• Yes

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 78.2%

• Total voters

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the team is going to be very active in trying to make one or more trades and or get a street free agent veteran. the question is what if anything will they be able to pull off.

D

Deleted member 6794

If they wanted to bring back a familiar face, Richard Rodgers could possibly be plucked off the Eagles PS.

The Eagles have protected Richard Rodgers from signing with another team this week for example though.

With the news that Z Dog is back in GB and feeling like a new man, we are now pretty loaded at OLB...Smith X 2, Gary, Merc, Garvin and Hamilton.

It's still uncertain when Z will be able to return to action though.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I like all the positions mentioned. But by far TE has become an instant priority and I’d offer that it’s not even a close debate right now.
It’s become such an important position in this league and nearly all the top contenders have a really good pass catching TE (or 2). If you think about it, Our Offense operated near its peak when Tonyan elevated his game. When Tonyan dropped off some, so did our propensity to be efficient near the end zone.

The second option for me is another bonafide WR that would demand attention from our opponent. That’s a 180 change from me wanting a Defender. Rodgers has earned the right to get a weapon without asking. That’s also a 180 change for me.
Very bad that Tonyan went down. But I am excited to see what Deguara can do.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Very bad that Tonyan went down. But I am excited to see what Deguara can do.

I think most of us have been waiting to see what he can do. ;) I am not going to get my hopes up. Seems like he is still learning the offense and at times even appears a bit lost out there. Will be interesting to see if he or Dafney get more snaps or they bring in someone else. I am hoping that missing most of his rookie season put him a year behind and he ends up being exactly what the Packers expected (or more) from a 3rd round pick, that many of us thought was picked too early. I remember one Scout said "His ceiling is modest but his floor is high."

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most of us have been waiting to see what he can do. ;) I am not going to get my hopes up. Seems like he is still learning the offense and at times even appears a bit lost out there. Will be interesting to see if he or Dafney get more snaps or they bring in someone else. I am hoping that missing most of his rookie season put him a year behind and he ends up being exactly what the Packers expected (or more) from a 3rd round pick, that many of us thought was picked too early. I remember one Scout said "His ceiling is modest but his floor is high."
He does not look real confident getting to the line. But he looks confident catching the ball.

Reaction score
I think most of us have been waiting to see what he can do. ;) I am not going to get my hopes up. Seems like he is still learning the offense and at times even appears a bit lost out there.
I think he’ll turn out quite a bit better then Sternberger :whistling:
He does not look real confident getting to the line. But he looks confident catching the ball.
Yes. If I had to pick a weakness, I’ll take lining up thats fixable.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think he’ll turn out quite a bit better then Sternberger :whistling:

Yes. If I had to pick a weakness, I’ll take lining up thats fixable.
What's so frustrating about players in their second year and older, is not knowing the plays or where to line up. That tells me that they are either dense or not studying their playbook well enough. DeGuara had almost the entire 2020 season on IR to study and watch film. Considering what these guys are paid, if they don't do that part of their job, I have no sympathy.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What's so frustrating about players in their second year and older, is not knowing the plays or where to line up. That tells me that they are either dense or not studying their playbook well enough. DeGuara had almost the entire 2020 season on IR to study and watch film. Considering what these guys are paid, if they don't do that part of their job, I have no sympathy.
Zero excuse for him not to know where he's supposed to be.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not a trade, since he is a free agent looking for a team. WR John Brown is walking around looking for a job. He was on the Broncos PS and asked to be released.

I don't know much about him as a teammate or in the locker room, but was always impressed with his abilities on the field.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a trade, since he is a free agent looking for a team. WR John Brown is walking around looking for a job. He was on the Broncos PS and asked to be released.

I don't know much about him as a teammate or in the locker room, but was always impressed with his abilities on the field.
I always liked Brown. Every time the Packers were supposed to be signing a vet WR he was always at the top of my list. Wouldn't cost us anything in trade. Most likely minimum salary at this point maybe a slight premium. Never heard anything bad about him. I think he was kind of outspoken if I recall but not in a bad way. Just had strong opinions and wasn't afraid to voice them. I could be misremembering that though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I always liked Brown. Every time the Packers were supposed to be signing a vet WR he was always at the top of my list. Wouldn't cost us anything in trade. Most likely minimum salary at this point maybe a slight premium. Never heard anything bad about him. I think he was kind of outspoken if I recall but not in a bad way. Just had strong opinions and wasn't afraid to voice them. I could be misremembering that though.
He has asked for his release from 2 teams (Raiders and Broncos) this year, when he wasn't getting playing time. I would think GB would be on his short list of teams to play for. FHOF QB, not a lot of competition for a job and still gas in his tank (31 years old) with not having played at all this season. Question is, can he mesh with #12 and pick up the offense?

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he couldn't see the field with the Broncos (especially while Jeudy was out) he isn't going to see the field with the Pack.

D

Deleted member 6794

Brown was a 1,000 yard receiver only two years ago with the Bills but I agree with Schultz that if he wasn't able to receive significant playing time with the Broncos while Jeudy was out it seems he won't be an upgrade for the Packers at this point in his career.

umm...campbell and douglas totally disagree with you...lol

The Packers signing Campbell in the offseason is a completely different situation though.

Douglas works as evidence there are players out there stuck on another team's practice squads that are capable of having an impact with another club.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If he couldn't see the field with the Broncos (especially while Jeudy was out) he isn't going to see the field with the Pack.
He was with the Broncos for 2 whole weeks, when he asked to be released. Jeudy was about to come back (did yesterday). Sutton, Jeudy and Patrick were clearly ahead of him and he didn't want to sit on the PS. Really, this is the only negative that jumps out at me with Brown, his impatience to get snaps. I hardly doubt he would be getting a ton of snaps for the Packers, until he has a decent grasp of the offense and playbook. However, I think his speed, experience and the fact that he has had a few 1000 yard seasons, gives you much better depth than Winfree or Taylor.

Brown was a 1,000 yard receiver only two years ago with the Bills but I agree with Schultz that if he wasn't able to receive significant playing time with the Broncos while Jeudy was out it seems he won't be an upgrade for the Packers at this point in his career.

Douglas works as evidence there are players out there stuck on another team's practice squads that are capable of having an impact with another club.
I hope you see how these statements could contradict each other. ;)

Brown doesn't want to sit on a PS, he wants to play. Whether he would or not with the Packers would be up to him and the guys ahead of him. IMO, he would be pushing MVS and Lazard for snaps.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is how you do it when a team is all in on winning a Super Bowl....

According to multiple reports, the Denver Broncos are trading 8-time Pro Bowl edge rusher Von Miller to the Los Angeles Rams for second and third round picks in 2022. Denver agreed to pick up $9 million of Miller's remaining $9.7 million salary for 2021 as well, so no cap space will be freed up for the Broncos.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

According to multiple reports, the Denver Broncos are trading 8-time Pro Bowl edge rusher Von Miller to the Los Angeles Rams for second and third round picks in 2022. Denver agreed to pick up $9 million of Miller's remaining $9.7 million salary for 2021 as well, so no cap space will be freed up for the Broncos.
Yikes....The Rams just got better on Defense and they already were rather scary on defense! They come to Green Bay on the 28th, after their bye week! :(

Odd that Sportrac has his 2021 (final contact year) as only $722K on the Cap.

EDIT: I think Sportrac has already updated his situation to reflect the hit on the Rams.

Last edited:
Reaction score

That’s pretty aggressive. I like our more recent philosophy of searching outside players for more value. Von will be 33 years old in a few months and while he’s still a great player, that’s a really steep price for even him. That’s potentially 8 years of Rookie salary for what may be 1/2 season of great play.

The Rams have now traded away their
2022 1st round
2nd round
3rd round and

2023 1st round pick

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That’s pretty aggressive. I like our more recent philosophy of searching outside players for more value. Von will be 33 years old in a few months and while he’s still a great player, that’s a really steep price for even him.
and possibly just the rest of the season rental to boot! Unless they got him to sign a new contract. I wouldn't want to see the Packers gut their next draft like that.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the Rams need to do is make another trade, giving away their (2) 5ths & 7ths and they can sit out the '22 draft. ;) They're all-in but with only $6Mil cap space (& only 41 under contract) they'll need to be extra-creative with their cap just to field a team... but yes, they are being agressive in '21.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
All the Rams need to do is make another trade, giving away their (2) 5ths & 7ths and they can sit out the '22 draft. ;) They're all-in but with only $6Mil cap space (& only 41 under contract) they'll need to be extra-creative with their cap just to field a team... but yes, they are being agressive in '21.
All it takes is Matthew Stafford going down and good bye 2021 and all those picks. That said, Stafford has to be drooling with all the weapons he has, as well as watching his defense play. Talking about going from rags (Lions) to riches (Rams).

Reaction score
If we get Bakhtiari, Alexander, Za’Darius and maybe add 1 more mid level veteran at TE or similar? We can beat the Rams.

Heck, we might beat the Rams without Z or J’aire. Nobody counted us in @Arizona either. We’re still a month away, hope we remain healthy and net another starter or three

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has asked for his release from 2 teams (Raiders and Broncos) thus year, when he wasn't getting playing time. I would think GB would be on his short list of teams to play for. FHOF QB, not a lot of competition for a job and still gas in his tank (31 years old) with not having played at all this season. Question is, can

didn't john brown's baby have a cold upon his chest?
First gave you a like but had to change it. That's just funny to me for some reason.

Reaction score
All it takes is Matthew Stafford going down and good bye 2021 and all those picks. That said, Stafford has to be drooling with all the weapons he has, as well as watching his defense play. Talking about going from rags (Lions) to riches (Rams).
Stafford was smart to run from the Lions

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts