Those "lucky" Bears

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. The over achieving, lucky, really suck after all Bears beat the Panthers and Bucs back to back and are now 8-3. They must be the "luckiest" team in the history of the NFL. How else can you explain it? I mean, the only other explanation would be that they are a good football team and that just can not be so now can it? :D

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Bears are the stuff. They might even stumble into the SB seeing how weak the NFC is.
I agree that this is possible given their stout defense.
Do they play Seattle in the regular season? If not I hope these two teams meet in the playoffs.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I am going to be cheering for the Bears to win the division as the Pack has no chance in H double toothpicks. My hope and prayers are that the queens don't win. Isn't it amazing that after the "boat incident", the queens starated to win. Must have been great incentive. Go Bears!!!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Bears will crumble in the playoffs...Bear troll...

Go back into hibernation...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah this seems like it should be in the smack area. But I still dont think the bears offense has what it takes to win a playoff game. 2001 anyone?

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah this seems like it should be in the smack area. But I still dont think the bears offense has what it takes to win a playoff game. 2001 anyone?

After winning the last two games against teams that are strong candidates for the post-season, I think that the Bears have proven they have a strong chance for victories in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Philtration

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Smack area? I guess that it might be if I reminded you that the Packers were one and done last year or If I made fun of the fact that you started talking about next years draft in last week of October. I did not care about the Packers game on Sunday because I wanted to see the Seattle-New York outcome. That game had HOME FIELD THROUGH OUT THE PLAYOFFS ramifications for the Bears. That's right, I said HOME FIELD THROUGH OUT THE PLAYOFFS. :D

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears in 2001 lucky? Maybe

Bears in 2005 lucky? Nope, just good.

I'll be pulling for them to represent the North well in the playoffs this year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The panthers have been inconsistent this year

The Bucs have Chris Simms at QB. That game last week was Bad QB+Good Defense vs. Bad QB+Great Defense, and the bears snuck out with the win. YOu beat...the bucs...wow.

If I were a Bears fan, I would look at the Bears\Steelers game as a guage to know where they really are. Since the bears are a poor mans steelers anyway, thats a game to watch.

Sure being 8-3 is great, and any team should be happy with that record. The playoffs are a no brainer at this point, so start looking at what you can do in the playoffs. You've played the packers(who suck this year), lions (who suck this year), vikings(who suck this year, even with brad johnson in there), the SAINTS, and the 49'ers. the only real good team the bears have played were the Bengals, and the Bears lost.

The Bears will make the playoffs, and thats a good thing in itself, I've always thought that and I won't take that away from the Bears. Getting in the tourny bracket deserves recognition. But...how will you do. If you face the Vikings are some jobber team who sneaks in, yeah you should get to the next round. But if you have to play the Giants or Seahawks(who I think are overrated) then enjoy your stay in the playoffs, and see you next year.

If I was a Bears fan, I would want a real QB. Ortons QB rating is last in the league(it was before sundays games, i dunno about now, 2nd to last maybe?). The defense is great, the running game is solid, both offensive\defensive lines are money. But where is the QB? Moose and Gage are decent recievers, but Orton simply isn't very good.

The Bears are victims of their own success here. Since they are winning, they won't even think about changing their QB, no matter how ineffective he is. If I am a bears fan, since the playoffs are in the bag anyway, I would be hoping for a loss or two, and an Orton choke job.

People think I hate the bears. People think I am jealous and spiteful of them. Not really. I'd rather see them in the playoffs than the Lions and Vikings anyday. That is why I am so critical on the QB situation. I live in chicago and see every game, I listen to local radio and hear them and everyone question orton with 2 minutes left in their shows, so they can sneak in the little fact that he sucks. Grossman is back now..I would really like to see him get some snaps. His accuracy,power, and decision making are better than Ortons. Bears will win 1 game at the most in the playoffs with Orton back there, because eventually they will play a team who can stop the bears run, and get some points on their great defense. Then Ortons over and under throws are magnified, and its a big "Oh man, we shoulda played grossman" fest out there.

Enjoy it, chicago. It wont last though. If you guys got Drew Brees you could be super bowl contenders though.

OP
OP
Philtration

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
The panthers have been inconsistent this year

The Bucs have Chris Simms at QB. That game last week was Bad QB+Good Defense vs. Bad QB+Great Defense, and the bears snuck out with the win. YOu beat...the bucs...wow.

If I were a Bears fan, I would look at the Bears\Steelers game as a guage to know where they really are. Since the bears are a poor mans steelers anyway, thats a game to watch.

Sure being 8-3 is great, and any team should be happy with that record. The playoffs are a no brainer at this point, so start looking at what you can do in the playoffs. You've played the packers(who suck this year), lions (who suck this year), vikings(who suck this year, even with brad johnson in there), the SAINTS, and the 49'ers. the only real good team the bears have played were the Bengals, and the Bears lost.

The Bears will make the playoffs, and thats a good thing in itself, I've always thought that and I won't take that away from the Bears. Getting in the tourny bracket deserves recognition. But...how will you do. If you face the Vikings are some jobber team who sneaks in, yeah you should get to the next round. But if you have to play the Giants or Seahawks(who I think are overrated) then enjoy your stay in the playoffs, and see you next year.

If I was a Bears fan, I would want a real QB. Ortons QB rating is last in the league(it was before sundays games, i dunno about now, 2nd to last maybe?). The defense is great, the running game is solid, both offensive\defensive lines are money. But where is the QB? Moose and Gage are decent recievers, but Orton simply isn't very good.

The Bears are victims of their own success here. Since they are winning, they won't even think about changing their QB, no matter how ineffective he is. If I am a bears fan, since the playoffs are in the bag anyway, I would be hoping for a loss or two, and an Orton choke job.

People think I hate the bears. People think I am jealous and spiteful of them. Not really. I'd rather see them in the playoffs than the Lions and Vikings anyday. That is why I am so critical on the QB situation. I live in chicago and see every game, I listen to local radio and hear them and everyone question orton with 2 minutes left in their shows, so they can sneak in the little fact that he sucks. Grossman is back now..I would really like to see him get some snaps. His accuracy,power, and decision making are better than Ortons. Bears will win 1 game at the most in the playoffs with Orton back there, because eventually they will play a team who can stop the bears run, and get some points on their great defense. Then Ortons over and under throws are magnified, and its a big "Oh man, we shoulda played grossman" fest out there.

Enjoy it, chicago. It wont last though. If you guys got Drew Brees you could be super bowl contenders though.

Well first of all the Bears have not played the Packers yet so stop acting as if you are following both teams progress. This wimpy schedule that you point out is the same one that has the Packers at 2-9. Lets talk about that weak schedule. The Seahawks play the 2-9 49ers and the 3-8 Cardinals twice each. They have also played the1-10 Texans and have a game left with the 3-8 Titans.
Carolina plays the 3-8 Saints twice and has played the 3-8 Cardinals and the 2-9 Jets.
The Giants have Arizona, San Francisco and New Orleans on their schedule. The Cowboys have Arizona and New Orleans as well not to mention that both of them play the suddenly lost Eagles twice.
Tampa Bay also plays the 3-8 Saints twice and the 2-9 Jets as well.
Funny how you left out the Bears beating Carolina and Tampa Bay. The Vikings are also in the hunt for a playoff spot and the Bears beat them by 24 points. Seattle is tough at home but who says that the Bears will not be playing them in Chicago? Their offense is one-dimensional and the Bears can shut them down.
The Giants are very beatable and Manning has yet to prove that he can stand in the pocket and take a serious pass rush for an entire game. The Bears have that serious pass rush.
The Vikings? You said yourself that they suck so do they suddenly beat the Bears at home as a wild card? How about the Cowboys? I would love to see the Bears defense going up against Bledsoe the statue!
Carolina? Tampa? Do you see either one of these teams coming to Chicago and winning?
:stop:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well first of all the Bears have not played the Packers yet so stop acting as if you are following both teams progress.

I have, am, and will. That didnt make any sense(but im used to that with you). I watch every bears game, because I live in chicago and have to. So shut it.

Funny how you left out the Bears beating Carolina and Tampa Bay.

well that was the first thing I said. I talked about the bucs and panthers. But besides that...ur absoloutely right.

:urstupid:

OP
OP
Philtration

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Well first of all the Bears have not played the Packers yet so stop acting as if you are following both teams progress.

I have, am, and will. That didnt make any sense(but im used to that with you). I watch every bears game, because I live in chicago and have to. So shut it.

[quote:2lua1j9b]Funny how you left out the Bears beating Carolina and Tampa Bay.

well that was the first thing I said. I talked about the bucs and panthers. But besides that...ur absoloutely right.

:urstupid:[/quote:2lua1j9b]

No...you said that the Bears have not played anyone yet including the Packers who suck this year. Go back and look at your comments. You were adding the Packers games into the Bears win column before they even played them.
You also said that the Panthers (inconstant) and Bucs (wow) are not an indication of how good the Bears are even though they were both leading their divisions when the Bears beat them. That's funny because you claimed that the Bears would be exposed as phonies when they played both of these teams and now you want to move it to the Steelers game.
Since the odds of them losing a game grow with each consecutive win, it is pretty safe to say that they will lose to someone before the playoffs start now isn’t it? How many teams win 12 games in a row in the NFL? Do you realize that would put the Bears at 13-3 for the season? Suddenly if the Bears can't pull off that task then they are just "lucky" right?
When and if they lose that game you will then jump up and down and scream "I told you so! I told you so!"
You have been saying that for almost two months now. Maybe you need to come up with something new.
:roll:

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, according to our local paper and Mike Tice, the queens are going to win the division because they are "on a roll" and they have found the "formula" to win games. (I think the formula was being on a boat with "working girls"). So, bear fans, don't get your hopes up too high. After all, MN is a much better team. (tongue in cheek). I will be rooting for da bears.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Well, according to our local paper and Mike Tice, the queens are going to win the division because they are "on a roll" and they have found the "formula" to win games. (I think the formula was being on a boat with "working girls"). So, bear fans, don't get your hopes up too high. After all, MN is a much better team. (tongue in cheek). I will be rooting for da bears.
WHAT? YOU ARE ROOTING FOR THE BEARS OVER THE PACK THIS WEEK!???

TURN IN YOUR CHEESEBRA!!!!!!!!!

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
tromadz said:
Carolina? Tampa? Do you see either one of these teams coming to Chicago and winning?
[/color] :stop:

Biased or not, yes I do see them coming to Chicago, granted you have home field, and winning. Carolina did it two years ago in Philly which was a superior team to this year's Chicago team. I firmly believe that like Dallas and Philly of 2003 (where both beat Carolina in the regular season), Chicago will be dominated (like the two aforementioned has beens were in 03) in the playoffs by Carolina.

Two simple plays, Delhomme's first INT and the rare missed field goal by Kasay, was the total difference in this game. 10 points... Don't take my word for it, simply watch and learn. The only team I want OUT of the playoffs is Atlanta. Otherwise, look for Carolina to represent the NFC in Detroit in February.

Best of luck the rest of this season and please do put a loss on Atlanta.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Bears D was great, but I tend to lean more towards what Henderson said about not getting beat by the bears but instead finding ways to give the game to the Bears.

I didn't watch much of the game cuz I had to friggin work (last sunday i work ever!!) man did brett look terrible... i cant recall seeing so many under thrown balls before geepahz

Bears did a good job capitalizing on the mistakes though, congrats.

OP
OP
Philtration

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually it is the rest of the league that is lucky. Lucky that Jerry Angelo was too stupid to sign Brad Johnson or Kurt Warner when he had the chance during the off-season. If the Bears had either one of these guys at QB right now would they not be the team to beat in the NFC by far?
Hell, I say play Jeff Blake and you score at least one TD a game from the offense.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Actually it is the rest of the league that is lucky. Lucky that Jerry Angelo was too stupid to sign Brad Johnson or Kurt Warner when he had the chance during the off-season. If the Bears had either one of these guys at QB right now would they not be the team to beat in the NFC by far?
Hell, I say play Jeff Blake and you score at least one TD a game from the offense.

Either I'm losing it or you've said this twice here

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts