The path for Aaron Rodgers to become the GOAT

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I doubt this is the Path to being GOAT that anyone wanted to see #12 take, but I do believe there is a good possibility his injury will add one more big layer to his being the GOAT.

That layer is watching how well a team does or doesn't do after losing 1 player from their active roster of 53. The Patriots have lost Brady a few times for extended time periods and while they were better with Brady, there wasn't a substantial drop off in the success of the team.

Obviously, as a Packer fan, I hope this doesn't happen, but my prediction is, we are going to see a pretty substantial drop off with the loss of #12. This isn't going to just be a small decline, it's going to be pretty big. People may want to blame the decline on injuries to the OL, but actually #12 was winning with a very patchwork OL. Blame the defense for the loses? AR was winning despite a crappy defense.

Possibly when the 2017 Season concludes, the Packers will have won a game or 2 without Aaron Rodgers, when that happens people are going to have to really look at just how good Aaron Rodgers alone made the Packers. That to me, might be worth more than just being a guy who QB's a solid team to SB wins.
Good thoughts.

Brady missed essentially the entire year in 2008 and the Patriots still went 11-5. Without Brady the first 4 games of last season, the Patriots were 3-1. And even won a game with their third string quarterback.

While I don't see the Packers having that type of success without Rodgers for the next 8 (minimum) weeks, I'm hoping upon hope that we can someone eek out a .500 record. I've been one of the harshest critics of the overall talent on this roster, and I still stand by what I have said regarding the lack of overall talent on the team, but one thing is for sure, we're about to find out quickly. And we're going to see just how good of a football coach Mike McCarthy is. A really good head coach can schematically and methodically win some games.

The Packers were 2-5-1 without Rodgers in 2013. But this time, we have a young understudy who's been in the system.

So I'm hoping we'll be able to snag some wins in 12's absence, but I have to admit that I fear the opposite.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Good thoughts.

Brady missed essentially the entire year in 2008 and the Patriots still went 11-5. Without Brady the first 4 games of last season, the Patriots were 3-1. And even won a game with their third string quarterback.

While I don't see the Packers having that type of success without Rodgers for the next 8 (minimum) weeks, I'm hoping upon hope that we can someone eek out a .500 record. I've been one of the harshest critics of the overall talent on this roster, and I still stand by what I have said regarding the lack of overall talent on the team, but one thing is for sure, we're about to find out quickly. And we're going to see just how good of a football coach Mike McCarthy is. A really good head coach can schematically and methodically win some games.

The Packers were 2-5-1 without Rodgers in 2013. But this time, we have a young understudy who's been in the system.

So I'm hoping we'll be able to snag some wins in 12's absence, but I have to admit that I fear the opposite.

I don't think we see #12 back this season, if we do, it wouldn't be until mid January, during the playoffs, which the Packers would have to make with Hundley or someone else at QB. Everything I am reading or hearing seems to point to the fact that because this is AR's throwing shoulder, he won't be fully able to play for 3 months. He may heal as quick as he did in 2013, but that was a broken collarbone on his non-throwing arm. During his recovering, he was able to start throwing the ball early on, helping him to keep his right arm strength up, as well as keep from getting rusty. He won't have that luxury this time. They also haven't announced where the break was or how severe it was. Various times of recovery for various breaks.

McCarthy will definitely help scheme the offense, knowing Hundley's abilities and limitations. However, without a run game, I don't think Hundley will be able to pace this offense to enough points to keep up with what our defense is going to allow other teams to score. Time of possession is going to start swinging very favorably to the opponents and that won't bode well for our defense.

I hope Hundley and the defense prove me wrong.

Members online

Latest posts