Thoughts after the game

Eluded

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Packers Fans, I try to register before the game but it took awhile to get approve. This forum have a lot of good people and some unbiased opinions which I appreciate. There's not much of those stupid or idiots fans like other team forum. There are actually a lot of good topic and good serious discussion on this forum.

First off I would like to say, great game. That game live up to the hype, a lot better than the Patriots/Colts game. I thought the Packers lost the game early when they drove and kick a FG. Playing Dallas, you have to get a TD and not FG. But that was just the beginning. Farve went out of the game plan, I don't know what MM or Farve saw that made him change their game plan. The Dallas D was really getting at Farve, after seeing Farve get hit a few times I knew that it's only a matter of time when Farve will get happy feet and start pressing. That's how most QB will be after being hit and hurried so often early. The timing clock in your head is shorten, and you don't feel comfortable in the pocket because you have a feeling the defender are coming fast. That's when the mistake start piling up for the Packers.

I thought Dallas D played great in the beginning. With Farve being out, Rogers filled in quite nice. So the future is definitely there for the Packers once Farve retired. Rogers had some nice run that saved the Packers drive that turned out to be TD. We had no game planning for Rogers, and Rogers was not one of those awful QB that you don't need to game plan for. Thus why Rogers did a good job of. The Dallas D stop pressuring and blitzing in the 2nd half which annoy me. I really hate when I see team play prevent D, we almost lost that game against the Redskins because of that as well. We need to learn how to play 60 minutes and don't let up once we're up. Not like the Patriots, but don't let off on D or O until the game is really out of reach.

Although there might be some argument about those calls. It happened, the Harris fumble strip, it is what it is and the Ref blew the whistle so it's the rule that once it's blown the play is dead. If he hasn't blew it, it's Packers ball. But it's early in the game, Packers still have to overcome those, that's what great team do. 2nd PI call, that can go either way but to me it's PI. I believe that if it's the Packers WR, we all know that you guys would want to kick the Ref a** if they didn't call a PI. He did grab and hold on to the WR to slow him down and kick his feet while not looking back toward the end. But okay let's say it's not a PI. That play was 1st and 10 at the 50 yards line. What make you guys think the Cowboys won't march down the field? They done that all night and the Packers had no answer for them. Unless it's a close game where Packers D did stop Cowboys numerous time then you can say that call really made the outcome of the game significant. Cowboys Demarcus ware did get call for an offside which it wasn't, it was a fumble and even if the Packers recover, it's 4th down. Instead it's 3rd and 5 and Packer convert that lead to 3 points, So it's pretty even with the Ref.

I know KGB and Woodson is out, but do you think they would had made a huge difference? Yeah Woodson is very good, but KGB would have had no pressure with Flozell Adam on him. Adam is having a pro bowl year and he hasn't allow much sacks this season, Cowboys O-line really dominated the Packers front 7. Even if Woodson is in, Romo will find ways to beat the Packers. Harris will not be able to bump and run Owen because of the way Owen move around. That will even lead to more mismatch to your secondary. Either that or the Cowboys will run more and open up the passing game. Since Woodson is out, Cowboys went mostly passing to take shot at the Packers weakness, who wouldn't?

Now Cowboys front 7 dominated the Packers O-line, the game goes to the Cowboys front 7 because they pressure and hit Farve and cost Packers to make mistakes. They made the Packers change their game plans because of the pressure. Cowboys had a great game plan for the Packers, those slant might have work a bit but playing a 3-4 either Ware or Ellis both OLB would have drop back in coverage where the slant will be thrown and either tip or INT the pass. That's why we had safety deep just in case Farve fake the slant and go deep like they did. There were a lot of tip ball, that's why the Packers didn't use those slant. I hope you guys notice that as well, just wanted to point it out.

I really hope next time we meet, both team are healthy so there won't be no excuse. Either you like it or not, the better team won that night regardless. Please give respect when it's due, the score is not as close as it seem. If Farve was in, I really believe the score would have gone out of hand by halftime. Packers are good, I believe they should beat anybody in the playoff to advance to the Championship game Vs. Dallas. Right now, Dallas is a step ahead team in the NFC, Packers is 2nd no doubt. GL toward the rest of the season, I really been rooting for the Packers all season, just not Thursday night.

P.S. Also, our secondary is not as bad as people made out to be. We score so much on Offense and since we're up, in the end team usually get 50-100 garbage yards at the end. I will continue to stick around and talk good football with all the fans here that willing to accept me. Thanks.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Packers Fans, I try to register before the game but it took awhile to get approve. This forum have a lot of good people and some unbiased opinions which I appreciate. There's not much of those stupid or idiots fans like other team forum. There are actually a lot of good topic and good serious discussion on this forum.

First off I would like to say, great game. That game live up to the hype, a lot better than the Patriots/Colts game. I thought the Packers lost the game early when they drove and kick a FG. Playing Dallas, you have to get a TD and not FG. But that was just the beginning. Farve went out of the game plan, I don't know what MM or Farve saw that made him change their game plan. The Dallas D was really getting at Farve, after seeing Farve get hit a few times I knew that it's only a matter of time when Farve will get happy feet and start pressing. That's how most QB will be after being hit and hurried so often early. The timing clock in your head is shorten, and you don't feel comfortable in the pocket because you have a feeling the defender are coming fast. That's when the mistake start piling up for the Packers.

I thought Dallas D played great in the beginning. With Farve being out, Rogers filled in quite nice. So the future is definitely there for the Packers once Farve retired. Rogers had some nice run that saved the Packers drive that turned out to be TD. We had no game planning for Rogers, and Rogers was not one of those awful QB that you don't need to game plan for. Thus why Rogers did a good job of. The Dallas D stop pressuring and blitzing in the 2nd half which annoy me. I really hate when I see team play prevent D, we almost lost that game against the Redskins because of that as well. We need to learn how to play 60 minutes and don't let up once we're up. Not like the Patriots, but don't let off on D or O until the game is really out of reach.

Although there might be some argument about those calls. It happened, the Harris fumble strip, it is what it is and the Ref blew the whistle so it's the rule that once it's blown the play is dead. If he hasn't blew it, it's Packers ball. But it's early in the game, Packers still have to overcome those, that's what great team do. 2nd PI call, that can go either way but to me it's PI. I believe that if it's the Packers WR, we all know that you guys would want to kick the Ref a** if they didn't call a PI. He did grab and hold on to the WR to slow him down and kick his feet while not looking back toward the end. But okay let's say it's not a PI. That play was 1st and 10 at the 50 yards line. What make you guys think the Cowboys won't march down the field? They done that all night and the Packers had no answer for them. Unless it's a close game where Packers D did stop Cowboys numerous time then you can say that call really made the outcome of the game significant. Cowboys Demarcus ware did get call for an offside which it wasn't, it was a fumble and even if the Packers recover, it's 4th down. Instead it's 3rd and 5 and Packer convert that lead to 3 points, So it's pretty even with the Ref.

I know KGB and Woodson is out, but do you think they would had made a huge difference? Yeah Woodson is very good, but KGB would have had no pressure with Flozell Adam on him. Adam is having a pro bowl year and he hasn't allow much sacks this season, Cowboys O-line really dominated the Packers front 7. Even if Woodson is in, Romo will find ways to beat the Packers. Harris will not be able to bump and run Owen because of the way Owen move around. That will even lead to more mismatch to your secondary. Either that or the Cowboys will run more and open up the passing game. Since Woodson is out, Cowboys went mostly passing to take shot at the Packers weakness, who wouldn't?

Now Cowboys front 7 dominated the Packers O-line, the game goes to the Cowboys front 7 because they pressure and hit Farve and cost Packers to make mistakes. They made the Packers change their game plans because of the pressure. Cowboys had a great game plan for the Packers, those slant might have work a bit but playing a 3-4 either Ware or Ellis both OLB would have drop back in coverage where the slant will be thrown and either tip or INT the pass. That's why we had safety deep just in case Farve fake the slant and go deep like they did. There were a lot of tip ball, that's why the Packers didn't use those slant. I hope you guys notice that as well, just wanted to point it out.

I really hope next time we meet, both team are healthy so there won't be no excuse. Either you like it or not, the better team won that night regardless. Please give respect when it's due, the score is not as close as it seem. If Farve was in, I really believe the score would have gone out of hand by halftime. Packers are good, I believe they should beat anybody in the playoff to advance to the Championship game Vs. Dallas. Right now, Dallas is a step ahead team in the NFC, Packers is 2nd no doubt. GL toward the rest of the season, I really been rooting for the Packers all season, just not Thursday night.

P.S. Also, our secondary is not as bad as people made out to be. We score so much on Offense and since we're up, in the end team usually get 50-100 garbage yards at the end. I will continue to stick around and talk good football with all the fans here that willing to accept me. Thanks.

The greatest Q.B. in N.F.L. History is not spelled "Farve"

It is spelled "Favre."

10 times in the post above you spelled his name wrong.

How much respect is that, to not even spell his name right 10 times in a row. It is Favre not Farve.

What if some Packer fan came to a Dallas Cowboy Forum and miss spelled Romo's name 10 times in a post? What if they miss spelled Romo's name and typed **** instead of ROMO.

How would you feel if a Packer Fan logged on to your "Cowboy Forum" and miss spelled your Romo's name? What if they typed an "H" instead of an "R"

Ya "****" was on his game tonight. Congratulations to ****. **** took advantage of the fact that Woodson was out of the game and the Cowboys "****" played well this evening.

It is spelled: FAVRE NOT: FARVE

Troy Ackman and Rodger Stawback would be embarrassed by your 10 time spelling blunder of the greatest Q.B> who has ever played the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DANG! I Promised myself that I was not going to post a thing this whole week.... Out of respect for my Packer Friends the week before the Packers Play the Raiders.

However.... The above "FARVE" post needed to be responded to.

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

It is spelled "Favre."

How much respect is that, to not even spell his name right 10 times in a row. It is Favre not Farve.

What if some Packer fan came to a Dallas Cowboy Forum and miss spelled Romo's name 10 times in a post? What if they miss spelled Romo's name and typed **** instead of ROMO.

How would you feel if a Packer Fan logged on to your "Cowboy Forum" and miss spelled your Romo's name? What if they typed an "H" instead of an "R"

Ya "****" was on his game tonight. Congratulations to ****. **** took advantage of the fact that Woodson was out of the game and the Cowboys "****" played well this evening.

Troy Ackman and Rodger Stawback would be embarrassed by your 10 time spelling blunder of the greatest Q.B> who has ever played the game.

DANG! I Promised myself that I was not going to post a thing this whole week.... Out of respect for my Packer Friends the week before the Packers Play the Raiders.

In fairness to the original poster, it's not all his fault........

He spelled it the way people say it.........

How exactly does F-a-v-r-e, get pronounced "Farve"????

I think it should be pronounced as Ben Stiller did in Something About Mary.........

It's as much Favre's fault for not correcting people earlier in his career.... It's like one guy said it wrong early in his career and it just stuck. Kinda like Theisman when he wanted to win the heisman (should've always been pronounced "Theesman")........

Btw, I thought Romo was the greatest QB who ever played....... Hmm..... :wink:
For real though, I'd take Joe Montana or Steve Young over Farve (did that just for you)...........

OP
OP
E

Eluded

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

It is spelled "Favre."

After reading an intellectual post and that's all you have to say? FAVRE okay I got it, you don't have to repeat the same thing over and over again.

I would thoughts Packers fans would be smart and not ignorant that are willing to talk smart football. But instead first post and people insulting me already. Sorry, I got the wrong impression of you guys. There are a few people who actually smart on here, most people are blind and being such a homer it's sad. But it's like that everywhere, there are homer that will never accept when their team lose. They try to bring up every single excuse possible to cover up their loses. If you do that then you'll always be a sore loser. I'm glad I'm not like that, I'm an unbiased fan of Football. Yeah I root for my team but I also watch and enjoy every team in this league unless they play against mine.

Hate and jealousy is a deadly sin, just be happy you got a good football team this year because we all know what happen the past couple years for both our Franchise. Your team lost to a better team, it's okay. Just like we lost to the Patriots, we accept it and move on. If we meet them again it's a different story but until then, the better team won. No excuses.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

It is spelled "Favre."

I thought it was spelled "Rodgers"

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People have calmed down quite a bit the last day or so, but some are going to be upset about it for a while. There are a lot of people here who will talk serious football with you. It got pretty tense in here for a while, cause the usual round of "trolls" signed up for this forum right after the game, and have been posting junk just because they like to feel superior and take credit for something they had nothing to do with. We all love our favorite teams, and will defend them. If the tables were turned and the game went down how it did with the roles reversed, a lot of Cowboys fans would be reacting the same way a lot of Packers fans have.

Yes, the pass interference call could have gone either way, but would every Cowboy fan agree with that call if it had been called on a Dallas DB? No, they wouldn't. That's why we aren't refs. It's up to their discretion, and there's nothing anyone can do to change the call. It's over.

Now the Harris call, yes, according to how the play was called on the field, it was the correct call. But what people are arguing about is that the play should not have been called dead. It was called Green Bay's ball by the ref with the best vantage point, but called dead by a ref who didn't see what happened at all.

Pretty much everyone admits that Ware was not offsides. So that's not even an issue.

Yes, KGB would have made a difference. His specialty is pass rushing, and he's one of the best in the game. He doesn't play running downs. Would it make a "game changing" difference? No one knows. I'm certainly not going to sit here and say that if KGB had played we for sure would have won. But he would have helped, and so would have Woodson. By saying having them would not have mattered at all is insulting. I understand you tried to be reasonable in your post, but saying something like that is just as bad as being a "homer". They may have made all the difference, or they may have not. We won't know unless we meet again in the playoffs.

Everyone is viewing this game through either Green Bay goggles or Dallas goggles. Just for one second, ask yourself how you'd react to those same calls if they had happened against Dallas instead of Green Bay. Just like you're probably tired of GB trolls posting junk on Cowboys boards, we're tired the Cowboys fans who are just here to rub it in. (I'm not saying that you are at all. You were atleast reasonable in your comments.)

The Cowboys won, and I congradulate Dallas fans cause you have a great team. No one in their right mind can say that the Cowboys are a bad team, because they aren't. They are #1 in the NFC. Some people act like it's the end of the world. After being 4-12 two years ago, I'm very happy to be 10-2, and I'd much rather lose to a great Cowboys team than let a game slip to a bad team. Hopefully we'll get another shot in the playoffs.