The Official Randy Pole...er I mean Poll

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is just no way Al Davis will take that little for Randy Moss. You guys have to remember the following things

1) The Raiders are under the cap and will have no issue signing all their picks including the #1 overall

2) We are most likely drafting the kid from LSU who has as strong an arm as the NFL has ever seen

3) Randy is the predominant deep threat in all of football to pair up with the kid with the cannon

4) Kiffin has publicly stated him and Moss have had good phone conversations and he is excited to play for him.

As it stands now, I believe Randy stays in Oakland unless a big time offer comes our way. I don't think that offer is coming, so I don't think Randy is getting traded. I would be absolutely shocked if Al accepted less than a #1 pick, and I believe he would want more than that.

DannoMac21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is just no way Al Davis will take that little for Randy Moss. You guys have to remember the following things

1) The Raiders are under the cap and will have no issue signing all their picks including the #1 overall

2) We are most likely drafting the kid from LSU who has as strong an arm as the NFL has ever seen

3) Randy is the predominant deep threat in all of football to pair up with the kid with the cannon

4) Kiffin has publicly stated him and Moss have had good phone conversations and he is excited to play for him.

As it stands now, I believe Randy stays in Oakland unless a big time offer comes our way. I don't think that offer is coming, so I don't think Randy is getting traded. I would be absolutely shocked if Al accepted less than a #1 pick, and I believe he would want more than that.

ESPN has now confirmed the story about the phone conversation at the Senior Bowl, where Moss told Kiffin he didn't want to play for a 31-year-old coach.

DannoMac21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A rumor guy on another Packer forum says...

"Apparently Moss is going to pull a T.O. if he isn't traded soon. He is tired of Davis' Bullsh*t and is willing to go the extra mile to make it tough on the organization."

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
celticraider said:

ESPN has now confirmed the story about the phone conversation at the Senior Bowl, where Moss told Kiffin he didn't want to play for a 31-year-old coach.

Link?

DannoMac21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DannoMac21 said:
celticraider said:

Link?

I believe it's old. I got it from a messege board, a guy posted it.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe it's old. I got it from a messege board, a guy posted it.
You got your info from an old message board from some guy, I got mine from the head coach of the Oakland Raiders in multiple interviews.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DannoMac21 said:
celticraider said:

Link?

http://www.footballdiehards.com/viewarticle.cfm?uid=7424

In Oakland. ... A story making the rounds at the Senior Bowl last weekend was that new head coach Lane Kiffin's first attempt at establishing a rapport with Moss didn't go too well.

Kiffin supposedly had trouble reaching Moss by phone. When he finally did, as the story goes, Moss told him in pointed, profane terms he wasn't interested in talking.

It's been reported on a pair of ESPN Radio interviews, and a source at the Senior Bowl told Oakland Tribune staffer Jerry McDonald that Kiffin vs. Moss was indeed a topic of discussion among coaches, scouts and personnel men in Mobile.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/darthraider/2007/02/

The latest reports have Moss getting into a verbal fight with new head coach Lane Kiffin.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This situation is getting more and more ridiculous. What do you want to be he gets traded to a team that hasn't even been mentioned?

DannoMac21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This situation is getting more and more ridiculous. What do you want to be he gets traded to a team that hasn't even been mentioned?

Agreed. If he gets traded to a team for like a 3rd round pick, that the Pack couldn't have offered, I'll be beyond pissed.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More from our buddy Florio

POSTED 1:27 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 1:59 p.m. EDT, March 18, 2007

THOMPSON CONTINUES TO BLOW SMOKE

Packers G.M. Ted Thompson claims that backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers has not been offered to the Oakland Raiders for receiver Randy Moss, and that the possibility of such a deal has never come up.

"It's never been discussed inside the building or outside the building," Thompson told the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

It's a bunch of crap, in our opinion. We're heard from too many people that Rodgers was included in trade talks. Mike Felger of the Boston Herald reported on Thursday that a deal involving the two players was imminent. Even though the trade has yet to go down, the notion that Felger's report was so far off base that the possibility of trading Rodgers has never even been discussed is ludicrous.

As we've been told, quarterback Brett Favre is pushing hard for the Packers to get Moss. As of Wednesday, we heard that trade talks involving Rodgers hit a snag. So if a Moss-for-Rodgers deal has fallen through, it doesn't mean that the Packers won't thereafter put together another package for Moss.

Indeed, while Thompson claims that Rodgers won't be dealt, Thompson has to date not said that acquiring Moss is out of the question. And even though several readers have suggested that Thompson is merely steering clear of the league's anti-tampering rules, there's no prohibition on Thompson saying something like, "We are pleased with the group of receivers that we currently have on the roster. Although we won't rule out adding any receivers through the draft, we will not be attempting to acquire any veteran receivers via free agency or trade."

And if the Packers tried to send Rodgers to the Raiders and if the deal fell through, the last thing that Thompson should do is acknowledge this development. To do so would be the equivalent of announcing to the world that the Packers think they blew it when they drafted Rodgers with the 24th overall pick in 2005.

Bottom line -- we don't believe anything Thompson has to say on the matter. That's not a specific knock on the Packers G.M. They all lie at this time of the year.

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
has Raider Pride said anything since his report? im not trying to call him out, im just wondering if maybe he knows what happend to he deal?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More from our buddy Florio

POSTED 1:27 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 1:59 p.m. EDT, March 18, 2007

THOMPSON CONTINUES TO BLOW SMOKE

Packers G.M. Ted Thompson claims that backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers has not been offered to the Oakland Raiders for receiver Randy Moss, and that the possibility of such a deal has never come up.

"It's never been discussed inside the building or outside the building," Thompson told the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

It's a bunch of crap, in our opinion. We're heard from too many people that Rodgers was included in trade talks. Mike Felger of the Boston Herald reported on Thursday that a deal involving the two players was imminent. Even though the trade has yet to go down, the notion that Felger's report was so far off base that the possibility of trading Rodgers has never even been discussed is ludicrous.

As we've been told, quarterback Brett Favre is pushing hard for the Packers to get Moss. As of Wednesday, we heard that trade talks involving Rodgers hit a snag. So if a Moss-for-Rodgers deal has fallen through, it doesn't mean that the Packers won't thereafter put together another package for Moss.

Indeed, while Thompson claims that Rodgers won't be dealt, Thompson has to date not said that acquiring Moss is out of the question. And even though several readers have suggested that Thompson is merely steering clear of the league's anti-tampering rules, there's no prohibition on Thompson saying something like, "We are pleased with the group of receivers that we currently have on the roster. Although we won't rule out adding any receivers through the draft, we will not be attempting to acquire any veteran receivers via free agency or trade."

And if the Packers tried to send Rodgers to the Raiders and if the deal fell through, the last thing that Thompson should do is acknowledge this development. To do so would be the equivalent of announcing to the world that the Packers think they blew it when they drafted Rodgers with the 24th overall pick in 2005.

Bottom line -- we don't believe anything Thompson has to say on the matter. That's not a specific knock on the Packers G.M. They all lie at this time of the year.

This site is going to be wrong and they need a scapegoat. Watch them use that writer from Boston.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Kerry Collins (cannon arm) + Randy Moss = no TD

you need to be a good QB as well, having a cannon arm doesn't make you a good QB and extremely few rookie QBs are good QBs.

Also, few teams want to pay 11 millions to a player who is unhappy and doesn't want to play, what makes you think Moss is singing happy days are here suddenly after last season?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Adam Schefner of NFL Network

The feeling around the league is the Raiders will trade or release Randy Moss. The feeling is Lane Kiffen wants to send a message that if your going to act up then get out. Schefner also reported that Art Shell would be fired like a month before it happen. The Raiders came back and basically slandered him but it turned out he was right. He reported this on NFL Total Access. I think his sources are as good as anyone’s right now.

Just so everyone knows. He did not say anything about Moss going to Green Bay or ending up in Green Bay though.

DannoMac21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lance Allen just said that on a phone interview with Harlan, that San Francisco Paper report was 100% NOT TRUE. He said he has NEVER told Thompson he doesn't want Randy Moss. He DID say that Thompson has talked to him about Moss. He also said that from what he's gathered from the fans, its 60/40 that the fans don't want Moss. He stands by his motive that football people make the football decisions though.

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lance Allen just said that on a phone interview with Harlan, that San Francisco Paper report was 100% NOT TRUE. He said he has NEVER told Thompson he doesn't want Randy Moss. He DID say that Thompson has talked to him about Moss. He also said that from what he's gathered from the fans, its 60/40 that the fans don't want Moss. He stands by his motive that football people make the football decisions though.

This whole thing gets wierder about every 3 days or so...I sure wish that they'd just hurry up and pull the trigger already.

And maybe Mr. Harlan needs to check out the poll in this thread! 60-40 my a**. We got 74-16 in favor of him boyeeeeee!!!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every poll I've seen has Packer fans wanting Moss. Here is seems to be in the popular, the radio and even Sportsnation on ESPN. Only ONE State out of 50 said Moss would be a Packers next year and it was Wisconsin. Even the radio calls here seem to be more for Moss although it's much closer than the polls.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This might have already been posted somewhere, if so I apologize, but it seems the players have no problem with Moss coming to Green Bay.

Packers | Jennings would support a trade for Moss
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:56:18 -0700

Adam Schein, of FOXSports.com, reports Green Bay Packers WR Greg Jennings would support a trade for Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss. Jennings said in an interview he would benefit from Moss' experience and from the attention Moss commands from opposing defenses on the field. Jennings also said the players have discussed the possibility of acquiring Moss and believe he would fit well in the locker room. "I would think Randy would fit in our locker room. And we have obviously discussed this among each other," Jennings said. "Anytime you have a guy who can come in and be a huge addition to your team, if you play with Brett, you are going to step your game up to play with him."

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that 60-40 is ********... the only reason he thinks its 60-40 is because the very few idiots who absolutely reject the idea of Moss being a packer are the ones who call or contact him.

Most people on this site want him. and even the ones who dont want him, actually say they wont be pissed if we get him for the right price.

In truth, its 100% of the fans know that Randy Moss makes this packer team better on the feild.
Its probally 60-40 of the fans arent sure wether he will hurt the franchise off the feild.

the only thing that will happen if randy moss acts up or does something crazy... is that ESPN will send pedro gomez to Lombardi Ave. with a sleeping bag. we will be on tv a lot more and thats about it. no long run ramifications if he screws up off the field. on the feild and in the pocketbook (esp as the rumor stands now) there is hardly anyway he could hurt us.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be wise for the Raiders to go after Carr who would be much less expensive and more proven than Russell and then take Calvin with their #1.

Calvin will also cost less and produce more than Russell over the next couple of years with less risk of a bust that all QB's have.

They then trade Moss to us for a 2nd rounder and a player.

The Raiders end up with Carr, Johnson, two early 2nd round picks, a solid receiving corps, and a damn good RB/FB combo.
Hell, that might be good enough to beat us.

It's all right there for Al. Somehow he will probably screw it up.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they still don't have an offensive line. i feel bad for carr, man. he gets the **** kicked out of him in houston, then goes to oakland and its the same **** different team. but i agree with what you said warhawk, 100%. makes sense.

Members online