The Packers IR player to return is....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
At least our problems at CB are finally solved with this Makinton guy! Start making your Super Bowl plans now!

OK, maybe this guy is ready to play, but if he is just another body out there, stumbling around, wouldn't it have been better to have just left him on IR and actually brought a veteran street FA in to play the position? Seriously, are there really no unemployed veteran CB's out there that don't offer more than this guy?

D

Deleted member 6794

OK, maybe this guy is ready to play, but if he is just another body out there, stumbling around, wouldn't it have been better to have just left him on IR and actually brought a veteran street FA in to play the position? Seriously, are there really no unemployed veteran CB's out there that don't offer more than this guy?

Dorleant is another one of these promising undrafted free agents the Packers hope will turn into a decent contributor. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out that way since Shields in 2010.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anybody know this guys was on the team? I thought the guy writing the article just slapped the keyboard with his face and spelled a name. Makington Dorleant?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a faint recollection of the name from this preseason. I know nothing about him

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least our problems at CB are finally solved with this Makinton guy! Start making your Super Bowl plans now!

A free agent who isn't good enough at this point in the year to make any other of the 31 rosters probably can't contribute much more, if any.

D

Deleted member 6794

A free agent who isn't good enough at this point in the year to make any other of the 31 rosters probably can't contribute much more, if any.

I guess that a veteran who has proven to be able to perform at a decent level in the NFL would be a better choice over an undrafted rookie that has spent all season on injured reserve.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I guess I would counter with, do you think Dorleant is good enough to contribute on any of the other 31 rosters as well? With as bad as our secondary has been, I just can't make sense of putting another rookie UDFA in it. I hope TT proves me wrong.

H

HardRightEdge

From his Pro Day:

5' 11", 177 lbs (I hope he's been eating)
16 lifts (pretty darn good for a skinny guy)
4.40 (at least he's faster than the guys we've been putting out there)
39" vertical (he can jump)
10' 3" long (more jumping)
4.45 shuttle / 7.03 3-cone (these numbers do not bespeak quick twitch)

With what appears to be good straight line speed and decent upper body strength, we could be looking at a new gunner!

Whoopdedo!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been quoted saying " I don't think there's a wr in the NFL who can run away from me." Lol good enough for me haha !! At least he will be close enough to make the tackle if he gives up a reception 40 yds downfield! Can't say that about another corner who will be playing Monday Night for the Green Bay Packers.

Sky King

Reaction score
From his Pro Day:

5' 11", 177 lbs (I hope he's been eating)
16 lifts (pretty darn good for a skinny guy)
4.40 (at least he's faster than the guys we've been putting out there)
39" vertical (he can jump)
10' 3" long (more jumping)
4.45 shuttle / 7.03 3-cone (these numbers do not bespeak quick twitch)

With what appears to be good straight line speed and decent upper body strength, we could be looking at a new gunner!

Whoopdedo!
That should put him two or three steps behind the receivers, same as Hyde, Rollins and Gunter. But at least there's some hope he'll get close enough to lunge at the WR's ankles just before he crosses the goal line.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh lets see....Browner is available. Troy Hill while fresh off a DUI was available and I guess still is as he is back on a PS. Chris Culliver has bounced around after starting for the Panthers last year. Tramon was available before the deadline for little to nothing and a few dollars off the cap. TT has turned the defensive backfield into what resembles the first rookie camp of the offseason.

I need a hit of that sunshine and rainbows concoction Teddy is serving some of you. He could have easily brought in a guy with experience the second that game ended as everyone on earth knew Goodson was going to IR. If it didn't work you still go and activate someone off IR later. If it did work and you started to get back to contending then you had a shot at Big Ed returning.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think he's an upgrade. I mean seriously guy's...you can't get any worse than what we currently have in the secondary. My philosophy is if you're going to leave your corners on an island? draft corners who you know can run with people. The display I witnessed Sunday Night of all the chasing, and seeing guys just flat out getting burnt made me question if some of these guys even belong in the NFL. My answer after that was no.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh lets see....Browner is available. Troy Hill while fresh off a DUI was available and I guess still is as he is back on a PS. Chris Culliver has bounced around after starting for the Panthers last year. Tramon was available before the deadline for little to nothing and a few dollars off the cap. TT has turned the defensive backfield into what resembles the first rookie camp of the offseason.

I need a hit of that sunshine and rainbows concoction Teddy is serving some of you. He could have easily brought in a guy with experience the second that game ended as everyone on earth knew Goodson was going to IR. If it didn't work you still go and activate someone off IR later. If it did work and you started to get back to contending then you had a shot at Big Ed returning.
Ted could easily fix everything according to you and then you come back with trading for a washed up Tramon or picking up Browner thinking it fixes anything LOL.

I don't thin Dorleant is fixing anything. At this point there isn't anybody available that is fixing anything. Might as well see if he can play going forward over a guy who clearly can not any more. But I guess you'd at least recognize the name

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Makinton Dorleant is an undrafted rookie free agent out of Northern Iowa who has been sitting on IR with a hamstring injury since Sep. 5th. If people are expecting something, then we might as well not waste first and second round picks on guys like Randall and Rollins. While I will admit, he is an unknown, a fresh body, but come on man.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Antonio cromartie

Every time I say this some people in here get bent out of shape! But Clearly don't know football either which is the sad part. Cromartie is an EXPERIENCED corner..but they swear it's just because he's a "name" corner. But look where these "no name" corners have gotten us tho lol. The last "name" corner TT signed was Charles Woodson. How'd he turn out?