The Truth About The NFL Labor Dispute

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Hello all you Green and Gold Packer Fans! Thought I would stop by and drop something for you to read. I know, I know, you are asking yourself, "Why is this ViQueens fan posting here?" Well, I am here as a fan of the game of football and I am just plain pissed off with both sides. I thought you might like this article as it pretty much sums it all up in a nutshell...

I especially like the quote, "Now, I'm no genius, but it appears that the NFL might want to start over with brand new players in 2012 . New players with lower contract demands and no revenue sharing. The new league will be pretty much up to snuff in 2014 and the pockets of the wealthy will be bulging even further."

That is an excellent idea. I wonder how many of the current NFL players would come back and how many of them would simply 'retire' from the game and rely on their college education to carry them forward.

Personally, I don't like either side. I think they are all a bunch of F'ing smacktards. Close the NFL and start over.

Enjoy and weep.

~Val

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting read.

At this point I can only go on who's pissed me off less. To date that would be the players by a hair.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello all you Green and Gold Packer Fans! Thought I would stop by and drop something for you to read. I know, I know, you are asking yourself, "Why is this ViQueens fan posting here?" Well, I am here as a fan of the game of football and I am just plain pissed off with both sides. I thought you might like this article as it pretty much sums it all up in a nutshell...

I especially like the quote, "Now, I'm no genius, but it appears that the NFL might want to start over with brand new players in 2012 . New players with lower contract demands and no revenue sharing. The new league will be pretty much up to snuff in 2014 and the pockets of the wealthy will be bulging even further."

That is an excellent idea. I wonder how many of the current NFL players would come back and how many of them would simply 'retire' from the game and rely on their college education to carry them forward.

Personally, I don't like either side. I think they are all a bunch of F'ing smacktards. Close the NFL and start over.

Enjoy and weep.

~Val
I can see why you'd have no problem starting over being a Vikings fan.
If my team was in the cellar, I'd feel that way too.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sup Viking fan, although you bring to us ill tidings, I won't shoot the messenger, Viking fan though you be. You happen to be one of my favorite Vikings fans (Raptorman is another). I enjoy reading your posts and value your inputs. :)

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not entirely a bad idea. Problem then becomes who supports it and will it be enough to put into action?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh? You mean that an unbiased Vikings fan thinks it's a great idea to start with new players in 2012, after the Packers just won a SB and are poised to be contenders for a decade, and that the Vikings organization just finished last place in the division, are the oldest team in football and are in rebuilding mode?

Why don't you say! I also believe it's a neat idea!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeepers Creepers, PackersRS! I didn't think of it like that from a Vikings fans perspective, I guess it would be a good idea to them, LOL! Still lov you, Val! ;) Can't really blame the Vikings fans for that, they had a rough year, meanwhile the Packers won the SB.

Let's try this idea in reverse, shall we. How about the players disband and secede from the league to form a new league? I understand the improbability of this idea, it would be impossible to retain the team names and it may not be possible to keep the teams themselves intact, but still, it's a thought. Two can play at this game.

I think this is more of a threat, a scare tactic used by the owners to try and bring the players to heel. I can't imagine things have gotten this bad where that would actually become a viable option. I really think right now they are more in the pissing contest stage. Hopefully they will soon move on and realize they are all big boys and work this out.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
That's why I hope mediation continues. At this point I am afraid that both sides have too much ego at stake and neither one will want to flinch. If they can find an excuse to compromise and still make it seem like they "won" I am hopeful that this can still be worked out, if not, we could be in for a long ride.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts