They never punted once...

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to believe they never punted once the whole game. I believe the last time that happened was in the early 70's.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hard to believe they never punted once the whole game. I believe the last time that happened was in the early 70's.

While I'm not arguing the defense performed on a decent level by any means it's mind-boggling most Packers fans ignore the defense forced a turnover though.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There would've been a forced punt had Daniels hadn't had a brain cramp, but yeah, the defense stinks.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can see the Packers line up to blitz from a zip code away. Absolutely no disguise. Capers needs to go.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I'm not arguing the defense performed on a decent level by any means it's mind-boggling most Packers fans ignore the defense forced a turnover though.

Exactly the point I tried to make in another thread.

It's as if no punts and a turnover is worse than one punt and no turnover.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly the point I tried to make in another thread.

It's as if no punts and a turnover is worse than one punt and no turnover.

To me it is. I find turnovers to be more random/have more to do with offensive miscues than stopping a team for 3 plays in a row. A forced punt shows defensive integrity as a unit while a turnover is more of an individual achievement.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Honestly, I just can’t come off of that game blaming the defense. They held the lions to 20 points throughout 3.5 quarters. When the score is 20-3 going into the fourth quarter it’s really hard for me to blame the defense. There was great coverage on each of Staffords passing TDS. The jets sweep TD was on the defense. Daniels penalty was stupid. But they did force the lions to kick 4 field goals. They caused two fumbles. Had like 10 tackles for loss. And we’re on the field for 37 minutes.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not until the Lions were already in scoring position... sure it was great that they fell on a fumble but.... that certainly doesn't do much to make me feel like the defense was anything but terrible.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't a late hit on Stafford. Daniels and the Lions lineman got into a tough guy pushing match and Daniels threw his head into him. I didn't disagree with the penalty

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't a late hit on Stafford. Daniels and the Lions lineman got into a tough guy pushing match and Daniels threw his head into him. I didn't disagree with the penalty

I knew Mike Daniels did something after the play. The stupid referee calling it RTP (roughing the passer) was ludicrous. Maybe it was worth the 15 yard penalty and automatic first down, but officials have to call the foul what it is.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew Mike Daniels did something after the play. The stupid referee calling it RTP (roughing the passer) was ludicrous. Maybe it was worth the 15 yard penalty and automatic first down, but officials have to call the foul what it is.

My fault, did he actually call roughing the passer? I knew Daniels got the 15 so, I missed the actual call because I was too busy swearing.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watched any of the NFL games on Sunday, you saw players taunting each other and then throwing fists. I'm quite certain that the NFL told the refs to nip that in the bud. Prior to Sunday, I think that they would have let Daniels' behavior pass. Not last night. Not after all of the fights on the field the day before.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watched any of the NFL games on Sunday, you saw players taunting each other and then throwing fists. I'm quite certain that the NFL told the refs to nip that in the bud. Prior to Sunday, I think that they would have let Daniels' behavior pass. Not last night. Not after all of the fights on the field the day before.

Sure, Alberto Riveron probably told Clete Blakeman's crew something about dead ball personal fouls occurring on Sunday, but they likely did not hear specifics such as #18 punched #20 in the helmet four times after tackling him by the neck.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it had remained a simple push and shove I'm sure it would have been ignored... but Daniels intentionally head butted the crown of his helmet into the Lion's Lineman. As soon as I saw the replay allI could think was "idiot" ... the officials will call that every time...

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we should onside kick every kickoff. Might as well, since they're going to drive down the field anyway. Get the ball back or at least speed up the bleeding and get the defense off the field.

Wait, you gotta score to get the ball back, so that's going to be tough.

D

Deleted member 6794

The referee actually announced Daniels was penalized for unnecessary roughness.

D

Deleted member 6794

To me it is. I find turnovers to be more random/have more to do with offensive miscues than stopping a team for 3 plays in a row. A forced punt shows defensive integrity as a unit while a turnover is more of an individual achievement.

Well, while I kind of agree with your take on turnovers you have to consider the defense would have forced a three-and-out on the Lions opening drive if not for a boneheaded play by an individual when Daniels headbutted an opponent.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, while I kind of agree with your take on turnovers you have to consider the defense would have forced a three-and-out on the Lions opening drive if not for a boneheaded play by an individual when Daniels headbutted an opponent.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas all year long.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts