There's a real possibility....

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That will live in infamy... lol

Oh don't worry...the failmary game will live in infamy for us Packer fans. I still havnt gotten over that. I just hate when they show the list of elite qbs who have yet to beat Seattle and Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers name comes up. What a bunch of garbage.

Seahawker562

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh don't worry...the failmary game will live in infamy for us Packer fans. I still havnt gotten over that. I just hate when they show the list of elite qbs who have yet to beat Seattle and Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers name comes up. What a bunch of garbage.
Well, I mean he hasn't though right? ... Although I do believe it was a blown call, the Packers should have played better the first 3 quarters. There were a lot of blown calls...

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that we even got to that playoff game was a real miracle that year. We were done, eliminated from the playoffs in Week 17 that year. The Vikings were about to win the division with a 17-6 lead left against the NFL-worst Cardinals nearing the 2 minute warning at the end of the game and send us home for the playoffs. Somehow, not only did the Cardinals score on a 4th down, but recovered the onside kick, drove down the field, and completed a desperation heave to the endzone on 4th and 24 as time expired to win us the division.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Our defense has played the type of defense to be able to win the whole thing at times but to compare them to Seattle is foolish. To say we have a better secondary is foolish, how many players in our secondary were all pro last yr? Yea I counted zero as well while Seattle had what? 3? Come on I hate Seattle as well but as a football person I'm a realist. Yes we slowed down Philly so major props to our defense but we are not on Seattles level yet people smh. Our defense has some good players but we need to be good for more than a couple of quarters .

I believe our corners and db's overall are better cover guys then Seattle's and were also deeper there. Sure they can sit back in a cover 3 and use there length and intercept errant throws as a result from pressure up front but line Sherman or Maxwell 1v1 on a fast guy and there very average. The fact that they don't play man to man should tell you something.

So are they good? I guess they are as far what is asked for them to do. Those fraudsters would get lost trying to play man to man in Capers system.

And another thing. I am really getting sick and tired of this Seahawk "fear frenzy". That's there whole game and they feed off other teams playing into it. The minute you show any sign of fear or uncertainty then that's how they get you. They even sucked MM into it in week 1. You gotta go right at these guys and punch em right back in the mouth harder. You don't let them dictate what you do. Especially when you have Aaron Rodgers and our weapons.

I hope we play the Seahawks in the playoffs at Lambeau. I really do. As long as MM doesn't come out and play half the field and run bubble screens to Jordy and try to sneak Lacy on a shotgun draw trap well be just fine. We just lined up against a better secondary then the Seahawks and put work in on them.

Last edited:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that we even got to that playoff game was a real miracle that year. We were done, eliminated from the playoffs in Week 17 that year. The Vikings were about to win the division with a 17-6 lead left against the NFL-worst Cardinals nearing the 2 minute warning at the end of the game and send us home for the playoffs. Somehow, not only did the Cardinals score on a 4th down, but recovered the onside kick, drove down the field, and completed a desperation heave to the endzone on 4th and 24 as time expired to win us the division.

The WR that caught that was brought to Lambeau and also given keys to the city if I recall correctly

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Personally I don`t understand the continued anger against the Seahawks for the "Failmary". It happened, and its gone. It was a dubious call by a dubious referee. I`d like another crack at the Seahawks because they are good, but I believe we are better. Wilson is a great QB, that can`t really be disputed. JMHO

D

Deleted member 6794

Sure they can sit back in a cover 3 and use there length and intercept errant throws as a result from pressure up front but line Sherman or Maxwell 1v1 on a fast guy and there very average.

While the cover-3 scheme the Seahawks run is a pretty simple one offenses have had huge troubles scoring against them. The way to beat them is to involve either the TE or a RB in the passing game or being able to run the ball on their eight man front. The Eagles don´t have a TE capable of doing what Antonio Gates did to them in week 2 (3 TDs) nor do I expect Philly being able to run vs. Seattle´s eight man box. The wild card in that game will be Darren Sproles IMO.

BTW you shouldn´t worry too much about the DB´s shortcomings, they allow the fewest receiving yards per game to opposing WRs.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I don`t understand the continued anger against the Seahawks for the "Failmary". It happened, and its gone. It was a dubious call by a dubious referee. I`d like another crack at the Seahawks because they are good, but I believe we are better. Wilson is a great QB, that can`t really be disputed. JMHO

Because of how they were acting afterwards...golden Tate had the nerve to act like he caught that ball. Wilson is a good qb but he's overrated. I wonder how good he'd do without that defense?? That is the only reason why I respect the Seachickens because I surely can't stand Pete caroll either.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd probably be more forgiving of Tate's interpretation of the "catch" if he hadn't gotten away with a blatant, most obvious ever offensive pass interference on the play.

At the time I was angry with Wilson but in retrospect I'm not. What is he going to say, "we got away with one?"

But I find Carroll to be an enormous hypocrite. He goes on and on about how the officials called it the way they saw it, they had a great celebration on it, the referee was standing right there looking, sports are like that, yadda yadda yadda. He then got on Harbaugh's case later that season for criticizing officiating. 8 months before that at the end of 2011, Carroll said he was "really upset" at the officials for not calling a Crabtree pushoff on Brandon Browner where Seattle lost to the 49ers on Christmas Eve.

This year he's done nothing but **** and moan about the officiating. Penalties, the fumble call against the Rams, everything. Short-term memory, huh? I guess it's not just "sports are like that" anymore, huh? Don't worry Pete, I'm sure the Rams at least had a great celebration on it.

Seahawker562

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well just like your example with Wilson saying "we got away with one" what do you expect Carroll to say? Anything that benefits his team getting a win or hes gonna go it. Although I do agree it is hypocritical of him to complain about it, most coaches do the same exact thing.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
While the cover-3 scheme the Seahawks run is a pretty simple one offenses have had huge troubles scoring against them. The way to beat them is to involve either the TE or a RB in the passing game or being able to run the ball on their eight man front. The Eagles don´t have a TE capable of doing what Antonio Gates did to them in week 2 (3 TDs) nor do I expect Philly being able to run vs. Seattle´s eight man box. The wild card in that game will be Darren Sproles IMO.

BTW you shouldn't worry too much about the DB´s shortcomings, they allow the fewest receiving yards per game to opposing WRs.

Celek is a capable receiving TE. I am well aware of how to beat Seahawks and matching up skill guys on there linebackers as they don't like to go nickle except for obvious pass downs.

Do me a favor and give me your report card on Seahawks D come Monday. Chip Kelley's offense is a 'Zone Killer". There going to get smoked.

This Seahawk D doesn't have near the front it had last year. It's not even close and there built to beat NFC West teams that can't throw.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Celek is a capable receiving TE.

Celek doesn´t have a single TD this season and his production has dropped off since 2012.

This Seahawk D doesn't have near the front it had last year. It's not even close and there built to beat NFC West teams that can't throw.

The Seahawks don´t have the dominant DL they had last season anymore but since Bobby Wagner returned from injury they have played lights out.

Taking a look at the remaining schedule I don´t think Packers fans should root for the Eagles in this one. Aside of this game Philly doesn´t have any tough matchups remaining on their schedule and the Packers would probably have to win out to get the #1 seed if the Eagles win this week.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Nobody melts down with flair, fanfare and panache like the Minnesota Vikings.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Celek doesn´t have a single TD this season and his production has dropped off since 2012.

The Seahawks don´t have the dominant DL they had last season anymore but since Bobby Wagner returned from injury they have played lights out.

Taking a look at the remaining schedule I don´t think Packers fans should root for the Eagles in this one. Aside of this game Philly doesn´t have any tough matchups remaining on their schedule and the Packers would probably have to win out to get the #1 seed if the Eagles win this week.

Wagner is a stud no doubt about it. Probably the biggest unsung hero on that team.

I agree 100 percent as the Seahawks still have to win in Arizona and play a tough Rams team. I just believe Philly wins this game at home. I don't think the Seahawks will be able to manufacture enough points. If you look at the teams Philly's offense has been slowed down some it was against teams that can play man to man schemes effectively.

Us, Arizona, SF

The only problem I could see Philly having in this one that could give Seahawks a chance is if Philly does not convert TD's in red zone.

Also, if Seahawks lose this game they will be 2-2 against both the AFC West and the NFC east which points to them not really having any dominance league wide. Last year was an aberration of sorts. This Seahawk team is capable of playing "small ball" with NFC west teams but no longer a home run threat IMO. If you want the truth I am more concerned about the Bills D and having to go to Buffalo.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly my argument. I don't want to watch a sorry Falcons team play the Seahawks and get murdered. I'd rather watch the Seahawks play Dallas, Philly, Detroit, or even San Fran again.

Yeah who wanted to watch the sorry 7-9 Seahawks get murdered by the Saints in 2010...oops, never mind.

The Packers were 8-7-1 last year and they got in. I wonder what everyone used as justification for this being acceptable. They were above .500? because we all know 8-7-1 is a sign of a much better team than 8-8 or even 7-9. Rodgers was hurt for half the season and we were really a much better team than our record once we got him back? Because we all because we all know how our playoff run worked out last year with that much better team. We won the division so we deserve to be in? OK, this one makes sense but it makes sense for everyone not just the Packers.

As long as they have divisions the division winners will and should get an automatic bid. It has to mean something to win your division otherwise why have them and why play 2 games against each of the other teams. I could see them playing around with seeding but I doubt they would even do that. If they get rid of the automatic bid for the division winners they might as well do away with divisions all together and just let the top 6 teams in.

The best way to "fix" the injustice of having a 11-5 or 10-6 team not make the playoffs because a 9-7 or 8-8 or 7-9 division winner has to get in is to simply add 1 more playoff team. Give the one team with the best record a bye and make it really something to shoot for and get the extra revenue from the extra playoff game. 6 games instead of 4 on wildcard weekend. It's a win win situation for everyone involved and it won't water down the playoffs it will make them stronger because theoretically the only reason they are adding the other team is to let a team with a better record than the worst team in which will raise the over winning percentage of playoff teams.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They already discussed the record of one division winner being lower than some wildcard teams or teams that do not get in and it did not go over well and will not be changed. The only way to make it really fair for all teams is to completely REMOVE all Divisions and make all NFC teams play each other once. That would be 16 games against every one in the NFC for your record. There would be no NFC-AFC games during the Season.

Are the Packers ready to have no Division at all and to play all the NFC teams once to determine their Standing?

Imagine what would have happened year after year without playing the Bears, Vikings, and Lions twice a year?

Getting Rid of the Divisions would change a lot for sure and expose other things as well.

Right now it may not be perfect, but it works and just adding another team to the playoffs would probably be the easiest and fairest thing to do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

They already discussed the record of one division winner being lower than some wildcard teams or teams that do not get in and it did not go over well and will not be changed. The only way to make it really fair for all teams is to completely REMOVE all Divisions and make all NFC teams play each other once. That would be 16 games against every one in the NFC for your record. There would be no NFC-AFC games during the Season

That would result in only 15 games though as it's really tough to play against your own team. ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then get rid of the divisions altogether. There's no point or purpose of handing a team a little meaningless trophy with "Division Champions" on it like they won a 4H ribbon in the Little Ceasars Pizza Bowl if you're not going to provide them with a meaningful reward for it.

Hey, don't you be belittling my 4 h ribbon. And it was the Dominos pizza bowl:D

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I don't believe in putting a team 7-9 in the playoffs over a team that may be 11-5 I think you keep divisions in event that there is multiple teams with the same record. The team or teams that won more division games gets the nod. For example Packers go 10-6 and cowboys go 10-6 but the Packers lose 1 div game and the Cowboys lose 2?? Well the Packers get the nod. Now say both teams have the same record? And same amount if division wins?? Ok then you take the opponents combined wins and break the tie like that.

if two teams from different divisions have the same record I see no reason why division record should be a major tie breaker. In your example what if the Eagles, Redskins and Giants are all above 500 and the Bears, Lions and vikings are all 3-13 The Packers get the nod due to the fact they beat up on 3 patsies for 5 games while the cowboys lose out because they lost to 2 good teams? It rewards the good teams playing in bad divisions which is what everyone wants to avoid. Tie breakers should be (1) head to head (2) common opponent (3) winning percentage of opponents beaten (quality of wins?) (4) ???

Members online

Latest posts