Trade Deadline Targets

Would you trade a 2021 first round pick & 2022 late round pick for Julio Jones

• Yes

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 78.2%

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
aha! they found their scapegoat for crosby's misses.
Well I did hear after the Cincy game that there was dysfunction between the LS, the holder and Crosby. Bozo's punting has been WAY too good to release him, Crosby could have some fault in the misses, but yeah...low man on the totem pole gets the axe.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone surprised that the Packers are satisfied with the status quo? I am not saying it is a bad thing just the it is not surprising at all

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure they have identified numerous spots on the roster they could improve. But giving up the future and fitting under our current cap situation probably limits their possibilities quite a bit.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone surprised that the Packers are satisfied with the status quo? I am not saying it is a bad thing just the it is not surprising at all
I would have put money on the Packers not making any moves. The team is 7-1 with several injured players on schedule to come back. Not that they couldn't improve the team from a player standpoint its just that sitting where they are cap wise plus giving up draft picks I just didn't see it happening. You try and you kick some tires but if the deal isn't skewed in your favor you pass. I like the bottom of the roster mixing with players like Smith (even though he didn't work out) Mercilus, Douglas and guys like that. Keep trying and hope you hit someone who can help rather than deal away the future hoping you can get someone that can help.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure they have identified numerous spots on the roster they could improve. But giving up the future and fitting under our current cap situation probably limits their possibilities quite a bit.
what he said. I was typing my response when I got the notice other posts had been made.

Reaction score
aha! they found their scapegoat for crosby's misses.
I was most impressed with Bradley.
He finished his 4 year career here with
3 tackles
1 solo
0 TFL
.75 tackles annually
.25 Solo
He single handily (pun intended) nearly brought the team down (I’m sorry that was uncalled for)

NOTICE: “No Refunds” on the information.
I knew you’d be impressed and don’t hold me responsible for his whereabouts!

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who are you comparing him to on the Packers? I have to disagree with your assessment. He has made some clutch grabs in some games. Cincy was one of them.

While he might not be that good of a WR on another team, he is 2nd on the team (of WR's) in catches, yards and is tied with Aaron Jones for the most TD catches at 4. Cobb also has the best catch % (73.9) of ALL the Packer WR's.

Besides Adams, who is a better WR than him on the Packers?
MVS is pretty easily a better WR then Cobb at this point and brings a skill set that isn't capable of being filled by anyone else on the roster currently. Probably Lazard also but will give it you'd be going in between which skill set you'd prefer on the field

And yes I said he made a few clutch grabs (key word is "few"). While he was covered and the ball got forced to him. I gave him credit for that. Doesn't change that he's getting zero separation and the only time he gets a chance at the ball is when it's being forced to him and acting like a guy who is quite litertaly averaging barely over 2 catches a game is somehow making all these important plays or that he's the only one that could make them on the team is silly

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
averaging 2 catches for 27 yards a game with 3 other WRs missing time. That's how he's played so far. If OBJ were acquired (he won't be) and everyone is healthy no he shouldn't sniff the field. I mean he still would for other reasons but he still shouldn't in that scenario
He had two TDs against the Cards. Gotta count for something. Not a lot of catches but he has caught some big ones. And your stat of missing 3 receivers is deceiving. He had 5 receptions against the Cardinals. Can't see singling him out. He has shown to me that he is part of this team.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had two TDs against the Cards. Gotta count for something. Not a lot of catches but he has caught some big ones. And your stat of missing 3 receivers is deceiving. He had 5 receptions against the Cardinals. Can't see singling him out. He has shown to me that he is part of this team.
I mean I'm not sure why you think he's being singled out when I only referenced him because a poster said he thought an Adams/OBJ/Cobb trio was something he wanted to see and rebutted with he shouldnt see the field if they made a OBJ trade AND MVS was healthy.

I was responding. Not just throwing his name out there for no reason

(and no he didn't have 5 catches against Arizona. He had 3 catches for 15 yards. He had 5 targets)

Now if I were to single him out I'd say I think the best formation they can run is Adams/MVS on the outside with Dillon in the backfield and Jones in the slot running jet sweeps and the only reason we aren't ever going to see that consistently is..........

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I mean I'm not sure why you think he's being singled out when I only referenced him because a poster said he thought an Adams/OBJ/Cobb trio was something he wanted to see and rebutted with he shouldnt see the field if they made a OBJ trade AND MVS was healthy.
If the Packers got a legit #2 WR like OBJ, I just don't see a 3 WR set with Adams/OBJ and MVS as much as I would see Adams/OBJ and either Cobb or Lazard in the slot. Would it mean MVS doesn't play? Not at all, but he isn't the guy I would want lining up in the slot too often.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well Gute has been pretty busy filling needs with signing FA's and guys off of other teams PS, so no trades today wasn't that surprising, especially given the cap limitation. I do think we will see another TE brought in and if Gute had any trade talks for one, he must not have gotten the deal he wanted.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers got a legit #2 WR like OBJ, I just don't see a 3 WR set with Adams/OBJ and MVS as much as I would see Adams/OBJ and either Cobb or Lazard in the slot. Would it mean MVS doesn't play? Not at all, but he isn't the guy I would want lining up in the slot too often.
Considering the much better lineup would be either Adams and/or OBJ rotating in between slot and moving them around outside with MVS on the other side I 100% disagree.

I think you believe that Adams and OBJ somehow need to play on the outside when I'm gonna argue they'd be best being moved around. (hell much like they are now)

Not sure why you think MVS would have to be lining up in the slot or why that is in any way a better lineup then the one I mentioned

Reaction score
Considering the much better lineup would be either Adams and/or OBJ rotating in between slot and moving them around outside with MVS on the others side I 100% disagree.

I think you believe that Adams and OBJ somehow need to play on the outside when I'm gonna argue they'd be best being moved around.

Not sure why you think MVS would have to me lining up in the slot.
Or how about some 4 WR sets with Lazard starting inside a step back, as a Psuedo TE role.
Lazard is built like a small TE and is a natural blocker. Getting Bakhtiari back will open up some “best of both world” possibilities.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Considering the much better lineup would be either Adams and/or OBJ rotating in between slot and moving them around outside with MVS on the other side I 100% disagree.

I think you believe that Adams and OBJ somehow need to play on the outside when I'm gonna argue they'd be best being moved around. (hell much like they are now)

Not sure why you think MVS would have to be lining up in the slot or why that is in any way a better lineup then the one I mentioned
I think the difference between us, is our opinions on MVS, I won't try to convince you otherwise.

D

Deleted member 6794

I hope you see how these statements could contradict each other. ;)

I should have been more precise. Douglas proves it's possible to snag a player off another team's practice squad or sign someone who hasn't received playing time and have an impact for his new team but it's definitely an exception to the rule of those players mostly not performing that well.

That’s pretty aggressive. I like our more recent philosophy of searching outside players for more value. Von will be 33 years old in a few months and while he’s still a great player, that’s a really steep price for even him. That’s potentially 8 years of Rookie salary for what may be 1/2 season of great play.

The Rams have now traded away their
2022 1st round
2nd round
3rd round and

2023 1st round pick

Just for the record, Miller will only count $700K towards the Rams' cap for this season. The Broncos agreed to pay the majority of his salary in 2021.

All the Rams need to do is make another trade, giving away their (2) 5ths & 7ths and they can sit out the '22 draft. ;) They're all-in but with only $6Mil cap space (& only 41 under contract) they'll need to be extra-creative with their cap just to field a team... but yes, they are being agressive in '21.

The Rams are in a far better cap situation entering next offseason than the Packers.

Who are you comparing him to on the Packers? I have to disagree with your assessment. He has made some clutch grabs in some games. Cincy was one of them.

While he might not be that good of a WR on another team, he is 2nd on the team (of WR's) in catches, yards and is tied with Aaron Jones for the most TD catches at 4. Cobb also has the best catch % (73.9) of ALL the Packer WR's.

Besides Adams, who is a better WR than him on the Packers?

Cobb has made some important touchdown catches but other than that he hasn't been productive for the most part.

I thought the Panthers signed him to their PS? Whether he is protected or not is the next question.

Snead was signed to the Panthers' practice squad but Carolina didn't protect him from signing with another team this week.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams are in a far better cap situation entering next offseason than the Packers.
Which is why 2021 is "the last dance", as the Packers need to gut the roster & rebuild in '22 and can't afford to trade away draft picks. The top-end of the roster (cap-wise) will change significantly and a new "core group" of young players will need to develop.

D

Deleted member 6794

Which is why 2021 is "the last dance", as the Packers need to gut the roster & rebuild in '22 and can't afford to trade away draft picks. The top-end of the roster (cap-wise) will change significantly and a new "core group" of young players will need to develop.

I'm fine with the Packers not having traded away draft picks to acquire a veteran. It might be smart to make another move like signing Douglas and Mercilus to improve the roster though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s pretty aggressive. I like our more recent philosophy of searching outside players for more value. Von will be 33 years old in a few months and while he’s still a great player, that’s a really steep price for even him. That’s potentially 8 years of Rookie salary for what may be 1/2 season of great play.

The Rams have now traded away their
2022 1st round
2nd round
3rd round and

2023 1st round pick
Heard they only have one pick next year?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is doing exactly what they need him too. Provide a couple important catches each game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard they only have one pick next year?
The Rams have 4 picks in the '22 draft left after their wheeling & dealing: (1) 3rd round (comp pick), (1) 5th rounder and (2) 7th rounders. Per OTC they'll have a little over $6Mil in cap space with 41 players under contract.

Comparing to the Packers in '22: Have 1st-5th round picks, (none in 6th), and (2) 7 rounders. Packers are -$33.77Mil OVER the cap with only 39 players under contract (not under contract are significant UFA's- Adams, King, Tonyan, Sullivan, Campbell, Patrick, Lancaster, Bojorquez, MVS, Lazard, EQS, Mercilus).

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Well I did hear after the Cincy game that there was dysfunction between the LS, the holder and Crosby. Bozo's punting has been WAY too good to release him, Crosby could have some fault in the misses, but yeah...low man on the totem pole gets the axe.

I believe the ball is now in Capts court....second service. back on track.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Cobb has made some important touchdown catches but other than that he hasn't been productive for the most part.
Define productive and relate it to all the other WR's not named Adams.

I think you and I have always been in agreement on the Packer WR room being pretty weak beyond Adams. While Cobb is not having a Pro Bowl season, neither are the "others" (Lazard, MVS, ESB, Taylor or Winfree). Cobb cost us a 6th round pick and has a cap hit of just under $2.7 M....so for me, we are getting about what we paid for and probably more when you compare him to the "other WR's".

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Awww.....that`s just awful. Poor OBJ ! What is it with disgruntled relatives of NFL players getting butt hurt all the time ?.......back on topic :whistling:
I think some of those relatives have either spent their lives helicopter parenting that kid and/or are probably benefitting from some of the players money. So it probably feels personal when their son or brother aren't getting the treatment they feel they deserve.

Members online

Latest posts