The Wide Receivers : Where do we stand now !!!

• Thread starter I_am_smoked_cheddar
  • Start date
OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
OK , Cobb , Nelson , & Boykin return for 2014. What about the rest? Who will start at Tight End ?

D

Deleted member 6794

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
OK , Cobb , Nelson , & Boykin return for 2014. What about the rest? Who will start at Tight End ?

Adams is a lock to make the team as well. I expect White, Harper, Dorsey, Abbrederis and Janis to battle for two remaining spots on the 53.

The battle for the starting spot at TE is wide open and it´s way too early to tell who will start at Seattle in week 1.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson, Cobb, Boykin and Adams are locks. Think the other 2 new guys, Abbrederis and Janis make the squad as well.

Guessing Quarless is our starter early in the season, but won't be surprised if Richard Rodgers takes over that spot. I'm more interested to see if we start showing some 2-TE sets.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams will take the top 4 spots. The 5th I think goes to Abbrederis if he can be used as a punt returner and the 6th spot is wide open.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams will take the top 4 spots. The 5th I think goes to Abbrederis if he can be used as a punt returner and the 6th spot is wide open.

This WR group is what I am thinking currently as well....I hope we can hide Janis on the Practice squad one year to grow and be there in case of injuries but gonna be tough keeping him there...I also love what I have been hearing from Harper, would not be shocked if Harper makes them keep 6 WRs because you know full well they won't want to let 2 of their 3 WR picks go to practice squad.

TE is interesting to me and while I see Quarless as the starter I do see Rodgers if he can pick up the playbook quickly becoming a interesting threat other teams have to deal with...and then there is the darkhorse with the most ability but most unknown Lyerla. Lyerla was rated the second best TE before his departure from Oregon and if he stays clean in GB honestly in 4 or 5 years could be a Donald Driver type story all over again with being a HUGE steal with what it took to grab him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This WR group is what I am thinking currently as well....I hope we can hide Janis on the Practice squad one year to grow and be there in case of injuries but gonna be tough keeping him there...I also love what I have been hearing from Harper, would not be shocked if Harper makes them keep 6 WRs because you know full well they won't want to let 2 of their 3 WR picks go to practice squad.

TE is interesting to me and while I see Quarless as the starter I do see Rodgers if he can pick up the playbook quickly becoming a interesting threat other teams have to deal with...and then there is the darkhorse with the most ability but most unknown Lyerla. Lyerla was rated the second best TE before his departure from Oregon and if he stays clean in GB honestly in 4 or 5 years could be a Donald Driver type story all over again with being a HUGE steal with what it took to grab him.

I think it comes down to how well Rodgers can block in-line at TE. If he can do that then I don't see why he wouldn't have a chance of playing right away or starting soon over Quarless.

D

Deleted member 6794

I hope we can hide Janis on the Practice squad one year to grow and be there in case of injuries but gonna be tough keeping him there.

Janis was the 236th pick in this year´s draft, if the Packers feel he isn´t ready to produce in the league this season I don´t think teams will line up to grab him off our practice squad.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Janis was the 236th pick in this year´s draft, if the Packers feel he isn´t ready to produce in the league this season I don´t think teams will line up to grab him off our practice squad.

They snatched Charles Johnson last year.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think people overlook Bostic to readily at TE. MM has gone on record as saying he's the best blocker amongst the TEs and he got placed on the active roster because teams were excited about his big play ability. The guy has been raw and if he continues to improve this offseason, I see no reason to think he wouldn't be the starter.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BB was overweight coming into OTA's (270) and hopefully no setbacks w/ his injury...Rich Rodgers has been getting a lot of positive attention in OTA's...can't freaking wait for preseason and actually see what's up

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people overlook Bostic to readily at TE. MM has gone on record as saying he's the best blocker amongst the TEs and he got placed on the active roster because teams were excited about his big play ability. The guy has been raw and if he continues to improve this offseason, I see no reason to think he wouldn't be the starter.

I don't think BB is on the outside but I do feel Lyerla's upside if clean is going to make it hard for Pack to choose BB over him...in a perfect world we keep BB as well but here's the thing....6 WRs is highly likely...could numbers allow also 4 active TEs...all depends on some other position numbers and who can roll with special teams too....

Would it surprise if BB woke up and shake people to realize he shouldn't have been kinda forgotten...not at all and for the Pack's sake I hope he does.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Janis is better than Charles Johnson whom we couldn't hide.....

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We stand anywhere between 6-10 to 9-7... We still have the same DC and our best offensive weapons are slightly above average at best (returning players). This is the first season in a LOOOONG time that I am not excited about. I hope I am wrong, but IMO we did not improve our talent pool as much as our division opponents have.
Really Munny? I know it is one tough schedule but I think they'll have their best offense since AR has been starting, and they did improve the defense (although DC and that unit have to prove themselves). Still, I think 11-5 is realistic and will win the NFC North again. Beyond that - will depend on how well the defense plays. I don't want another 15-1, one and done season. The defense has to get back way closer to 2010 form. Still with this offense, they should win most games where they don't allow more than 21 points. We'll see.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is about to have a breakout season and Boykin is going to turn a lot of heads this year. As for Jordy, he best return to his 2011 form because he took a step back last year.
Nelson took a step back last year? 1300 yards and 8 games w/o Rodgers. Not sure I agree with that. Boykin will make the team and I think it will be between him and the rookie Adams for no. 3. They are going to be cutting some good WRs before September.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^in wolf's defense he stated that about Jordy last August so not based on last season but the season prior.

Members online

Latest posts