Titans at Packers [sun 12/27 @ 8:20pm]

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
No doubt Henry is going to get some yards, but the defense can't just be focused on him or Tannehill will light us up. Henry is a beast, leads the NFL in yards, but he also has a lot more carries than most backs (#1 @321 carries). He is only 13th in yds/carry. Not his style particularly, but his value to his team reminds me of Dalvin Cook. Fortunately, the Packers don't have to be as concerned about Henry as a receiver than they do with Cook.

I predict a high scoring game and the team with the least amount of turnovers wins.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt Henry is going to get some yards, but the defense can't just be focused on him or Tannehill will light us up. Henry is a beast, leads the NFL in yards, but he also has a lot more carries than most backs (#1 @321 carries). He is only 13th in yds/carry. Not his style particularly, but his value to his team reminds me of Dalvin Cook. Fortunately, the Packers don't have to be as concerned about Henry as a receiver than they do with Cook.

I predict a high scoring game and the team with the least amount of turnovers wins.

And special teams breaks. If I'm LaFleur I might think about trying to steal a possession or two by kicking a surprise onside kick or calling a fake punt. Course then again Menenga may be too inept to conduct that in a practice.

Sevenfeet

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Henry can't really be stopped but the formula for bottling him up is to slash into the backfield and tie up his legs before he gets a head of steam (first couple of steps). If you don't do that and he gets to the second level then look out. Hitting him at that point often fails the first time. If you counted only the yards after contact, he'd still be third in the league for rushing.

And yes, Henry's not as much a receiving threat but the Titans have been working in some screen passes and swing passes to him this year and they are getting better at it. One swing pass in overtime versus Houston iced that game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Henry can't really be stopped but the formula for bottling him up is to slash into the backfield and tie up his legs before he gets a head of steam (first couple of steps).

He's a load alright. I still think that club he swings and calls a stiff arm should be outlawed. ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

And special teams breaks. If I'm LaFleur I might think about trying to steal a possession or two by kicking a surprise onside kick or calling a fake punt. Course then again Menenga may be too inept to conduct that in a practice.

The new kickoff rules introduced in 2018 have made successful surprise onside kicks significantly more difficult.

With the receiving team having to set up at least eight players in a 15-yard setup zone between the kicking team's 45-yard line and its own 40 it decreases the likelihood of surprise onside kicks since so many return team members are forced into an area so close to the neutral zone.

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This looks like it will be a shoot out. Tennessee has alot of weapons besides Henry. Tannehill is a top-10 QB. AJ Brown and Corey Davis are quality receivers.

Rodgers should be able to move the ball. Titans don't rush the passer and secondary is shaky. I thought the Lions ran the ball on them pretty well.

This may be a 38-35 type game. Just hope the D can get a couple of big stops or turnovers. Packers have an advantage with Crosby. Gostkowski has been kind of shaky this year.

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like a pretty good score prediction @ 38-35. Vikings and Saints Defences tonight were in a real Christmas giving spirit. Defence! If you can call it that is one way the NFL has changed.

Packers and the Titans should score well. 3 more for the Pack sounds proper.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Williams won't be playing so I am hoping they can use Dillon a bunch. Jones has been used sparingly all season long. I don't see a reason to switch that up unless Dillon goes nowhere on at least 5 tries or doesn't hold on to the ball with conviction.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Once again, the Packers have had what I would term a pretty "healthy season" despite COVID being tossed in on top of the normal seasonal injuries, bumps and bruises.

The Packers have removed 16 players from the injury report who are expected to be available: linebacker Krys Barnes (eye), long snapper Hunter Bradley (illness), linebacker Rashan Gary (hip), running back Aaron Jones (toe), cornerback Kevin King (groin), receiver Allen Lazard (core/wrist), tight end Marcedes Lewis (knee), guard Lucas Patrick (toe), linebacker Randy Ramsey (neck), defensive lineman Anthony Rush (illness), punter JK Scott (right quadricep), linebacker Za'Darius Smith (ankle/thumb/neck), receiver Equanimeous St. Brown (knee), guard Simon Stepaniak (knee), cornerback Chandon Sullivan (hip), receiver Malik Taylor (hamstring), and tackle Rick Wagner (knee).

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, the Packers have had what I would term a pretty "healthy season" despite COVID being tossed in on top of the normal seasonal injuries, bumps and bruises.

The Packers have removed 16 players from the injury report who are expected to be available: linebacker Krys Barnes (eye), long snapper Hunter Bradley (illness), linebacker Rashan Gary (hip), running back Aaron Jones (toe), cornerback Kevin King (groin), receiver Allen Lazard (core/wrist), tight end Marcedes Lewis (knee), guard Lucas Patrick (toe), linebacker Randy Ramsey (neck), defensive lineman Anthony Rush (illness), punter JK Scott (right quadricep), linebacker Za'Darius Smith (ankle/thumb/neck), receiver Equanimeous St. Brown (knee), guard Simon Stepaniak (knee), cornerback Chandon Sullivan (hip), receiver Malik Taylor (hamstring), and tackle Rick Wagner (knee).
That’s quite a list... the question is how many of those injuries are going to affect their play on the field?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That’s quite a list... the question is how many of those injuries are going to affect their play on the field?

Hopefully, very few, but yes, that nagging "groin injury" that a player has, is more likely to take him out during a game, so they do matter. That said, it does look like a pretty "normal list" of all those things that teams include on their injury reports, the Titans had a similar one. The season takes a toll on players and the list seems to get a little longer each week.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Hopefully, very few, but yes, that nagging "groin injury" that a player has, is more likely to take him out during a game, so they do matter. That said, it does look like a pretty "normal list" of all those things that teams include on their injury reports, the Titans had a similar one. The season takes a toll on players and the list seems to get a little longer each week.
Not to mention LaFleur has had the tendency to list even the slightest of injuries on the report, making it look worse than it is. At least in my view.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not to mention LaFleur has had the tendency to list even the slightest of injuries on the report, making it look worse than it is. At least in my view.

Not sure if that is due to the league policy becoming more strict on the listing of injuries or someone on the Packers being more thorough?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kind of glad that I am not going to the game Sunday night, although, I guess I could have slept in my truck afterwards. Driving to and from games, at night, right after or during a snow fall is just not my idea of fun.

a "sticking snowfall" on Sunday afternoon and evening could produce an additional 1" - 3" in total, to spots where snow has been sparse so far this winter. The timing will have this snow lingering during the Sunday night Packers' game at Lambeau Field against the Tennessee Titans.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Kind of glad that I am not going to the game Sunday night, although, I guess I could have slept in my truck afterwards. Driving to and from games, at night, right after or during a snow fall is just not my idea of fun.

a "sticking snowfall" on Sunday afternoon and evening could produce an additional 1" - 3" in total, to spots where snow has been sparse so far this winter. The timing will have this snow lingering during the Sunday night Packers' game at Lambeau Field against the Tennessee Titans.
A truck? Worried about snow.

Members online

Latest posts