasn't the case was in no small part a contributing factor to the mess with him in the first place...

Ultimately though...I've said it before but at some point we can't keep saying "we were in talks" or "we tried to get so and so" if it never comes to fruition; at some point you have to ask how hard they are really trying in the first place. Obviously you don't want to overpay and you've got to set some limit but it sure feels like our "limit" is much, much lower than other teams who are willing to identify a player and pony up whatever it takes (within reason) to add them to their team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This - the sooner we stop lying to ourselves with things like "But if our WRs were healthy..." or whatnot, the better.

Injuries have exacerbated the issue but don't do anything to address the core of the matter: this unit as assembled simply was not (and is not) good enough, full stop.
Agreed. As much as I want to be an optimistic Packer fan, this team really isn't all that good. Why? A number of things IMO.

1. Lack of talented WR's and TE's.
2. Aging Rodgers and him not playing at a high level.
3. Offensive line. With the continues uncertainty of their 2 best OL players, Bahk and Jenkins, it has been a scramble drill each week to put together a 5 player group.
4. Coaching. Defensively, Barry has created an underachieving defense. Offensively, the Packers are disorganized and not that talented. The play calling seems predictable, yet scattered.

This isn't a matter of "getting players healthy". With all the injuries suffered yesterday, this team could be in deep crap in the next 17 days. The 6-2 Cowboys are coming off a bye, the 5-3 Titans are a pretty decent team and the undefeated Eagles will be heavy favorites to beat the Packers in Philly. Heck, even the Bears are probably excited to host the Packers and Rodgers in Dec. It won't surprise me one bit to see the Packers at 3-9 when they head to Chicago.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would think that if nothing else they certainly have a vested interest in making sure Rodgers feels like they are trying to surround him with quality players, given that him feeling like that wasn't the case was in no small part a contributing factor to the mess with him in the first place.
Yup and I didn't want to over emphasize that point, but when I mentioned "players", I thought I better not single out Rodgers and light a match on the debate around him.

All this tip toeing around Rodgers that the Packers organization seems to have been doing over the last 2+ years has gotten annoying. I get that his talent and accolades, makes him a valuable player, but if it has gotten to the point of unraveling the team as a whole, changes need to be made. I also get Rodgers frustration about the teams lack of urgency when it comes to surrounding him with better receivers, but it is his job to play football and lead the team, not make personnel decisions.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Waller or Hockenson and Moore or Jeudy would likely have been enough and been good additions for next season and beyond as well.

If I was doing the deals Id have gone Hockenson 2nd and 3rd and Moore 1st. Moore is on a very reasonable deal for a young number 1 wr and Hockenson still has at least 2023 left on his deal

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Waller or Hockenson and Moore or Jeudy would likely have been enough and been good additions for next season and beyond as well.
Been enough for what? Maybe for the future, but not this season.

Doesn't sound like the Broncos were parting with Jeudy.

Waller is still hurt and has missed eight of the past 15 games due to injury. Would not want his contract, with his injury history.

Moore was a first rounder at minimum, no thanks.

I think the Vikings got screwed with the Hockenson deal. Basically, a year and a half rental, but being a 6-1 team at the time of the trade, I can see it.

Seems like Packer fans wanted Gute to make a trade, just to make a trade. I doubt anyone in the conversation effects yesterdays outcome, nor is enough impact on the 2022 season, to warrant a lot of draft capital. Besides the Bears, seems like the teams acquiring personnel, did so to improve their 2022 season.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think the Vikings got screwed with the Hockenson deal. Basically, a year and a half rental, but being a 6-1 team at the time of the trade, I can see it.

How did the Vikings get screwed in the Hockenson deal? He will count only $500K towards their cap for the rest of the season and already caught nine passes for 70 yards in his first game with them. They have all offseason to sign him to an extension as he's under contract for the 2023 season with the fifth year option having been exercised on him.

Reaction score
I think there was more talking to themselves. Had they really wanted to get a deal done, they would have made it happen. I know many fans aren't happy, but I really can't blame Gute for not wanting to overpay for a player, that if added to this 3-5 team, probably doesn't change the direction that the Packer are currently headed in. Now last season, it would have made a lot of sense to add a WR/TE to the offense, that might have put them over the top.
I agree. If we’re were below .500 after 8 games (3-5 etc..) that’s a tough call to overspend future draft picks.
We now know it was the correct call. I no longer think it’s just a WR from holding us back. I’d rather go grab another WR/OT inside the top 50 overall or possibly Round1

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Claypool to Bears for a 2nd rounder.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

What an investment for the Bears!

He was traded today, along with a 7th round pick, for the Dolphins 6th rounder. Both picks are 2025 picks. Claypool is a FA after this season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

What an investment for the Bears!

He was traded today, along with a 7th round pick, for the Dolphins 6th rounder. Both picks are 2025 picks. Claypool is a FA after this season.

At that price I’d have been all for even seeing if he could fit here. If not cut nothing hurt

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was kind of my thought. Seemed like a bit of a cancer for Chicago but at the same time probably was right about many of his complaints/criticism… for a 6th I’d risk it

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yes. I’m a “near expert” level insulting the Chicago Bears in all various forms n fashions. It just comes so natural. A Priest once heard about my cruelty to Bears at a game and told me to go to confession. I must’ve already been inebriated because I came back to my seat with 2 Hot dogs and a Beer. I swear I thought he said “Concession”. Boy they must’ve felt sorry for me because when I kneeled to place my order? I got a discount!

Then I thought that Priest told me to go do Pennants? I ended up at the World Series Championship game that next weekend. It was sure costly, but a wonderful experience!
Because of that Priest I now practice Pennants at the close of every Baseball season

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes. I’m a “near expert” level insulting the Chicago Bears in all various forms n fashions. It just comes so natural. A Priest once heard about my cruelty to Bears at a game and told me to go to confession. I must’ve already been inebriated because I came back to my seat with 2 Hot dogs and a Beer. I swear I thought he said “Concession”. Boy they must’ve felt sorry for me because when I kneeled to place my order? I got a discount!

Then I thought that Priest told me to go do Pennants? I ended up at the World Series Championship game that next weekend. It was sure costly, but a wonderful experience!
Because of that Priest I now practice Pennants at the close of every Baseball season
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts