TNF: Green Bay goes to Seattle

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is an average receiver at this point in his career but he was a young, elite one when Thompson re-signed him in 2014.
agreed. and what do average wr's make in the nfl? $10-ish? he's right where he needs to be people at $9,468,750. don't be haters folks. he was a good signing. he was trending up. i don't hear anyone complaining about Rodgers, who they broke the bank for before they had to, and he's trending down.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Cobb is very close to AR, just had a baby, and has been in Green Bay a long time.

I can see him taking a pretty dramatic pay cut in order to stay, and I really don't see other teams in the league breaking the bank for him. Just a hunch though. The same exact thing could be said for Jordy and we know how that turned out.
Rodgers' affinity for a player has not proven to have much affect on their retention, from Scott Wells up through Nelson.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our young receivers look good, let Cobb go after this season. Draft Hockenson so we have a young good tight end, Graham isn't doing much.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Prediction:

Green Bay Packers 27
Seattle Seahawks 20

FINAL
I like this score and thought of something along those lines the past few days.

It's unrealistic in my opinion to expect the Packers to go into Seattle and dismantle them the way they did at Lambeau in 2016. The Seahawks have sort of come back to life, and it's difficult to win there. They have lost two games at home this year, but to legitimate competition (Rams, Chargers).

Also, the Seahawks have yet to lose a game by more than one score this season. It would take a remarkable effort from the Packers offense to change that tonight.

Additionally, since the start of the 2012 season, the Seahawks have only lost 3 (!!!) regular season games by double digits. The good news? One of the was a 42-7 drumming last year at the hands of the Rams, and the other two have been courtesy of the Green Bay Packers (27-17 in 2015, 38-10 in 2016).

Though both of those games were at Lambeau, I think the Packers have sort of figured out how to play against the Seahawks and I think there's been a little extra incentive against them since the 2014 NFCCG debacle.

So that being said, I'm going to go with 27-23 Packers.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rapoport says that Trevor Davis has been activated from IR and may help in the return game.

Also says that teams had interest in him around the trade deadline, FWIW.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 27 Seattle 16.
1. AR has an good but not great game. Takes the under neat stuff to convert the 3 rd downs.
2. Jones has a good game, not great but rushes for 100 +.
3. Defense has been trending upward so they will take another step upwand and will have their best game to date containing both the rushing game and passing game to average yards.
4. We are better without Cobb....Both rookies are better and will make key plays.
5. The one I'm worried about the most is the ST. If they just play average and do nothing stupid we should be OK.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is very close to AR, just had a baby, and has been in Green Bay a long time.

I can see him taking a pretty dramatic pay cut in order to stay, and I really don't see other teams in the league breaking the bank for him. Just a hunch though. The same exact thing could be said for Jordy and we know how that turned out.

I think Jordy would have had even more incentive to stay than Cobb will have.

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our inactives for tonight.....C.J. Prosise
Neiko Thorpe
Delano Hill
K.J. Wright
Ethan Pocic
Dion Jordan
Poona Ford

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers Inactives: No real surprises, at least 3 of them didn't make the trip and all but Boyle and Light are hurt.

Tim Boyle QB
Kentrell Brice SS
Randall Cobb WR
Kevin King CB
Alex Light OG
Lucas Patrick OG
Nick Perry OLB

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck tonight Seahawk. I absolutely love Russell. After watching him as a Badger my biggest fear was he would not be given a fair chance because of his size. He went to the right place. Unless he is on at the same time as the Pack, I always make it a point to watch his games.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Almost forgot.....tonight is the Packers "Color Rush" game! :cry::poop:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are going with the color rush home blue. Good luck to you all too. Hope for no injuries.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Retrospect, I hate The Packers Thursday Night Uniforms. I wish they were all green instead of white.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are Seattle allowed to wear their Home Uniforms on Thursday?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know Wilson is going to target Baldwin. That's his go to guy. -_-

Members online

Latest posts