Titans at Packers [sun 12/27 @ 8:20pm]

Sevenfeet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've been going through a lot in the last 48 hours down here in Music City. It'll be nice to settle in and watch a football game and forget our troubles for a few hours.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A truck? Worried about snow.
Even though it’s rarely needed anymore, all vehicles get blizzaks every winter at this house. Was going to try some continental Viking tracs last year but they had trouble getting them and stuck with blizzaks again.

When everyone else is slipping around we’re in control. Last year after Seattle playoff game snow started falling. It was beautiful gentle snow :) it also got pretty slippery. For everyone else.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A truck? Worried about snow.
Have you seen 41 and 151 out of Green Bay and pretty much all the way to Beaver Dam after a Packer game? It's bad enough during good weather, snow/ice on the road slows it down to a crawl. Doesn't matter if I was driving a snow plow, its slow as hell.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you seen 41 and 151 out of Green Bay and pretty much all the way to Beaver Dam after a Packer game? It's bad enough during good weather, snow/ice on the road slows it down to a crawl. Doesn't matter if I was driving a snow plow, its slow as hell.
have driven home few times to milwaukee....for me it Isnt a bother if I keep safe distance im OK.

I used to side roads all way to appleton to avoid freeway

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While everyone was crawling I was pretty much on my own going the speed limit. I drove further but barely took any more time than a normal trip.

for me, snow is good. It keeps people on the beaten path.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
have driven home few times to milwaukee....for me it Isnt a bother if I keep safe distance im OK.

I used to side roads all way to appleton to avoid freeway

Never have had to travel to or from Milwaukee for a Packer game, so I can't relate to your experience. All I know is that the route back to Madison, at night and when snowing is an extra 1-3 hrs. and its basically bumper to bumper until Beaver Dam. Hell, just getting out of Green Bay takes forever sometimes, but that also isn't as dependent on the weather.

Waze has its benefits with taking you on side roads and around heavy traffic, but that still doesn't guarantee the road conditions or prevent that guy that just hangs on your bumper because he needs to get around you to speed up to do the same thing to the car that is 3 car lengths ahead of you.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Never have had to travel to or from Milwaukee for a Packer game, so I can't relate to your experience. All I know is that the route back to Madison, at night and when snowing is an extra 1-3 hrs. and its basically bumper to bumper until Beaver Dam. Hell, just getting out of Green Bay takes forever sometimes, but that also isn't as dependent on the weather.

Waze has its benefits with taking you on side roads and around heavy traffic, but that still doesn't guarantee the road conditions or prevent that guy that just hangs on your bumper because he needs to get around you to speed up to do the same thing to the can that is 3 car lengths ahead of you.
Ive found a house on a main road on south end few blocks down, where I can park facing the street..easy out

I normally like to hang out a little and let traffic die down. normally a hour or so works for me.

Im not saying its a cake walk.

Again FOR ME, Im good with it.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of glad that I am not going to the game Sunday night, although, I guess I could have slept in my truck afterwards. Driving to and from games, at night, right after or during a snow fall is just not my idea of fun.

a "sticking snowfall" on Sunday afternoon and evening could produce an additional 1" - 3" in total, to spots where snow has been sparse so far this winter. The timing will have this snow lingering during the Sunday night Packers' game at Lambeau Field against the Tennessee Titans.

Driving to and from the game in the snow might not be fun but I've had a lot of fun at Lambeau in the snow over the years. In 1985 my hubby and I took a bus from a neighborhood bar to that blizzard bowl against Tampa Bay. It was a blast!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aww ****! There's going to be wind! And we all know how we've struggled in windy games!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ive found a house on a main road on south end few blocks down, where I can park facing the street..easy out

I normally like to hang out a little and let traffic die down. normally a hour or so works for me.

Im not saying its a cake walk.

Again FOR ME, Im good with it.

Now THAT is my kind of parking spot! I am at the mercy of a buddy of mine who holds the season tickets. Many years ago he found a house to park right next to the stadium. The owners throw a big party before and after every game and I think probably spend more money on food and drink than they take in. Its awesome though, lots of friendly people, great food and drink. Problem is after the game, due to its location next to the stadium, you are probably the last out of Green Bay. I have convinced my buddy to do what you do, hang out for an hour or so and let traffic clear a bit. There is still food, drink and a big screen. Now when the game ends at say 10:30, the merits of hanging for an hour are harder to convince him of. All that said, he confided in me after the Seahawks game last year that he prefers going to games with me, since his wife always wants to leave well before the end of the game, just to try and avoid traffic. LOL I have NEVER understood that mentality! Its a game, its an event, you don't leave before the movie is over or before the band plays its last song?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aww ****! There's going to be wind! And we all know how we've struggled in windy games!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I think that wind is fine..I believe I heard rodgers say after 20 mph its a little harder to throw..the past windy games this year has been over 30 gusting

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that wind is fine..I believe I heard rodgers say after 20 mph its a little harder to throw..the past windy games this year has been over 30 gusting
I was going to say, 10-15, no big deal, 20 may have some, but it will be minor for Rodgers. It's not the sustained 25+ with gusts going another 15 higher we had for those 2 earlier games.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I was going to say, 10-15, no big deal, 20 may have some, but it will be minor for Rodgers. It's not the sustained 25+ with gusts going another 15 higher we had for those 2 earlier games.
Just means we'll see more quick strikes. Rodgers has the velocity to zip short throws through heavy wind, or at least negate a lot of the impact of the wind. All things considered, this is a good thing for Green Bay.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me silly for trusting Rodgers more than Tannehill with the elements at Lambeau Field. ;)
I never said I trusted Tannehill over Rodgers. I simply pointed out that we struggled in windy games so far.

That's a relief. Here's hoping Rodgers throws for 6 to 7 TDs! XD

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Wind and bad weather favor the Titans and their running game.
You do realize Aaron Jones is no slouch in the running game and the Packers also have a top 10 running game based on yards per attempt. Titans def is just so bad against the pass that teams don't run much against them.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You do realize Aaron Jones is no slouch in the running game and the Packers also have a top 10 running game based on yards per attempt. Titans def is just so bad against the pass that teams don't run much against them.

Agree. I mean Derrick Henry is a beast and he is going to get his yards, but I look for Rodgers and the offense to light up the Titan Defense. This could be a track meet with the team that commits the fewest turnovers winning.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm glad the Packers are also getting a game with nasty elements. Could bode well as an experience to use in the postseason.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is a bad matchup, but I'm going to go against my gut. I see the Packers making one more play, and Mason wins it with the last second fuel goal in a tight great back and forth game.
Packers,34-31

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New poster here..doing my bob tonyon intro.
Anybody know if Anthony Rush is playing tonight? Would be a good game to get him some reps.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Snow coming down sideways in Green Bay right now :eek:

Will be interesting to see what conditions are like at kickoff.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've been going through a lot in the last 48 hours down here in Music City. It'll be nice to settle in and watch a football game and forget our troubles for a few hours.

I’m sure it’s been difficult dealing with what happened in your city. We’ve sadly become numb to these things unless it happens in your town. I’m hoping for a big Packer win tonight but I support the people of Nashville as you deal with this incident.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a good ol fashioned game that benefits the running team...tn runs at lancaster and the pack's idiot dc plays zone: tn 45 gb 28.....but..if the pack loads the box and plays man....tn 30 gb 33.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This is a game where you allocate all of your resources toward attempting to stop Derrick Henry, and then make Tannehill prove that he can slice you up in blustery, windy, cold conditions. And if he burns us a couple times, regroup and readjust. But that should be the focus initially, IMO.

Put Jaire on A. Brown.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts