Time Capsule, 1992... Postgame Bengals vs GB

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
There is a neat clip (couple of minutes) posted in this article, but like they say below it is a weird look back in a time capsule to how it all turns out.

Note Favre's comments on a backup QB, and I actually enjoyed Buddy Ryan talking about the X's and O's.

Yes it could be posted in the videos, but since it is the offseason I figured why not put it in here for more noticeable.

I enjoyed it, hopefully you do as well. ;)

BTW, so there is no discussion about it, I seen it on another site and posted it here. Thanks to a gent in Purple.

Linkage..

First, there's seeing O.J. Simpson as a studio analyst. Then there's Bob Costas telling the viewers at home that Brett Favre is a "second-year man from Southern Mississippi," and explaining the correct pronunciation of his last name, because viewers wouldn't have known who he was.

There's also the fact that Jim Lampley is the play-by-play man during the game, the fact that Favre has a much thicker Southern accent than he does now, and the fact that the TV analysts are talking about the Packers losing Don Majkowski and having to replace him with Favre like it's a going to be bad news in Green Bay.

But my favorite part is when Simpson starts talking about how he played against Mike Holmgren in high school. Who knew?

Rilamann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad you guys enjoyed the clip,im actually the one who uploaded it on to youtube.

I collect Packer games & shows as a hobby and I plan uploading more classic clips to share with all the Packer fans out there,if any of you guys have a youtube account feel free to add me on there,that way you can get updates in your email when I upload new clips.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Glad you guys enjoyed the clip,im actually the one who uploaded it on to youtube.

I collect Packer games & shows as a hobby and I plan uploading more classic clips to share with all the Packer fans out there,if any of you guys have a youtube account feel free to add me on there,that way you can get updates in your email when I upload new clips.

On that note, thank you... I honestly did enjoy the clip. Do you happen to have any clips of the "instant replay"... especially one of Ditka going off and turning 5 shades of red. Classic.

Thanks again.

Rilamann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Problem,I do have the instant replay game on DVD but I don't have any highlights or clips from it just the game itself.

Just to play it safe I stick with the highlights and interviews and things like that on youtube,anytime you put clips of actual games on youtube they get removed.

Here are the NFL primetime hihglights I uploaded of the Steelers@Packers in 1992...Favre's first NFL start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1P4q483TH0&feature=related

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Well I was talking about just the highlights of that game.. something of a sportcenter clip.. I have the 95' 96' and 97 seasons all on tape for my own personal enjoyment. ;)

Rilamann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you where talking about highlights I was just saying I dont have the highlgihts but i'd be willing to upload the the final few plays of the game if the NFL didnt get their ******* in a bunch over game clips.

So you do have all the games from '95 & '97? if you have these games maybe we could work out a trade.

Vikings@Packers
Packers@Buccaneers
Packers@Saints

Bucaneers@Packers
Packers@Lions
Packers@Colts

My copies of those games arent the greatest quality and I wouldnt mind upgrading if you have high quality copies.

I'd also like to get any post game and pre game shows from 95' 96 & '97 that I dont have so if you have any let me know.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Well let me dig them out this weekend and I will see what quality they are.. back in the day VHS was high tech. LOL. But I would be willing to work something out. ;)

Rilamann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool,a few of those games im looking for are losses though so hopefully you didnt record over them. :p

Im not nessacarily into collecting Packer losses but I collect the complete seasons (even losses) from the Favre years.I'd compare it to collecting a a set of baseball cards and a loss is like a common card thats not worth much but you still want it to complete the set.

I have most of Favre's games but there are a few i'd like to upgrade picture quality wise.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a Classic Video.

Thanks for posting it. Pack93Z.

Thanks for up-loading it Rilamann.

Pack93Z... A special Thanks to you for disclosing all legal and moral information on where you got this great video. God knows we do not need a bitter fight as to who gets credit for this great post. Thanks for the clarification that you did not actually up load it, find it, film it, produce it, edit it, sponsor it, and were not responsible for any content in the you-tube video set forth herein.

Thank You Rilamann and Pack93Z

This was so very cool

God himself knows we do not need to have a great thread like this Hi-Jacked by *****ing about who gets credit for the original concept of the post.

Now with that stated.... (And it was humor, so lighten up.)

There are some amazing things about this video that one must look for in this video. THIS IS SO COOL.

Brett took his helmet off to celebrate after he threw the pass. PENALTY TODAY! 15 Yards. If that rule was in effect back then we would have never seen the true love he has for the game from day one. That was pure happiness and excitement by Brett.

It so sad that today, there are so many jack-*** personalities in the game who could care less about the game but only care about promoting themselves that the rule had to be put in by the NFL.... that one can not remove ones helmet on the field of play.

Screw you T.O. and all of the rest of them. You took away something that was natural, and connected the fan to the players like Brett who had no agenda for taking a helmet off after a great play, but pure happiness.

At the 2:48 second mark of this video they show the replay of the pass. It is real time video. NOW.... Watch it from that point. Brett releases the ball at the 40 yard line.... The ball is caught at the goal line.

That is 40 yards... It took (2) count em... TWO seconds for the ball to go 40 yards. The pass was on a rope. It was wire to wire.

Watch the video... You can rewind it in You-tube. Just click back... TWO seconds.

Now go back again to the 2:48 second mark of the video... and look at Brett's delivery.... The pump... BUT then the delivery.

Then tell me that does not look like Nolan Ryan delivering a pitch.

No one in the NFL Today in 2008 has that delivery or arm strength that Brett had at that age.. NO ONE.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
No one in the NFL Today in 2008 has that delivery or arm strength that Brett had at that age.. NO ONE.

Agreed 100%. Thanks for the rest of your post as well - I enjoyed the humor. And thanks to Pack93z for the original post (wherever he ripped it off of :wink: ) it was enjoyable to watch. Who could have known the history that began that day.

Is Costas the new **** Clark? He doesn't look a day older now...

Members online

Latest posts