Would you trade a 2021 first round pick & 2022 late round pick for Julio Jones

• Yes

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 78.2%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

Define productive and relate it to all the other WR's not named Adams.

I think you and I have always been in agreement on the Packer WR room being pretty weak beyond Adams. While Cobb is not having a Pro Bowl season, neither are the "others" (Lazard, MVS, ESB, Taylor or Winfree). Cobb cost us a 6th round pick and has a cap hit of just under $2.7 M....so for me, we are getting about what we paid for and probably more when you compare him to the "other WR's".

In my opinion a lot of fans act as if Cobb has put up being numbers based on his four touchdown receptions that he has actually done (17 receptions for 194 yards in eight games).

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In my opinion a lot of fans act as if Cobb has put up being numbers based on his four touchdown receptions that he has actually done (17 receptions for 194 yards in eight games).
As opposed to the other receivers not named Adams big numbers? Cobb has only been targeted 23 times, has been out there for only 44% of the offensive plays (224). Yet, he is tied with AJ for most TD's, leads the WR's in catch % and is second in yards.

I also think as we get deeper into the season and Cobb becomes fully enmeshed into MLF's offense, he will be used more.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do a per snap breakdown and Cobb is doing well for us. Exactly wha many of us said he would be. He isn’t elite anymore but dude is solid and dependable when called on

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Do a per snap breakdown and Cobb is doing well for us. Exactly wha many of us said he would be. He isn’t elite anymore but dude is solid and dependable when called on
and being paid about what Geronimo Allison was paid in 2019. Like I said in a previous post, as long as Cobb stays healthy, I think the second half of the season will be even more productive for him. Hard to deny that he doesn't have better chemistry with Rodgers than all the other WR's not named Adams.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
how's ol' gmo doing these days?

2021 stats: played in two games, started one. 2 targets and zero receptions so far for the season.
Yes and he was considered our what......#2 WR to start the 2019 season? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: What a stellar group that was!

I think the depth chart was something like: Adams, GMO, Davis, MVS, Kumerow, Shepherd, Lazard. Fortunately, the Packers about midseason found something in Lazard to replace the huge drop off that MVS suddenly had. MVS actually started 2019 well, that all but disappeared after week 7.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think some of those relatives have either spent their lives helicopter parenting that kid and/or are probably benefitting from some of the players money. So it probably feels personal when their son or brother aren't getting the treatment they feel they deserve.
They're jerks, plain and simple. And their kids are usually just as bad.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They're jerks, plain and simple. And their kids are usually just as bad.
Like they say, "The apples usually doesn't fall that far from the tree". I hate to stereotype people, but someone I am very close to is a parenting coach and she sees this (Helicopter parenting) all the time and its negative effects. Eventually, your kid is going to be on their own, let them fall, them them fail and also let them pick themselves back up, so they know how to do all of this and have the confidence that they can.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like they say, "The apples usually doesn't fall that far from the tree". I hate to stereotype people, but someone I am very close to is a parenting coach and she sees this (Helicopter parenting) all the time and its negative effects. Eventually, your kid is going to be on their own, let them fall, them them fail and also let them pick themselves back up, so they know how to do all of this and have the confidence that they can.
All you need is Love.

D

Deleted member 6794

As opposed to the other receivers not named Adams big numbers? Cobb has only been targeted 23 times, has been out there for only 44% of the offensive plays (224). Yet, he is tied with AJ for most TD's, leads the WR's in catch % and is second in yards.

I also think as we get deeper into the season and Cobb becomes fully enmeshed into MLF's offense, he will be used more.

With MVS having been sidelined for several weeks Cobb has been the second best receiver on the Packers. That's not a ringing endorsement based on the lack of talent within the group behind Adams.

Let me be clear about it, I'm not disappointed in his performance as I wasn't expecting him to put up numbers like in 2014. In my opinion a lot of fans act as if he has produced better numbers than he actually has though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In my opinion a lot of fans act as if he has produced better numbers than he actually has though.
Again, I'm not saying that he has been having a Pro Bowl year, but in comparison to the non Davante Adams on the team, he is producing more catches, yards and TD's, while being given less snaps. Basically, I think we are getting what we paid for. On the flip side of your statement, some posters still want to say that he was a bad signing, I disagree.

D

Deleted member 6794

Again, I'm not saying that he has been having a Pro Bowl year, but in comparison to the non Davante Adams on the team, he is producing more catches, yards and TD's, while being given less snaps. Basically, I think we are getting what we paid for. On the flip side of your statement, some posters still want to say that he was a bad signing, I disagree.

Just for the record, Lazard is the only wide receiver other than Adams who has received more snaps than Cobb this season.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBJ released. Worth considering, at vet min. since Cleveland is paying the other 99% (assuming he clears waivers), with the understanding that he might see 33% of the offensive snaps AND he might receive 3 targets/game as our #4 WR? Not sure if he's got the discipline to quickly learn the playbook and earn a slight amount of trust from Love/AR? Can his (& his father's) "locker-room cancer" be dealt with for the next 14 weeks?

Last edited:

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBJ is a hell no. Dude cannot handle not being the #1 WR. Obviously there's no chance of that in GB with Adams around.

Reaction score
Just for the record, Miller will only count $700K towards the Rams' cap for this season. The Broncos agreed to pay the majority of his salary in 2021.
I know. The 8 years of Rookie salary I was referring to, was the multiple day 2 selections they forfeit for a 1/2 year rental in the trade agreement. 2 X 4seasons of rookie salary.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With MVS having been sidelined for several weeks Cobb has been the second best receiver on the Packers. That's not a ringing endorsement based on the lack of talent within the group behind Adams.

Let me be clear about it, I'm not disappointed in his performance as I wasn't expecting him to put up numbers like in 2014. In my opinion a lot of fans act as if he has produced better numbers than he actually has though.
He has disappeared a couple games. And he has had some clutch and important catches. Those are worth more than a normal catch imo. If he can continue doing what he has been doing; I'm a happy camper. Maybe Amari will see more time also.

D

Deleted member 6794

He has disappeared a couple games. And he has had some clutch and important catches. Those are worth more than a normal catch imo. If he can continue doing what he has been doing; I'm a happy camper. Maybe Amari will see more time also.

Most of Cobb's catches have been important as 13 of his 17 receptions have either resulted in a first down or a touchdown. My point is that he hasn't a lot of receptions to begin with.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of Cobb's catches have been important as 13 of his 17 receptions have either resulted in a first down or a touchdown. My point is that he hasn't a lot of receptions to begin with.
Think it might be because he typically comes in on passing downs? 2nd & long, 3rd down? He usually don't get the 5 yard quick toss because the backer is 10 yards off the line.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Think it might be because he typically comes in on passing downs? 2nd & long, 3rd down? He usually don't get the 5 yard quick toss because the backer is 10 yards off the line.
Whatever it takes. I think the point is, he has been a clutch veteran WR for the Packers, despite his limited playing time and opportunities.

D

Deleted member 6794

12 of Cobb's 23 targets have come on third and fourth down. It might be worth noting (thinking about today's game) that his longest reception this season (32 yards) has come with Love playing late vs. the Saints.

Members online