Last 5 games:

W vs Lions 46-25
W vs Jaguars 31-10
L vs Browns 35-41
W vs Colts 45-26
W vs Ravens 35-24

+ For the Pack: sub par pass rush
- for the Pack: Derrick Henry!

They have been consistently putting up 30+ points against all teams. With our D it stands to reason the trend will continue. Our O needs to be on top and not slack off in 2nd half as usual.

I'd put us as underdogs, but still think we can win.

Betting:

Moneyline: TEN: (+160) | GB: (-190)
Spread: TEN: +4 (-110) | GB: -4 (-110)
* Not to be trusted for actually placing bets.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Packers clinch the #1 seed in the NFC with a win AND a Rams victory over the Seahawks.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This looks like it will be a shoot out. Tennessee has alot of weapons besides Henry. Tannehill is a top-10 QB. AJ Brown and Corey Davis are quality receivers.

Rodgers should be able to move the ball. Titans don't rush the passer and secondary is shaky. I thought the Lions ran the ball on them pretty well.

This may be a 38-35 type game. Just hope the D can get a couple of big stops or turnovers. Packers have an advantage with Crosby. Gostkowski has been kind of shaky this year.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This looks like it will be a shoot out. Tennessee has alot of weapons besides Henry. Tannehill is a top-10 QB. AJ Brown and Corey Davis are quality receivers.

Rodgers should be able to move the ball. Titans don't rush the passer and secondary is shaky. I thought the Lions ran the ball on them pretty well.

This may be a 38-35 type game. Just hope the D can get a couple of big stops or turnovers. Packers have an advantage with Crosby. Gostkowski has been kind of shaky this year.

I'm more concerned about the offense going full stinko again in 2nd halfs. Gotta stop now and demand that the guys put up 40-50 points this game.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm worried about Henry running roughshod over the Packers defense. The offense should be able to score on them though.

Therefore I fully expect the game to be a high scoring affair.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cringe to think of Kevin King trying to tackle Henry. Go for his ankles, only chance you have.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd argue this should come down to whose weak defense makes the fewest mistakes. Neither team has a stout defense...we need our big playmakers to make a few and we have a shot.

*May not matter if we dwindle in the second half like we have been though....

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The NFL is incredibly hard to predict. The eye ball test for me indicates that the Packers will get easily beat. There's a significant sample size of data though and looking at the numbers it looks more likely that this will be a back and forth battle. The Titans defense ranks 21st in the league tied with the Eagles. They have also given up 45 TD's on the season compared to Green Bays 39. That means that in scoring defense the Titans rank 24th. That kind of favors the Packers. There is not a huge discrepancy between the teams though.

The Packers slipped to the #2 spot in offense this past weak with the Chiefs at #1 now. The Titans rank at #11, but we all know they run the ball more, which can make offensive stats seem lower. They have 22 rushing TD's on the season only 2nd to the Saints. Stats aside, I think we all know that it is going to be which team can contain either Rodgers or Henry. A turnover could decide this. My hope is my gut is wrong and we avoid getting pounded by Henry with the soft defense we have.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My game plan would be eliminate special team mistakes (if you can) and focus on stopping Henry. Load up the box if you have to and take your chances with Tannehill. If we allow Henry to run all over us, time will be an issue and will limit our possessions. They may get some big passing plays, but we have to give our offense a chance to keep pace. Can't make turnovers of course for the same possession reasons. Tall order for us this week. It will be a good test to see if we are truly playoff ready.

Sevenfeet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL is incredibly hard to predict. The eye ball test for me indicates that the Packers will get easily beat. There's a significant sample size of data though and looking at the numbers it looks more likely that this will be a back and forth battle. The Titans defense ranks 21st in the league tied with the Eagles. They have also given up 45 TD's on the season compared to Green Bays 39. That means that in scoring defense the Titans rank 24th. That kind of favors the Packers. There is not a huge discrepancy between the teams though.

The Packers slipped to the #2 spot in offense this past weak with the Chiefs at #1 now. The Titans rank at #11, but we all know they run the ball more, which can make offensive stats seem lower. They have 22 rushing TD's on the season only 2nd to the Saints. Stats aside, I think we all know that it is going to be which team can contain either Rodgers or Henry. A turnover could decide this. My hope is my gut is wrong and we avoid getting pounded by Henry with the soft defense we have.

Greetings from Nashville,

This is going to be an interesting game. On the surface, the advantage is going to be to the Packers. It's at home (Lambeau in December), and AR is playing some of his best football ever, a MVP candidate. Green Bay will be playing for #1 seed in the NFC. On the other hand, the Titans are playing their arguably their best offense in the history of the Oilers/Titans franchise. Tannehill is playing excellent football and has a shot at the franchise passing TD single season record. His primary receivers (A J Brown and Corey Davis) are dangerous weapons who can always score after the catch. And then there's Derrick Henry who is aiming for a 2000 yard season. He needs an average of 160 yards for the last two games and this is completely doable. Henry literally posterizes grown men by throwing them with his signature stiff-arm. He had 147 yards and a rushing TD yesterday for a game where he wasn't considered the best thing on the field for the offense that day (Tannehill has 3 passings TDs and 2 rushing TDs).

The Titans' downside? The defense is middling at best. While we have some great talents here and there, we have too many holes this year in terms of talent in the secondary. We have an awful time getting off the field on third down, even for 3 and 10 or more. We're better in the red zone but against elite QBs, "bend but don't break" often doesn't work well here.

For special teams, Brett Kern is the best punter in the league. Gostkowski began the year awful in field goal kicks but has smoothed out as the year has progressed. Our return guys are ok...no one is going to break one for the house.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings from Nashville,

This is going to be an interesting game. On the surface, the advantage is going to be to the Packers. It's at home (Lambeau in December), and AR is playing some of his best football ever, a MVP candidate. Green Bay will be playing for #1 seed in the NFC. On the other hand, the Titans are playing their arguably their best offense in the history of the Oilers/Titans franchise. Tannehill is playing excellent football and has a shot at the franchise passing TD single season record. His primary receivers (A J Brown and Corey Davis) are dangerous weapons who can always score after the catch. And then there's Derrick Henry who is aiming for a 2000 yard season. He needs an average of 160 yards for the last two games and this is completely doable. Henry literally posterizes grown men by throwing them with his signature stiff-arm. He had 147 yards and a rushing TD yesterday for a game where he wasn't considered the best thing on the field for the offense that day (Tannehill has 3 passings TDs and 2 rushing TDs).

The Titans' downside? The defense is middling at best. While we have some great talents here and there, we have too many holes this year in terms of talent in the secondary. We have an awful time getting off the field on third down, even for 3 and 10 or more. We're better in the red zone but against elite QBs, "bend but don't break" often doesn't work well here.

For special teams, Brett Kern is the best punter in the league. Gostkowski began the year awful in field goal kicks but has smoothed out as the year has progressed. Our return guys are ok...no one is going to break one for the house.

For the #1 seed this game doesn't matter. Seahawks win out we have to beat the Bears to beat them in the tie breaker with them. Saints win out, we just need one win to beat them...

BUT Titans I bet enter game the favorites and honestly it is well deserved. AJ and Corey are better than ANY WR/TE we have not named Adams and would start on any roster....throw in oh the best RB currently in the game and it makes sense.

Both teams defenses are their weak spots. I don't expect either defense to shut the other offense down - I think it will be which defenses has the big plays or one crucially timed turnover that wins.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
For the #1 seed this game doesn't matter. Seahawks win out we have to beat the Bears to beat them in the tie breaker with them. Saints win out, we just need one win to beat them...

BUT Titans I bet enter game the favorites and honestly it is well deserved. AJ and Corey are better than ANY WR/TE we have not named Adams and would start on any roster....throw in oh the best RB currently in the game and it makes sense.

Both teams defenses are their weak spots. I don't expect either defense to shut the other offense down - I think it will be which defenses has the big plays or one crucially timed turnover that wins.
Pack favorite by 4

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how the gamblers feel, nor do I care, all I know is I'm confident we're capable of winning this game, but I wouldn't put us as clear favorites by any means. It's going to take a very good game and if it's not, we could get run right out of Lambeau.

Sevenfeet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect at best that to be less than 2 points by the time kickoff is if stays in our favor....I wouldn't be shocked if TN opens favorite. (<---Meant by kickoff)

The only way we open as the favorite is if AR isn't playing.

Members online