There is a Coaching Deficiency in Green Bay

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I apologize, as it may seem like I'm beating a dead horse here. But it is getting more and more difficult to watch this team. I live in the region where the Titans are broadcast, and I'm just amazed at how much better their game planning and coaching is.

Looking at our defense on paper, it really isn't bad. OLBs are not good, but Tennessee was starting Correa when they destroyed NE. They just seemed to have done their homework. I don't know what on earth our game plan was- don't cover anyone within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage? That was pathetic. We could not generate any sort of a pass rush, couldn't cover anyone. It's not just talent that is the issue, we just seem completely unprepared and unsure how to run anything but a completely vanilla defense, no matter the opponent.

Likewise, on offense, McCarthy reminds me of myself playing Madden-completely impatient and unwilling to play the long game, just because you have an amazing QB who can make things happen. He seems like a coach who has lost confidence in his ability to manage a game, but is too proud to admit it and just calls a lot of low percentage, high reward plays. It doesn't matter who the QB is, a low percentage play is a low percentage play. He makes things harder on the entire offense. Rodgers doesn't help with his propensity to go for the big play- but when you are receiving terrible situational play calls and feel the need to have to take the game into your own hands to make something happen, I can understand. Absolutely ridiculous that short and manageable situations look so difficult, and how we refuse to run the ball.

There is no way that Tennessee has more talent on offense. So how on earth did they put up twice as many points against New England? Look at the guy running the show. The offense was outdated 6 years ago, according to former players. Now it is just prehistoric.

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our defense is pretty darn good and has been improving all season.
They have been great in two games- against Josh Allen and Brock Osweiller. Very poor otherwise.

McCarthy doesn't seem to be able to adjust the gameplan to what he's got. A late round rookie CANNOT execute this offense like Jordy could. McCarthy doesn't get "it".

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One team has a ton of high draft picks, the other two pick low every draft. Can’t figure out how that Tennessee team has talent. Amazing how the greatest coach since St. Vincent lost.

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One team has a ton of high draft picks, the other two pick low every draft. Can’t figure out how that Tennessee team has talent. Amazing how the greatest coach since St. Vincent lost.
We have Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams, Graham, Aaron Jones, and a good O line. Yet we can hardly sustain a drive. Talent is not a bigger problem than coaching.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a crapload of 1st and 2nd year players. Starting. We will be ok. They will keep getting better. We, like the name you have on your avatar, get better as the year progresses.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something bad is gonna happen at the end of the game it always does in Seattle for F sake I can just see it happening like it’s inevitable

Gbehnke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Win or lose this game is evidence a coaching change is needed.

How many times do we have to watch receivers completely covered ? I wonder if they are telling the Seahawks the routes ?

Gbehnke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is embarrassing, we have a top 3 QB and are under five hundred.

But the Pack will fire the assistant special teams coach or some bs

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot reiterate how horrible of a play caller McCarthy is. Teams like KC and LA are doing everything they can to help out their QBs with great rhythmic play calling, while McCarthy seems to pick a number out of a hat. Absolutely no rhyme or reason or desire to coach to his players' strengths.

We have a RB now and our QB is injured? Let's completely forget the run pretend that we have the '11 WR corp who can run an entire route tree and have years of chemistry with the QB. Even though they are late round rookies and clearly on a different page and Rodgers doesn't trust them. And let's make sure that the only good receiver is 40 yards downfield on 3rd down. And although Rodgers clearly doesn't like to check down to guys in crowded areas of the field, let's keep putting them there instead of utilizing the player in a more effective manner. Again, no running, despite the fact that we are more efficient at it than most teams in the league.

Say what you will about the roster, our coach manages to find the things that we don't do well and expose it week after week. His ego will be the death of him. Even a mediocre coach like Garrett would have adjusted his play calling to what his team does well, or at least stay out of the way and let the QB call the plays. McCarthy is too stubborn to want to help this team.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot reiterate how horrible of a play caller McCarthy is. Teams like KC and LA are doing everything they can to help out their QBs with great rhythmic play calling, while McCarthy seems to pick a number out of a hat. Absolutely no rhyme or reason or desire to coach to his players' strengths.

Sure you can - you just did. :)

Members online