1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

This Team in a Nutshell

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by red4tribe, Nov 28, 2013.

1. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,563
    Me too. I trust they'll make the right decisions by firing some people. The air has been thick with complacency.

2. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    While I agree for the most part, it's worth noting - key word, noting (not justifying) - that with such a porous offense, the defense was on the field a lot and they had good field position a lot. Again, this isn't justifying it b/c it was fricking terrible. But, I think the loss of Rodgers leading the offense on drives and flipping the field position has an impact on the defense.

3. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,563
    My bad. Datone Jones was not inactive against Detroit. He was just invisible.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,190
    By that standard no one would be fired. Rarely is one person alone entirely to blame. What if he’s "only" 95% to blame?
    When was the last time you publicly advocated for the firing of your boss?
    Because he is ultimately responsible, along with the assistant coaches, for getting the players to execute. If his assistants aren’t getting their job done, it’s up to him to advocate for their removal. And beyond the DC, of course the HC and GM bear responsibility.

Some are posting as if a coach’s only responsibility is drawing up Xs and Os. There’s more to it than that. They are also responsible for teaching the fundamentals and holding the players responsible for executing them. And of course pro players need to motivate themselves but that does not mean coaches bear no responsibility for motivating players and particularly on defense, for setting an aggressive tone.

Just curious, have you addressed Capers’ history of turning around Ds and then seeing them get progressively worse? He seems to be repeating that pattern in Green Bay - doesn't that concern you?

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    He's probably not aware of that in Dom's history because it wasn't with the Packer organization.

There's a reason Dick LeBeau has stayed with the Steelers for so long, decades, and also a reason Dom has bounced around so many times.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    Like I said in an earlier post, I will always appreciate Dom's contribution for the 2010 Super Bowl run, but it's time for him to go. He's had five years, and we've gotten one good year out of the defense.

7. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +459
    Are we conviently ignoring that one of those five years saw Capers build a defense that was the driving force behind our Super Bowl win? Or the fact that Thompson has gave Capers exactly zero starting caliber players in the 2011 draft, that of the four defensive players that looked good in 2012, only Daniels has been on the field consistently or that the 2013 draft has only supplied one player? So the past three drafts have added ONE good player to the defense, an OLB in Perry that's shown flashes but had his development hindered by missing more games than he's played and a first round rookie still trying to find his feet.

8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Round 1
    1. Houston (2-10)
    2. Jacksonville (3-9)
    3. St. Louis - from Washington (3-9)
    4. Atlanta (3-9)
    5. Tampa Bay (3-9)
    6. Minnesota (3-8-1)
    7. Cleveland (4-8)