They never punted once...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watched any of the NFL games on Sunday, you saw players taunting each other and then throwing fists. I'm quite certain that the NFL told the refs to nip that in the bud. Prior to Sunday, I think that they would have let Daniels' behavior pass. Not last night. Not after all of the fights on the field the day before.
People can talk about all this political stuff driving fans away from the sport, but for me it's stuff like this. Hormone laden and temperamental teenage boys are able to show more self control on a football field than these grown supposed "men". I think allowing a loss of control of players, just small celebrations with every play, is creeping in to the larger picture and going to create more problems on the field.

i know stuff happens and it's football and i'm not expecting saints out there picking each other up after flattening them, though there are plenty of guys out there with the correct physical and mental make up that can do that, but this jawing and being a D-bag after every single ****ing play on offense and defense is getting old. I just had a carry for 3 yards, i'm going to celebrate. I just made a tackle I'm going to showboat. I got onto the field for the first time in 2 months, time to act like a zero self control d-bag. and all the celebrations after scores are starting to remind me of something like the running man, where everything is just over the top drama. I don't care about bobsledding, or a 5 minute production to have a potato sack race after a TD. Or serving up some grub to all your linemen as the line up for you in the endzone. If you want to be an actor, go ****ing act on a stage. go on youtube, make a channel, have all the fun you want. But leave the endzone for Touchdowns and the field for football. Please.

I guess i'm getting old. I loved football for football, not the fluff.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, while I kind of agree with your take on turnovers you have to consider the defense would have forced a three-and-out on the Lions opening drive if not for a boneheaded play by an individual when Daniels headbutted an opponent.

Sure, but isn't the fact that we're talking about "what could have been 1 punt" for the entire game as if that's a pseudo-accomplishment, a statement in and of itself isn't it?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts