This IS what the pack should do

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameuret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know there have been a lot of rumors going around and a lot of people with opinions on what to do this offseason. I thought I would put my 2cents in it. so even if this sounds a little strange, please bear with me and truely think about it!

I think we should trade Bubba Franks and a second round draft pick to the raiders for randy moss. Once we sign moss I think we should trade moss and moorency to the colts for Marvin harrison(or reggie wayne) and after we get one of those two, we shuold trade that player to the Browns for there first round draft pick. Along with that trade to the Browns we should trade Chad Clifton and we should sign Joe(the badger) I think we will be set for a superbowl run. BTW the browns really need some help at the WR spot.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what the packers "should" do, and what the packers "could" do are VERY different. First, we must define what the packers could do, and what they could not do. I think your scenario fits in the "could not do" category, as their are a LOT of contingencies in your plan and i don't see any way that such a highly coordinated scenario could be pulled off. therefor, since it is *probably* not possible for the packers to be involved in such a situation, it is not relevant to discuss whether or not they "should" do this.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that being said, if your proposition were to present itself, i guess i would be happy with it, if you don't mind losing.

scharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know there have been a lot of rumors going around and a lot of people with opinions on what to do this offseason. I thought I would put my 2cents in it. so even if this sounds a little strange, please bear with me and truely think about it!

I think we should trade Bubba Franks and a second round draft pick to the raiders for randy moss. Once we sign moss I think we should trade moss and moorency to the colts for Marvin harrison(or reggie wayne) and after we get one of those two, we shuold trade that player to the Browns for there first round draft pick. Along with that trade to the Browns we should trade Chad Clifton and we should sign Joe(the badger) I think we will be set for a superbowl run. BTW the browns really need some help at the WR spot.

So we give up our second, Bubba and Clifton for Joe Thomas and we're set for a Super Bowl run? Is that what you're saying?

EDIT: Forgot about giving up Morency too.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers Lose

-Bubba Franks
-Morency
-Clifton
-Second round pick

Packers Gain

-Browns First round pick (Joe Thomas)

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but that seems like a ridicules trade. We lose our possible starting RB for next year. Our starting tight end (as bad as he is.) And our starting left tackle for an unproven rookie. Seems pretty unfair to me.

Reaction score
I think the scenario presented itself is quite unrealistic.

There is no way that the Colts trade Harrison for Moss and Morencey.

You may be able to do these types of deals in Madden, but in reality they have a snowball's chance in hell of happening.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ameuret said:

Packers Lose

-Bubba Franks
-Morency
-Clifton
-Second round pick

Packers Gain

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but that seems like a ridicules trade. We lose our possible starting RB for next year. Our starting tight end (as bad as he is.) And our starting left tackle for an unproven rookie. Seems pretty unfair to me.

If your going to do something like this, select Calvin Johnson and move Colledge to LT, with Spitz at LG, and Moll at RG.

Won't happen though and I don't think either the Packers or Browns would make a trade like this.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya Im sure this is going to happen and I wouldnt want it to because it is stupid

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Clifton was not mentioned until after acquiring the Brown's first round pick, the way I read this was as follows:

Packers Lose

-Bubba Franks
-Morency
-Clifton
-Second round pick

Packers Gain

-Undisclosed draft pick for Clifton

Ignoring the salary cap and feasibility issues, it wouldn't be that horrible depending on what we get for Clifton. We could replace Morency with either Lynch or Bush which would IMO be an upgrade or draft a TE. We would still have our first round pick then to use on Lynch or Olsen if they are available. So we would be swapping:

-Bubba, Morency, Clifton, and 2nd round pick

for

-Joe Thomas, Bush or Highly rated TE

Not horribly one-sided since Thomas has the potential to be a franchise tackle, but still quite a bit of risk involved. I do like how we get rid of some of our aging and deteriorating talent however.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Clifton was not mentioned until after acquiring the Brown's first round pick, the way I read this was as follows:

Packers Lose

-Bubba Franks
-Morency
-Clifton
-Second round pick

Packers Gain

-Undisclosed draft pick for Clifton

Ignoring the salary cap and feasibility issues, it wouldn't be that horrible depending on what we get for Clifton. We could replace Morency with either Lynch or Bush which would IMO be an upgrade or draft a TE. We would still have our first round pick then to use on Lynch or Olsen if they are available. So we would be swapping:

-Bubba, Morency, Clifton, and 2nd round pick

for

-Joe Thomas, Bush or Highly rated TE

Not horribly one-sided since Thomas has the potential to be a franchise tackle, but still quite a bit of risk involved. I do like how we get rid of some of our aging and deteriorating talent however.

Yeah you are not losing much. Franks and Morency could be gone tomorrow and noone would know. You basically are giving up Clifton for Thomas and a 2nd for another high pick. It's all not going to happen but it's not that bad

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yah well looking at what has been said here, this doesnt seem too far off from the rest of the things that idiots on here say we should do.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yah well looking at what has been said here, this doesnt seem too far off from the rest of the things that idiots on here say we should do.

(I'm editing this, so people don't think i'm calling anyone an idiot, or thinking that i agree with this way of attacking people. I was trying to kind of turn this into a laugh by making light of it, but i guess maybe i shouldn't have. I try to calm things down with a joke sometimes, but i guess sometimes that doesn't work so well.)

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Care to elaborate at all with some reasoning? Or do you just want to label everyone as an idiot?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Care to elaborate at all with some reasoning? Or do you just want to label everyone as an idiot?
I myself wouldn't have used the word "idiot". I would just say different views then mine. There have been some pretty outragious threads posted here at times though. Sometimes they just make me shake my head and laugh.
Like i said, i would rarely use such strong of language as to call someone an idiot. There have been a few people that used to come here that i would have labeled as such, but only after i had been attacked SEVERAL times by them. Then i would use it more in self defense then anything.
I think it's ok for people to voice there opinions, as long as it's done civil.

Reaction score

I'm ****ing sick and tired of people coming on here and then disrespecting others by calling them idiots.

First of all, if your are coming to a place full of idiots, aren't you an idiot yourself?

Secondly, they were stating THEIR VIEWS, not going out and saying this is what MUST be done.

Third, everyone has a varying amount of football knowledge. So if one thing seems simple enough to them, they are encouraged to post it here to get feedback. It will allow our members to read something and get more knowledge on the subject matter.

If you find this place full of idiots, don't come here anymore. I don't mind banning your account to make sure you don't have to put up with the "idiots" that post here.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Notice I didnt say "you idiots" I didnt mean in any way that everyone here was an idiot! There are some of you on here I really respect, and then there are those of you who seem to have your head somewhere else. And for those people I am suprised they get all exited about the original post. Because it doesnt seem too far off from some of the crazy things people could see happening.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say this thread has served it's purpose. Let's move on and even if we don't mean it, let's try and avoid calling anyone an idiot because it doesn't get us anywhere.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts