Thielen

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I’d be more concerned with Diggs. Theilen has 1 100+ game all year but Diggs has 5 of them. Theilen or Cook are not 100% yet.
Also our ability to mitigate opponent passing yardage across the middle of the field is concerning. So the TE could be a factor this Monday night in MN converting 3rd downs.

I mostly agree in the fact that Diggs should be the guy we worry about the most due to Theilen not being at 100%. However, don't go to sleep on Theilen, he is the kind of WR that can have a career day against the Packers. Last season he had a combined 256 yds receiving in the 2 games against the Pack. In 2016, he had 202 yds in the 12/24 game @ Lambeau.

Even in the last game we let Chad Beebe (Former Packer Don Beebe's son) burn us for a 61 yard passing play. Beebe is now on IR but the Vikings brought back Treadwell to replace him.

Sounds like Cook is most likely out and not to sound too greedy, but I am fine if Theilen's hammy is still not back to 100% and he is limited to 50% of the snaps like he was last week.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Raven Greene:

#Packers safety Raven Greene, on injured reserve since getting hurt in Week 2 against the #Vikings is also working on the side. He’s been out of the boot for a few weeks but this is the first time we’ve seen him with the rest of the squad.

Guessing he won't be playing in the next 2 games, but might be ready for the playoffs?
That is good news. A bye week would help but will be tough to get.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That is good news. A bye week would help but will be tough to get.

We control our own destiny. Win out, we secure a bye and possibly even the #1 Seed.

It is interesting how most of us are viewing this 11-3 team, with extreme hesitation/caution to be too optimistic?

Sergeant Major

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, we are 11-3. But, we haven't really played that well with teams that have a goof defense. I'm hoping that the packers winning ways in December come back in the final two games. Our offence needs to hind itself!!! Defense needs to continue to shine. Go Pack Go!!!!!

D

Deleted member 6794

yes, we are 11-3. But, we haven't really played that well with teams that have a goof defense. I'm hoping that the packers winning ways in December come back in the final two games. Our offence needs to hind itself!!! Defense needs to continue to shine. Go Pack Go!!!!!

The Packers have played six games against top 10 scoring defenses going 5-1.

Reaction score
However, don't go to sleep on Theilen, he is the kind of WR that can have a career day against the Packers.
Yeah I suppose if I’m GB, I’m not discounting anyone. But we have to be honest, this season Thielen has not been top of his game, likely due to injury. He’s got a single 100+ Performance this season and really nothing substantial in over a month. Although his second best game (5/75) this season was against GB, but that was forever ago.
That’s unusual for him, that speaks to him still being on the mend. We had the injury bug last year so I guess it all evens itself out over time. Maybe it’s their turn this week.

If GB can put up 21 points against them week 2 with a brand new O scheme. I feel like we can surpass that slightly in our second meeting on the road. Maybe the 21-31 point range? The bigger question will be can we keep Cousins at 24 (or so) points.

Last edited:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We control our own destiny. Win out, we secure a bye and possibly even the #1 Seed.

It is interesting how most of us are viewing this 11-3 team, with extreme hesitation/caution to be too optimistic?
I think that is, for the most part, because the performances haven't really matched the 11-3 record, i admit that i am more cautiously optimistic than just optimistic for a good post season

D

Deleted member 6794

I think that is, for the most part, because the performances haven't really matched the 11-3 record, i admit that i am more cautiously optimistic than just optimistic for a good post season

Once again, some perspective might be helpful. The Packers offense hasn't been elite by any means but maybe playing eight games (with the ninth one coming tonight) against top 12 scoring defenses has something to do with it, especially considering having a rookie head coach.

The defense is improved, currently being within the top 10 in points allowed.

I wonder what fans expected entering this season???

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, some perspective might be helpful. The Packers offense hasn't been elite by any means but maybe playing eight games (with the ninth one coming tonight) against top 12 scoring defences has something to do with it, especially considering having a rookie head coach.

The defence is improved, currently being within the top 10 in points allowed.

I wonder what fans expected entering this season???
well i predicted an 11-5 season in our pre-season contest thread, so am obviously happy that we are at the very least going to meet that. the D has improved, i have stated several times when the "stats" are brought up that the most important one in points against is still i think top 10, yeah we'd like them to give up less yds at times and give more possession to the offence.

but it is on O where we have been disappointing, and lets face it this is where the entertainment value comes from. we're only 0.1ppg up on last season, which we all probably hoped that with a new HC/gameplan and a fit and healthy AR, would have been at least a few points of an improvement. We've been possibly spoiled for a lot of years with the offence we normally have, two great passers in a row and probably only a couple of dodgy O games per season. whereas this season, the O especially hasn't put together anywhere near a complete game. so i can understand the lack of excite

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The O is struggling to maintain consistency. we've seen bursts of what it can be, and a lot of learning moments in between. It takes time, it takes work for coaches and players a like. They'll need to maintain consistency to increase their post season chances, we all know that. If they do, they have a good shot. If they don't, they'll have to continue to find other ways.

But for a lot of years a lot of teams have gotten far with defense and here in the last 2 weeks we actually have found a return game that could give us that 1 spark to win a big or close game. There are a lot of other ways to win in the NFL besides scoring 45 points, Packer fans need to start appreciating that. If or one love it. Yeah, I'd like to see domination. I also like to see making plays that count and overcoming adversity. I'd much rather be on the winning side than the other in these games. They're exciting until the last play :) gotta give them that LOL.

D

Deleted member 6794

but it is on O where we have been disappointing, and lets face it this is where the entertainment value comes from. we're only 0.1ppg up on last season, which we all probably hoped that with a new HC/gameplan and a fit and healthy AR, would have been at least a few points of an improvement. We've been possibly spoiled for a lot of years with the offence we normally have, two great passers in a row and probably only a couple of dodgy O games per season. whereas this season, the O especially hasn't put together anywhere near a complete game. so i can understand the lack of excite

I hoped the offense would be improved over last season's unit as well but I'm extremely happy the Packers have found other ways to win games this year.