There's a real possibility....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring on the seahawks, we owe them a good one. Hell, lets make Hasselbeck and al Harris honorary captains for the game

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't give up on Arizona just yet even with Stanton as there undefeated at home. They just played two road games and get to go back home against a Kansas City team that is so so away from home. Detroit just went through the same thing and seemed to re-gain themselves with a home game last Thursday.

Also, I don't think Seattle can go in to Philadelphia and beat them. They don't match up well against Philly offense. Seattle's whole game is putting eight guys in the box and forcing teams to throw and that won't work against Philly offense.

The Niners are done. Kaepernick has regressed and they have holes in there secondary.

I still expect Arizona to hold on and win the west.

I would really like the Cardinals to win the West, but I don´t think it´s going to happen. As of right now the Seahawks are the only team in the NFC I´m really scared of, especially if we would have to play in Seattle. Their defense has played lights out over the last two games allowing an average of 184 yards and a total of six points.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would really like the Cardinals to win the West, but I don´t think it´s going to happen. As of right now the Seahawks are the only team in the NFC I´m really scared of, especially if we would have to play in Seattle. Their defense has played lights out over the last two games allowing an average of 184 yards and a total of six points.

Yea and that's against what I thought was a pretty balanced San Francisco offense at their place. Then again they forced Kap to beat them through the air and I don't see him being that type of a qb ..it's only against us he looks like Steve Young .

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They really should create a provision that requires 8 wins to qualify for the playoffs. Its a joke if NO gets a home game at 7-9. This situation has happened what once.....with the Seahawks? Its not like it would happen all that often.

Owners have said that winning your division should be rewarded..

I dont agree with it tho..

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Owners have said that winning your division should be rewarded..

I dont agree with it tho..

Ok so give them a trophy if it makes them feel good...but if you are not in the top 6 teams in regards to record I don't think you deserve to be in the playoffs...the playoffs should be about the best teams regardless of division records or winners . Makes for better football .

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so give them a trophy if it makes them feel good...but if you are not in the top 6 teams in regards to record I don't think you deserve to be in the playoffs...

Why have divisions then?

just have NFC and AFC, then top 6 in each go on

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then get rid of the divisions altogether. There's no point or purpose of handing a team a little meaningless trophy with "Division Champions" on it like they won a 4H ribbon in the Little Ceasars Pizza Bowl if you're not going to provide them with a meaningful reward for it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

No. Seattle is the last place we want to go so we have to keep winning. Seattle isn't as scary as last year but there always scary at Seattle. There next game at Philly is really going to be a good measuring stick. I think they lose at Philly as they don't match up all that well. Seattle matches up well against teams that they can throw 8 in the box against and force them to throw. Basically inviting them to throw. There gonna have to score more then 19 points this weekend to beat Philly and I don't think they get it.

My gut tells me Zona will blow it unless Stanton turns it around but Seattle would have to win out and Zona would have to go 2-2 so it's no for sure thing Seattle gets some type of home field advantage let alone win the division. They might get one home playoff game if I were to predict it.

I would welcome them coming to Lambeau most definitely. That is a game I would want to go to.

D

Deleted member 6794

No. Seattle is the last place we want to go so we have to keep winning. Seattle isn't as scary as last year but there always scary at Seattle. There next game at Philly is really going to be a good measuring stick. I think they lose at Philly as they don't match up all that well. Seattle matches up well against teams that they can throw 8 in the box against and force them to throw. Basically inviting them to throw. There gonna have to score more then 19 points this weekend to beat Philly and I don't think they get it.

My gut tells me Zona will blow it unless Stanton turns it around but Seattle would have to win out and Zona would have to go 2-2 so it's no for sure thing Seattle gets some type of home field advantage let alone win the division. They might get one home playoff game if I were to predict it.

I would welcome them coming to Lambeau most definitely. That is a game I would want to go to.

I don't think the Seahawks match up bad with the Eagles aside from special teams maybe.

BTW if the Seahawks win the second meeting with the Cardinals they'll hold the tie breaker over Arizona and would have to win only one game more over the rest of the season.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't think the Seahawks match up bad with the Eagles aside from special teams maybe.

BTW if the Seahawks win the second meeting with the Cardinals they'll hold the tie breaker over Arizona and would have to win only one game more over the rest of the season.

Seahawks match up horribly against Eagles. It might be there worse match up in the league. Philly can get to the QB and Seahawks give up a lot of sacks. Seahawk secondary is slow other then Thomas and will get spread out. The Seahawks don't have db's that can go man to man so there will be holes in there zone. If Sanchez makes the throws they could beat Seattle pretty convincingly IMO. The clincher is it's at Philly and Seattle is not a great road team in games they have to travel a substantial distance. The Seahawks are built to play NFC West teams that can't throw and like to run the ball.

BTW, that's what I posted. The Seahawks have to win two more games then cards from here on out to take division assuming Niners don't get back in it which I don't believe they will. I see the Seahawks going 2-2 so that's why I think cards can hold on if they can re-group this weekend playing at home where they are 6-0.

Edit: Simply put, the Seahawks need home field advantage in there loud rainy stadium to have any chance to make a run.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Seahawks match up horribly against Eagles. It might be there worse match up in the league. Philly can get to the QB and Seahawks give up a lot of sacks. Seahawk secondary is slow other then Thomas and will get spread out. The Seahawks don't have db's that can go man to man so there will be holes in there zone. If Sanchez makes the throws they could beat Seattle pretty convincingly IMO. The clincher is it's at Philly and Seattle is not a great road team in games they have to travel a substantial distance. The Seahawks are built to play NFC West teams that can't throw and like to run the ball.

That's what you told me for months before the season opener and we all know how that worked out. The Seahawks actually have problems covering TEs (no real threat there with the Eagles) or teams capable of running the ball effectively (will see if Philly will be able to do that).

BTW, that's what I posted. The Seahawks have to win two more games then cards from here on out to take division assuming Niners don't get back in it which I don't believe they will. I see the Seahawks going 2-2 so that's why I think cards can hold on if they can re-group this weekend playing at home where they are 6-0.

Once again, if the Seahawks win the second meeting with the Cardinals they only have to win one more game than the Cards from now on.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That's what you told me for months before the season opener and we all know how that worked out. The Seahawks actually have problems covering TEs (no real threat there with the Eagles) or teams capable of running the ball effectively (will see if Philly will be able to do that).

Once again, if the Seahawks win the second meeting with the Cardinals they only have to win one more game than the Cards from now on.

It's not time to re-visit that game but I will say it's become plainly obvious we didn't attack them correctly. They don't even have Mebane or Harvin anymore and there offense has regressed. I am not worried about Seattle as long as we get them at Lambeau. It really doesn't matter if they win there division as long as we have a better record then them which we do now.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC teams and games left just to look at...Looking at things GB and DET have the easiest games left. It should come down to the last game in GB to decide a lot of things in the NFC.

AZ 9-3 KC / @STL / SEA / SF

GB 9-3 ATL / @TB / @BUF / DET

PHIL 9-3 SEA / DAL / @WASH / @NYG

SEA 8-4 @Phil / SF / @AZ / STL

DET 8-4 TB / MIN / @CHI / @GB

DAL 8-4 @CHI / @Phil / IND / @WASH

SF 7-5 @OAK / @SEA / SD / AZ

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
NFC teams and games left just to look at...Looking at things GB and DET have to easiest games left.

AZ 9-3 KC / @STL / SEA / SF

GB 9-3 ATL / @TB / @BUF / DET

PHIL 9-3 SEA / DAL / @WASH / @NYG

SEA 8-4 @Phil / SF / @AZ / STL

DET 8-4 TB / MIN / @CHI / @GB

DAL 8-4 @CHI / @Phil / IND / @WASH

SF 7-5 @OAK / @SEA / SD / AZ

Exactly. So unless Detroit has a melt down which they could they probably make it. Then you got Dallas and either Zona or Seahawks battling it out for final spot. We just need to take care of business and win these very winnable games coming up and well be just fine. I will take the Pack at home against any of these teams.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. So unless Detroit has a melt down which they could they probably make it. Then you got Dallas and either Zona or Seahawks battling it out for final spot. We just need to take care of business and win these very winnable games coming up and well be just fine. I will take the Pack at home against any of these teams.

I definitely see AZ close to out of it they have lost key Starters on their Offense and even with their Defense I don't think they can score enough to win the games they need to win. Dallas is in a tight spot, but has played well on the road this year they still have a shot with the Offense they have. Seattle is gelling at the right time and could win most of their remaining games. Detroit is getting back their Offensive players and has a decent Defense so they will be in it. Philly has a ton of Offense and as long as Sanchez keeps this up they look like they are in. SF doesn't look like they will be making it at all right now.

So I would say SF is out, AZ is almost out, Dallas is next and the rest of the teams will make it.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why have divisions then?

just have NFC and AFC, then top 6 in each go on

Although I don't believe in putting a team 7-9 in the playoffs over a team that may be 11-5 I think you keep divisions in event that there is multiple teams with the same record. The team or teams that won more division games gets the nod. For example Packers go 10-6 and cowboys go 10-6 but the Packers lose 1 div game and the Cowboys lose 2?? Well the Packers get the nod. Now say both teams have the same record? And same amount if division wins?? Ok then you take the opponents combined wins and break the tie like that.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then get rid of the divisions altogether. There's no point or purpose of handing a team a little meaningless trophy with "Division Champions" on it like they won a 4H ribbon in the Little Ceasars Pizza Bowl if you're not going to provide them with a meaningful reward for it.

Sure it does...free little Ceasars pizza for a month.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All you guys talking about Seattle not matching up well with Philly because of Phillys offense need to calm down. I'll take our offense over Philly any day and Seattle shut us down so that argument doesn't make any sense. Riley cooper, Sproles, McCoy, maclin, Sanchez??? Over Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, Bennett, irvin, chancellor, and those boys? YeaI'll take Seattle and it's not even close. Let's just hope Seattle slips up and we finish undefeated. That's a better argument.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
All you guys talking about Seattle not matching up well with Philly because of Phillys offense need to calm down. I'll take our offense over Philly any day and Seattle shut us down so that argument doesn't make any sense. Riley cooper, Sproles, McCoy, maclin, Sanchez??? Over Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, Bennett, irvin, chancellor, and those boys? YeaI'll take Seattle and it's not even close. Let's just hope Seattle slips up and we finish undefeated. That's a better argument.

Well this is another one of these deals where I will come back and re-visit this next week and be right like almost always. Seattle will not be able to get pressure on Sanchez with the 4 guys they have up front. Sherman is a slow *** who can't play man to man and either can Maxwell. In Chip Kelley's offense there will be open receivers in Seattle's zone. Then Seattle won't be able to put extra guy in the box which they love to do and McCoy and Sproles then have space to work. If Sanchez makes the throw you can take this game to the bank. Seattle won't be able to keep up. Once again if it was at Seattle I would give them a shot in a rain storm. Easy money winner is Philly at home and you don't even have to give up any points.

And you forgot Jordan Matthews who can ball.

We have a secondary that can go man to man. Seattle does not. I really think it's about time people start recognizing and giving our defense the credit that is due.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a secondary that can go man to man. Seattle does not. I really think it's about time people start recognizing and giving our defense the credit that is due.

No question the D is playing head and shoulders above the last 3 1/2 years. It's just that, after those 3 1/2 years, I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop (again).

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No question the D is playing head and shoulders above the last 3 1/2 years. It's just that, after those 3 1/2 years, I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop (again).

Yeah well it just irks me off a little. The Seahawks go shut down Kaeperdork and Drew Stanton and now it's like watch out for the Seahawks. Whoopie doooo!

We go out and slow down Tom Brady and shut down a Chip Kelley offense and were waiting for the shoe to fall off. We have a capable defense. If some team like the Seahawks wants to grind it out on the ground with a running back that has almost no cartilage left in his spine on borrowed time let em. If we don't turn the ball over it won't work.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah well it just irks me off a little. The Seahawks go shut down Kaeperdork and Drew Stanton and now it's like watch out for the Seahawks. Whoopie doooo!

We go out and slow down Tom Brady and shut down a Chip Kelley offense and were waiting for the shoe to fall off. We have a capable defense. If some team like the Seahawks wants to grind it out on the ground with a running back that has almost no cartilage left in his spine on borrowed time let em. If we don't turn the ball over it won't work.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread not being optimistic about the Packers after beating the Patriots and the defense containing Brady (I even said there's only one team in the NFC scaring me as of right now). So it would be nice if you wouldn't make stuff up.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense has played the type of defense to be able to win the whole thing at times but to compare them to Seattle is foolish. To say we have a better secondary is foolish, how many players in our secondary were all pro last yr? Yea I counted zero as well while Seattle had what? 3? Come on I hate Seattle as well but as a football person I'm a realist. Yes we slowed down Philly so major props to our defense but we are not on Seattles level yet people smh. Our defense has some good players but we need to be good for more than a couple of quarters .

Members online

Latest posts