Trade Deadline Targets

Would you trade a 2021 first round pick & 2022 late round pick for Julio Jones

• Yes

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 78.2%

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I still think we can improve the team most by making the defense better, we have been getting pretty lucky on D if you ask me.
I think some is luck, but I also think much of it is the players playing much better. Clark, Keke and Lowery are doing a good job upfront. Our LB groups is playing much better and guys like Douglas and Sullivan have improved the secondary, despite injuries to Jaire and King. Could a guy like Grady Jarrett or Kyle Fuller improve the D? Probably, but not at the expense of throwing drafts picks and completely throwing our cap deeper into the fire.

I also think maybe Joe Berry's system is finally being played the way it was intended. Even though Berry wasn't there last Thursday, the players looked like they were in better positions to make tackles, defend passes, etc.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
TE makes a lot more sense as a pass catching option than WR.

Once the WR corps is at full strength, they aren't likely going to acquire a guy who would make a big impact beyond what they can get out of Adams, MVS, Lazard, and Cobb.

They do have Deguara, who they invested in, but that's not the kind of TE he is. He's an H Back. It would be like asking Kyle Jusczyk to replace George Kittle (I'm not saying that Deguara is that good-- just illustrating the difference in position).

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I still think we can improve the team most by making the defense better, we have been getting pretty lucky on D if you ask me.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I do think that the single biggest gap on the roster in the wake of Tonyan's injury is that F tight end role.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If they want a more competent blocker, which matters a lot in this offense, Hurst makes more sense than Engram.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think some is luck, but I also think much of it is the players playing much better. Clark, Keke and Lowery are doing a good job upfront. Our LB groups is playing much better and guys like Douglas and Sullivan have improved the secondary, despite injuries to Jaire and King. Could a guy like Grady Jarrett or Kyle Fuller improve the D? Probably, but not at the expense of throwing drafts picks and completely throwing our cap deeper into the fire.

I also think maybe Joe Berry's system is finally being played the way it was intended. Even though Berry wasn't there last Thursday, the players looked like they were in better positions to make tackles, defend passes, etc.
No doubt, everyone has stepped up. Lowery, for all the talk about needing a better guy has really impressed this year. No doubt that a TE is our biggest need.

Tarzan2490

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Earlier the Browns said OBJ wasn't being traded and then this...

If his father and him cause enough drama and Browns took on half his contract, could Green Bay even have a chance? No offence to MVS or Lazard I would just really like a chance to see Adams, OBJ and Cobb if GB landed him.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If his father and him cause enough drama and Browns took on half his contract, could Green Bay even have a chance? No offence to MVS or Lazard I would just really like a chance to see Adams, OBJ and Cobb if GB landed him.
No offense to Cobb but if they traded for OBJ and MVS is healthy Cobb shouldn't sniff the field

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we (Green Bay Packers) want to be involved with THAT circus?? Keep the freak show far, far away.

In other news... Henry Ruggs (LV Raiders WR) killed another driver in a drunk driving accident this morning at 3:39AM. :(
Ruggs hit other vehicle from behind, fiery crash killing other driver, Ruggs impaired & not seriously injured.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not that he is trade bait, but he may find himself soon to be unemployed and behind bars. Just so sad that people are still under the impression that drinking and driving is ok.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They would have to take on more than half of the remaining contract this year for the Packers to afford it and then they couldn't afford him next year. I don't think we are THAT desperate for a WR. I still say a FA like John Brown would be worth kicking the tires. We really don't need to replace Cobb, MVS or Lazard....its more for depth, rotation and in case of injury to one of the top 4.

Reaction score
What are we even doing drinking at
3-4am? On a Tuesday morning? Im reading that’s roughly 85% of 4-10 years prison time, if found guilty.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What are we even doing drinking at
3-4am? On a Tuesday morning? Im reading that’s roughly 85% of 4-10 years prison time, if found guilty.

...instead of having 1 more while waiting for the $25 uber to arrive. :(
Spot on both of you. I'm just shaking my head. The poor family of the deceased. As far as Ruggs being guilty or innocent, going to be hard defending what is initially being reported. Unless, its his twin brother Harold.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
difficult for me to understand this post considering how he has played so far.
Yeah, I would think actually the 3 WR's you have on the field would be Cobb in the slot, with Adams and OBJ out wide. But doesn't really matter, the Packers won't be trading for him. One side note though, if for some reason they did, there would be a lot less pressure to resign Adams and OBJ is more than $10M cheaper than what Adams will probably get.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
difficult for me to understand this post considering how he has played so far.
averaging 2 catches for 27 yards a game with 3 other WRs missing time. That's how he's played so far. If OBJ were acquired (he won't be) and everyone is healthy no he shouldn't sniff the field. I mean he still would for other reasons but he still shouldn't in that scenario

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's actually suprising how many people think Cobb has played well. He had a really good game against Pittsburgh but outside of that there hasn't been much. He simply isn't getting any kind seperation which should be apparent when the only catches he has are on highly contested balls.

Credit where credit is due on catching a couple hard catches but the man simply isn't getting open anymore

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's actually suprising how many people think Cobb has played well. He had a really good game against Pittsburgh but outside of that there hasn't been much. He simply isn't getting any kind seperation which should be apparent when the only catches he has are on highly contested balls.

Credit where credit is due on catching a couple hard catches but the man simply isn't getting open anymore
Who are you comparing him to on the Packers? I have to disagree with your assessment. He has made some clutch grabs in some games. Cincy was one of them.

While he might not be that good of a WR on another team, he is 2nd on the team (of WR's) in catches, yards and is tied with Aaron Jones for the most TD catches at 4. Cobb also has the best catch % (73.9) of ALL the Packer WR's.

Besides Adams, who is a better WR than him on the Packers?

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No trade for WR. Sign Willie Snead for the minimum. I do like Hollister.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No trade for WR. Sign Willie Snead for the minimum. I do like Hollister.
I thought the Panthers signed him to their PS? Whether he is protected or not is the next question.

I bet with the Ruggs news, the Raiders wish they held on to him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
LOL....no trades for the Packers I guess and besides cutting Jaylon Smith, they also cut LS Hunter Bradley and will go with PS LS Steven Wirtel.

Members online

Latest posts