1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

This team folds in the Clutch

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by red4tribe, Oct 10, 2010.

1. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    THANK YOU! My point is was and always has been...my only REAL knock against Aaron is...he SUCKS in the final 2 minutes of games when he HAS to WIN! There are NO superbowls without come from behind victories. Elway did it, Montana did it, Favre did it, Aikman, Brady, Manning...if Aaron is as great as you guys say he is...why can't HE do it?

2. The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel this place is being over ran by fake Packer fan sometimes.

3. BBalzWI

BBalzWI Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    ^This

4. The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad someone banned the realpackerbacker. Sent him back to the Bears Fourm where he came from.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    I think the choke was referring to the Vikings?

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    I love his list of QBs, with none of them winning a SB in their second year I believe. Elway stands out as his career was the definition of choke until his last two years. Oh and two whole SBs between manning and favre? Yeah they must never choke...

Anyone think realpackerfan might be David or one of his cronies

7. erik_m_vos

erik_m_vos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    You talk about Rodgers like he's a ten year vet or something.... He's only started at QB for TWO seasons! In those two seasons he's posted over 4000 yards each, a feat Farve didn't accomplish until his fourth year in the NFL and then again in the seventh and eighth year in the NFL. Rodgers first two seasons as starter he also had a 93 and 103 QB rating... Favre's first two seasons were 85 and 72! Favre had 24 INT"s his second year, Rodgers has thrown 27 his entire career including the years he was backup.

You mention Montana, Elway, Aikman, Brady, and Manning... how many of these lead their team to a superbowl in their first TWO seasons in the nfl?? Not Aikman, Not Elway, Not Manning... Montana did it one of his first two years only, and so did Brady..... Even though, look at the offensive lines and players surrounding those qb's that did well their first two seasons.... The Packers have a very young and slowly improving line.:viksux: Give Rodgers a little time to grow.... Still, I'd take him over a LOT of QB's in the NFL these days. His accuracy is insane!

8. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    was it brady's first year starting, or his first year in the league?

9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I agree.

Even though it's only 5 games in, the Pack are not playing like the high caliber SB contenders that were predicted.
    So far they are beating teams that are worse then they are.
    I'm starting to lose faith in them this year.
    My faith won't be restored until they start winning more often.
    Instead I'll just watch the games with no expectations and in a casual way.
    To just enjoy watching the game of football and not be so serious about them having to win.
    You know. Just dig the good plays they make even if they lose.
    It's the only way I can keep my sanity while being a Packers fan.